An idea.

• This won’t remove any of the bugs or issues within the game but it would definitely make me play at least another 1000 hours.

EDIT: I just read that TBS isn’t updating the game anymore so I guess this idea will always be just an idea. I thought it would’ve been pretty cool though.

• Yeah this is how it shoulda been done.

• oh my god. tbs pls

• TB said they would still be adding in cosmetic stuff, so this could potentially happen, right?

• @Aurane:

TB said they would still be adding in cosmetic stuff, so this could potentially happen, right?

If that’s true, then I sure hope so.

• They should do a variation of this. Have every helmet change colour with your rank. However, they shouldn’t let you pick what colour that is. Rank 50s shouldn’t be able to hide behind grey helms.

• @Skindiacus:

They should do a variation of this. Have every helmet change colour with your rank. However, they shouldn’t let you pick what colour that is. Rank 50s shouldn’t be able to hide behind grey helms.

Who cares? The whole point of more customization is to be able to CUSTOMIZE how you look. It’s not like they can REALLY hide, just look in the damn scoreboard and you can see their rank.

• @Oy:

just look in the damn scoreboard and you can see their rank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gLMSf4afzo

Seriously though, it’s nice to know whether you’re going to get rekt or not when you look at someone. With the custom skins you can’t tell if the enemy is rank 6 or 60.

• I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about your argument and come to the sound conclusion of “meh”

• @Skindiacus:

Seriously though, it’s nice to know whether you’re going to get rekt or not when you look at someone. With the custom skins you can’t tell if the enemy is rank 6 or 60.

I don’t think an opponents rank has much to do with if you are about to get rekt or not.

• Wow this looks really awesome and badass. Tbs, please add this to game if you like your community, thanks.

• @gndo:

I don’t think an opponents rank has much to do with if you are about to get rekt or not.

That’s not the point. High ranks should be easily identifiable.

• @Skindiacus:

Just use voice emotes and crouch/bow and see if they react the same way. It’s like the Chivalry mating call for experienced players.

• “I would buy the skins if they came in the rank helmet colors.”- Stan, a very long time ago.

• @Skindiacus:

Why? I like to change how I look all the time because looking cool makes the game way more fun to me. Having to default to pink helmets for everything sounds really stupid. I like the classic before-customization look sometimes too.

Just press tab and check the scoreboard often to see everyone’s rank if you’re that paranoid. A lot better of a solution than forcing players to use certain colored helmets.

• @SOC:

Just press tab and check the scoreboard often to see everyone’s rank if you’re that paranoid. A lot better of a solution than forcing players to use certain colored helmets.

yeah, but

• If you got time to whine about it on the forums, you got time to press tab in game.

• Apparantly I’m a coward for being rank 59 and not wearing gold. I don’t even like the gold helmet and it never fits with my customization.

• @Skindiacus:

That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard man. I would be pretty pissed if I was forced to wear that awful gold beacon. What’s the point of customization if you force people to wear stuff related to their rank? I don’t even understand why you need to identify high rank anyway. When you know you have someone supposedly good in front of you, you run away and cry?

• I only wear the gold helm when it suits the costume. My archers wear the polycount melon-helm, and my knights wear other DLC thingies. It would be criminal to restrict someone’s colour choice based on their rank.