FTP bind (TBS pls respond :O)

• I was just commenting on what that one dude said about FTP in general. I don’t think TBS has ever made a statement regarding binding FTP to one button.

close as it gets:

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/2127-HOW-TO-Feinting-and-Parrying-on-Right-mouse-button/page3

• @ChuckingIt:

Well they removed it and put it back… Wonder what that means.

And they also just made a new gui allowing the keybind.

Again, I think it’s pretty obvious, and we can suppose all we want about intentions but I don’t really care about that. I’ve heard enough supposing from the folks on reddit and enough lack of evidence on here.

I just want something very simple. TBS saying whether they intend for FTP to be able to be bound to right mouse in the control config.

• @ChuckingIt:

check my edit. Idk if crusty helping people out counts.

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/2127-HOW-TO-Feinting-and-Parrying-on-Right-mouse-button/page3

Holy shit that’s from awhile ago. All without a working search function. You’re like a savant or something.

That’s pretty decent. I feel like if in 2012 one of the lead programmers was telling people how to bind ftp via ini edit then that’s pretty clear that it’s intended.

Always still open if anyone has anything else. I don’t recall them ever explicitly stating it yet, so it would be cool if one of them commented and was like ya we totally did that on purpose.

• @Karasu:

Holy shit that’s from awhile ago. All without a working search function. You’re like a savant or something.

Bro. I was essentially a human search function in the beginning of this forum. Had hundreds of people stopping at the forums daily, with all kinds of questions and what not. Its a refined skill.

• That was to make it so you could also feint on the right mouse button, which they soon made a feature. Feint to parry was an accidental side effect though you could still do it before hand with Q just slightly harder to do.

Really it was an exploit which turned into an accidental feature. I don’t think at all that it was planned by TB lol. Even the current way of setting through the keybinds looks more like a loophole than an official way of doing it.

• @lemonater47:

That was to make it so you could also feint on the right mouse button, which they soon made a feature. Feint to parry was an accidental side effect though you could still do it before hand with Q just slightly harder to do.

Really it was an exploit which turned into an accidental feature. I don’t think at all that it was planned by TB lol. Even the current way of setting through the keybinds looks more like a loophole than an official way of doing it.

Oh I might have overlooked that. Just glanced over the command. Not as good then. Still would like a statement or something from TBS then.

• It’s probably not intentional but accepted

• Pretty unlikely that it is intentional, IMHO. Probably not really a high priority concern either.

• Oh my god his reply to Frodiziak.

I didn’t even want to get started on FOV in this topic, but anything over 120 is cheating. It gives a fisheye view which is advantageous for combat. Why do you think sharks are the world’s top predators?

I have the flu and this sent me into a coughing/laughing fit.

• it doesn’t really matter what some people consider to be an exploit. There are people that think feints and drags are exploits so that will tell you. One way or another this will be done and everyone having the ability to do it is better than it being removed and then I just go and macro my mouse to do the same shit.

archer zoom I’m sure wasn’t discovered by TB, but they said before they don’t see it as cheating and even talked about how to do that one for people that were curious. Think they give a fuck about a ftp bind? Maybe even some of them use the thing after learning about it.

• I like how these days I still get asked about my mouse sensivity after the tiniest drag like it makes me some kind of apex predator.

• obviously ftp wasnt intended, just like drags taken to their extreme arent either. tbs has thankfully accepted those things, but youd have to have your head up your ass to think tbs intended for people to do b0ckswings and that sort of thing.

• @Flippy:

Oh my god his reply to Frodiziak.

I have the flu and this sent me into a coughing/laughing fit.

You know he’s being fucked with right? Obvious troll is obvious.

• EDIT:

In fact, when krettis calls him on it:

LOL! Fish in a fucking barrel, b-man…. XD
    I didn’t realise how fun reddit could be.

EDIT:

Same dude -

In comparison, look at tuna. They also don’t have necks, but they have 90 FOV and they get their shit ruined all day. Even by Japanese, and they’re really small.

• i would just like to confirm that I am not affiliated with twolegsjimmy

• @swagfox:

obviously ftp wasnt intended, just like drags taken to their extreme arent either. tbs has thankfully accepted those things, but youd have to have your head up your ass to think tbs intended for people to do b0ckswings and that sort of thing.

you mean everyone who is backswinging is an exploiter?

• @zombojoe:

you mean everyone who is backswinging is an exploiter?

Well you know thinking about it TB may of not of forseen it.

Then again I’ve seen reverse swings and reverse/360 parries in movies and this game is based off Hollywood. So they are all advertised features of the game really.

• @lemonater47:

Well you know thinking about it TB may of not of forseen it.

Then again I’ve seen reverse swings and reverse/360 parries in movies and this game is based off Hollywood. So they are all advertised features of the game really.

Who the fuck do you think you are answering?

he was not talking to you, cant you get it into your head we dont want your fucking tweets, go troll your own youtube channels.

• Mod

It’s a lame way to speed up feint to parry’s but I’ve seen it fuck people over countless amounts of times. This games broken and torn banner has ditched it. I don’t see why anybody can be bothered taking it seriously? Just spam OP weapons and let the game die.