Just nerf archer weapons

• I know TBS rarely plays the game but if they did as much as I have played over the last while they would realize that archers are the bane of every server.

They still hit damn hard and then they have the fastest weapons on the planet.

If you are not going to do anything about their projectiles at least nerf their fast stabby slashy weapons which riposte in one frame.

While you are at it reduce the bubble again so they cant box you in.

• There will be no further balance changes.

Besides, I remember you being one of the guys who were constantly posting how archers were fine, why the different tune now?

• When did you come over to the dark side with me?
    I have been saying that archer melee has been OP from the beginning considering that they can 1 shot at range, 90% of all classes depending on their load out. And yet not only can they survive hits from a maul or a halberd they can turn and spam kill those classes. I really have no problem with their range kills. I am actually all for it. I also believe they should be able to sprint and load and shoot. But their melee is OP for the overall class.

TB nerfed the wrong things about archers

• @Retsnom:

TB nerfed the wrong things about archers

At least there is no backstab bonus.

• Archer melee is fine, just the actual arching that’s annoying.

• @Vesanus:

At least there is no backstab bonus.

Yes that was an improvement for sure but they can still survive an attack from behind from far too many weapons. If you can sneak up behind an archer, that should be a 1 shot kill from most every weapon and not a broke sprint attack either that fails 80% of the time.

• @Retsnom:

Yes that was an improvement for sure but they can still survive an attack from behind from far too many weapons. If you can sneak up behind an archer, that should be a 1 shot kill from most every weapon and not a broke sprint attack either that fails 80% of the time.

VG charge on a stationary archer who isn’t looking at you fails 80% of the time?

Thats either bullshit or you suck lol.

Half the two handers 1 hit kill archers. With the vanguard charge pretty much any weapon does. Even the sabre.

• @lemonater47:

Troll is as troll does.

• @lemonater47:

VG charge on a stationary archer who isn’t looking at you fails 80% of the time?

Half the two handers 1 hit kill archers. With the vanguard charge pretty much any weapon does. Even the sabre.

If you actually played anything but archer you would know the difference between a pole arm sprint attack and a sword sprint attack. Because the halberd and pole arm sprint attack is a STAB, and you are locked in once you launch it. It is highly inaccurate. Not to mention that once an archer hears the sprint attack launch scream their natural instinct is to move, turn and switch weapons.

THUS a pole arm sprint attack is the most worthless attack in the game leaving you vulnerable because it rarely 1 shots unless you hit a perfect head shot.

UGH…. Sorry if I didnt make myself clear.

• Why would you sprint attack them without a sword anyways? bloody stupid.
    The most problematic archer weapons are the javelins, they’re really powerful when thrown and really powerful in melee.

• here is a solution, switch to shortsword and charge attack with that

• All archers should be forced to use cudgel :) I use the cudgel whenever I sling so I’m not a complete and total annoying dick in melee and I actually have to earn my kills by doing ranged damage first.

• @Tyoson:

All archers should be forced to use cudgel :) I use the cudgel whenever I sling so I’m not a complete and total annoying dick in melee and I actually have to earn my kills by doing ranged damage first.

Cudgel is probably the best choice in FFA because it can parry that one extra time. Parry negation beatch!

• cudgel is obsolete, same HTK on knights as shortsword, whats blunt damage m8

• @Retsnom:

No dumbass, (Can we still say that without getting banned?) If you actually played anything but archer you would know the difference between a pole arm sprint attack and a sword sprint attack. Because the halberd and pole arm sprint attack is a STAB, and you are locked in once you launch it. It is highly inaccurate. Not to mention that once an archer hears the sprint attack launch scream their natural instinct is to move, turn and switch weapons.

THUS a pole arm sprint attack is the most worthless attack in the game leaving you vulnerable because it rarely 1 shots unless you hit a perfect head shot.

UGH…. Sorry if I didnt make myself clear.

Personally the spear is my favourite vanguard weapon. Haven’t used a vanguard sword for a while now really. I think I picked the Zwei once in FFA recently. You almost got a whole second of air time to aim that charge stab. Ain’t terribly hard to do charging an archer who isn’t looking with a spear. Halberd ain’t any different don’t say it is.

Sabre is also better than the shortsword when it comes to killing archers. Kills in 2 hits shortsword kills in 3 whatever combination of strikes you use.

• Retsnom has the right of this, the halberd charge has been terribad since its nerfs and very very hard to land. The swords, spears and even other pole arms are easier to land and its very hard to hit people’s backs with it due to bubble and ping. Even 1h charge attacks are easier to land.

I don’t miss the old cudgel and it 2 shotting everyone while being extremely hard to block consistently. Short sword and thrusting dagger do need nerfs. Archers also shouldn’t be able to switch to secondary and parry a combo while being flinched. All archer ranged needs to do 75% less damage to melee, 150% more damage to archers and have less ammo.

• @zombojoe:

cudgel is obsolete, same HTK on knights as shortsword, whats blunt damage m8

increase cudgel damage plox.

• @SOC:

Retsnom has the right of this, the halberd charge has been terribad since its nerfs and very very hard to land. The swords, spears and even other pole arms are easier to land and its very hard to hit people’s backs with it due to bubble and ping. Even 1h charge attacks are easier to land.

I don’t miss the old cudgel and it 2 shotting everyone while being extremely hard to block consistently. Short sword and thrusting dagger do need nerfs. Archers also shouldn’t be able to switch to secondary and parry a combo while being flinched. All archer ranged needs to do 75% less damage to melee, 150% more damage to archers and have less ammo.

That makes no sense. Why is the halberd charge 8x harder to land when the animation and tracers are the same as all the other Polearms? Fact is it isn’t and you know it. Your archer changes are also completely bonkers. Archers will be playing a different game with those changes or no one will be playing archer at all.

• @lemonater47:

That makes no sense. Why is the halberd charge 8x harder to land when the animation and tracers are the same as all the other Polearms? Fact is it isn’t and you know it. Your archer changes are also completely bonkers. Archers will be playing a different game with those changes or no one will be playing archer at all.

Lmao, halberd tracers are exactly the same except that THEY ARE LIKE A HALF AND INCH TO THE RIGHT OF THE WEAPON ON THE SCREEN. When vanguard charging the halberd goes up and outside your fov for a tad bit and then does some weird jerking shit. On top of that you can hit an archer right in the chest or neck or even sometimes the head but it won’t give you the one hit to headshot kill even though the damn charge is come from
    above and thrusting down. But you would totally know, you always play halberd I bet.

• @lemonater47:

…or no one will be playing archer at all.

One can dream.