Remove low rank servers

• What the **** are you waiting for.

• Very persuasive but nonexistent argument. We have enough threads to prove that noob servers only set new players up for failure.

• Leave one or two for each region at most. They do have a purpose, but not this many. 24p too so the extra 8 can keep populating real servers.

• @SOC:

Leave one or two for each region at most. They do have a purpose, but not this many. 24p too so the extra 8 can keep populating real servers.

In BR se only have like two servers, so prease, no noob servers here, our community is already dying, there is no need for more divided community

• I feel betrayed by Torn Banners every day because every single thing they do is stupid and ruins my fun. I actually consistently come back for about 2 days before I decide that their complete lack of judgment keeps ruining the game and hopefully, one day, they just understand a few of their errors.

Instead I come to a new crappy menu update that proves they still update shit but can’t fix shit, a game that hangs 5x more on loading screens, a game that has all the issues it had and still can’t even be fucking bothered to remove low rank servers. Who, even with family sharing, is annoying to play in because 1, you get bad habits and 2, they’re all crappy all-gametype servers. I actually spend half the time I spend on the game on just fighting the game itself.

So I come around now, check if the low rank servers are gone, and whine about it if they’re not. And I’ll keep doing it every now and then, because the bunch of pussies that this team is made off deserves a little fucking whining for a game that I paid for that was fine once and they pissed all over it. Fucking torn banner twats.

• ^ I like this guy.

• @SOC:

Leave one or two for each region at most. They do have a purpose, but not this many. 24p too so the extra 8 can keep populating real servers.

This could work. Then at the top of every hour they should have trumpets play a gallant tune in the low rank server and a bold voice shouts “The mighty ones have arrived!”. For the remainder of the current match in progress, the server will open and reserve those 8 slots for ranks 40+.

• @Caliko:

“The mighty ones have arrived!”. For the remainder of the current match in progress, the server will open and reserve those 8 slots for ranks 40+.

I’d pay for that to be implemented.

• @SOC:

but, but 32 player servers suck. I mainly attack on objectives and for a LOT of objectives 32 players is too many, makes completing them damn near impossible. MOAR 24 man’s. I agree that less low ranks but not none at all. There needs to be a few but i typically see like 6 servers I could be playing on if I was 0-15, and then the rest are full so I have to sit there and wait.

• @50ShadesofClay:

but, but 32 player servers suck. I mainly attack on objectives and for a LOT of objectives 32 players is too many, makes completing them damn near impossible.

Yeah, 32p servers are an almost unbearable clusterfuck. However, because the archer limits are the same on 32 and 24p servers, I notice myself getting less focus from archers as they have more people to aim for. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

• @Caliko:

This could work. Then at the top of every hour they should have trumpets play a gallant tune in the low rank server and a bold voice shouts “The mighty ones have arrived!”. For the remainder of the current match in progress, the server will open and reserve those 8 slots for ranks 40+.

Why would you want to do this? Low rank servers are there for a reason, speaking from the perspective of my younger brother who has just started the game, he wants to learn to play well, not to be trampled on again and again by high ranks who can run circles around him and yo yo spin their swords.

Letting 40+ into low rank servers is just pandering to cocky trolls who will happily cut the noobs to bits for the sake of their own ego’s and not bother to teach new players anything.

• @Caliko:

I would que up just to join in the low rank server and lay waste to some peasants. I’d still like to be fair and only use my fists as a weapon or low damage weapons. It would be only for the last section or round of certain matches to be fair to the low ranks. It would give them an idea of what they will face in thd higher rank servers. However they wouldn’t have to face the rank 40 + most of the game. This way they can improve at their own skill level.

• @Sir:

Why would you want to do this? Low rank servers are there for a reason, speaking from the perspective of my younger brother who has just started the game, he wants to learn to play well, not to be trampled on again and again by high ranks who can run circles around him and yo yo spin their swords.

Letting 40+ into low rank servers is just pandering to cocky trolls who will happily cut the noobs to bits for the sake of their own ego’s and not bother to teach new players anything.

Or just make the game like it used to be, when we didn’t have low rank servers.

• Jack Burton: I’m a reasonable guy. But, I’ve just experienced some very unreasonable things.

• I’m sort of mixed on the idea of removing low-rank servers, Matchmaking like counter-strike has would be nice, I’m around rank 30 and I’m all for the challenge to improve myself but I just don’t want to play against players who constantly put in a 100 hours a week into chivalry, I swear some of the stuff they do with their keyboard and mouse is not natural lol, Imagine a new player has just installed the game, imagine there is no low-rank servers, They get into the match and they are annihilated repeatedly every few seconds that is NOT fun, they would probably just uninstall the game and move on. Do we want the game to die any faster than it already is?

On the other hand maybe the opposite would happen, Maybe the game would feel more balanced with new players mixed in, Maybe there would even be an unwritten rule that high rank/skilled players would go a little easier on players they think are new (we can hope), There would still be a huge disparity/skill gap between players on the battlefield, Not really sure how it would play out.

Like I said I’m mixed on the idea on removing them, Maybe status quo is the best option some of us just can’t see that, Who knows.

• @stio89:

Imagine a new player has just installed the game, imagine there is no low-rank servers, They get into the match and they are annihilated repeatedly every few seconds that is NOT fun

I don’t have to imagine this, there was no low rank servers when I started, and yes, I got annihilated repeatedly, but I still had fun, and it just made me want to improve.