Heavy Crossbow needs to punch Shields

• Seriously. That’s what the damn things are actually designed to do. Punch Plates and Shields to kill whoever is behind it.

So at least make the HEAVY do it. Has enough downsides to make this actually reasonable to have.

Not to mention this might actually make Vanguards use the Smoke Pot, since the Knights can’t just walk forward with the Shield up.

• +1, just don’t let it do a lot of damage through shields, but enough to make it useful

• Admittedly, the Heavy Crossbow is lackluster, but it still won’t solve the core issue. The fact that an Archer can survive one of these bolts because of a leg shot is proof enough the damage is just not high enough to begin with.

• i Agree the heavy crossbow at least should knock back the enemy or incapacitate him for the great impact on the shield, or istantly kill whatever is hit by the dart.

• +1. Unbreakable shields is still a mystery to me in this game, devs should make it so that atleast the heavy crossbow goes trough em’.

• Most of the ranged weapons are terribly inaccurate from what they actually do. I shoot bows myself and also have shot different crossbows, and the ranged weapons in chivalry are far from anything remotely real. Either they need to buff the damn things up, or they need to adjust other mechanics.

Arrows in your stomach hurt, from what I hear. They might wanna consider adding bleeding and pulling out arrows >.>

• +1 thats a good fix for this weapon while making game more realistic. I say no reason not too.

• I think you should take slight damage when blocking, just for realism. But, not too much or it would defeat the purpose of using shields at all.

• I think that would ruin the purpose for using shields at all.

• @wildwulfy:

I think that would ruin the purpose for using shields at all.

Well if you ask me, Shields are good in melee, almost too good so I don’t think we’ll be seeing ‘Shields underpowered’ any time soon, if ever. They render incoming feints completely useless whilst being able to parry as many attacks as a parry. Having that said that, I don’t know what to think; if and when the Heavy Xbow gets a damage buff, I think that’s all it really needs to actually become a viable weapon.

• @Martin:

@wildwulfy:

I think that would ruin the purpose for using shields at all.

Well if you ask me, Shields are good in melee, almost too good so I don’t think we’ll be seeing ‘Shields underpowered’ any time soon, if ever. They render incoming feints completely useless whilst being able to parry as many attacks as a parry. Having that said that, I don’t know what to think; if and when the Heavy Xbow gets a damage buff, I think that’s all it really needs to actually become a viable weapon.

I recall you hating the shield parry bug in AoC - but I’m of the personal opinion that shield parry is desperately needed in Chivalry, with non-parry blocks being slow to counter. Shields right now definitely need that downside, and it would make feinting a possibility against them again.

• People, you do know you can shhot under and around shields right?

• Yeah but I only hated it for the fact that you were able to perform a free instant counter with only absolute Master dancers being able to get away unscathed. If Shields were changed so that a ‘shield parry’ does what shields do now, but if you held it, it drops a little slower (0.1-0.3s), then I wouldn’t be against a shield parry in this particular case as it would make feints a tool to, well basically, slow down your opponents retaliatory attack a small amount even if the feints are still fairly ‘useless’ vs the shield. I don’t know if that small slow down is actually even worth the stamina cost of a feint though, but the system being there would make shields a lot less ‘noob friendly’ than they are right now.

• Crossbow is lackluster in general. Crossbows take more than a shot to kill someone and this alone makes bow better. I think

Vanguard should die to heavy crossbow regardless where he has been shot.
    MMA should die to normal crossbow regardless where he has been shot.

Light crossbow is meaningless. Crossbow needs to deliver a punch, not be an alternative looking bow. Maybe add a crossbow with less damage than normal but two bolts instead of one. You only launch one but you can do it twice before reloading. Has same reload time with normal crossbow.

Also velocity of crossbows is funny. Come on bolts don’t fly like that. It looks like it has been launched with a spoon. Also bolt is far too slow. It should be faster, heavy crossbow the fastest and normal crossbow is slower.

• I don’t really see any unfair tweaks with shield as they are right now, though I’d personally prefere to parry with my weapon due to the fact that my vision stays the same, and I infact kinda like that the shield sort of counters the feint. remember, its not too hard to penetrate that shield, just hug him and then just move a tad bit to the side, and ta-da, enough to slip in a sneaky stab or a slash( IF from right angle )

• All shield disadvantages are actually very easily countered by increasing FOV or playing in third person.

• @Xaragoth:

Most of the ranged weapons are terribly inaccurate from what they actually do. I shoot bows myself and also have shot different crossbows, and the ranged weapons in chivalry are far from anything remotely real. Either they need to buff the damn things up, or they need to adjust other mechanics.

Arrows in your stomach hurt, from what I hear. They might wanna consider adding bleeding and pulling out arrows >.>

+1