Anyway to make it so ranged weapons don't use "Primary Attack"?

• By editing udkgame.ini or anything of that nature?

My main attack is stab when I play, so I remap “tertiary attack” to my left mouse button. However, this makes it so left mouse button no longer fires ranged attacks.

Basically wondering if you can change ranged attack to second attack, tertiary attack, alternate attack, etc.

• you could probably bind it to the same key considering that when you have the bow out it won’t do the attack. make the primary lmb as usual, but make the tertiary 1st slot empty and make the alt slot lmb.

• @50ShadesofClay:

you could probably bind it to the same key considering that when you have the bow out it won’t do the attack. make the primary lmb as usual, but make the tertiary 1st slot empty and make the alt slot lmb.

I actually need primary attack and tertiary attack to be separate keys.

What I’m trying to do is very simple.

For example, let’s say “A” is primary attack and “B” is secondary attack. All I want to do is flipflop the two. Easy enough to, just simply change the keybindings. However, I still want bows to fire with “A”. Basically I want stab and bow fire to be the same button. But since firing a bow is stuck on “Primary Attack”, you can’t do that.

I wish there was a separate keybinding for “Fire Arrow/Ranged”, but there isn’t. It’s always the same button as “Primary Attack”. I am sure you can edit it in the udkgame.ini however, just need to find someone that knows how.

• This post is deleted!

• @Disaster:

I actually need primary attack and tertiary attack to be separate keys.

What I’m trying to do is very simple.

For example, let’s say “A” is primary attack and “B” is secondary attack. All I want to do is flipflop the two. Easy enough to, just simply change the keybindings. However, I still want bows to fire with “A”. Basically I want stab and bow fire to be the same button. But since firing a bow is stuck on “Primary Attack”, you can’t do that.

I wish there was a separate keybinding for “Fire Arrow/Ranged”, but there isn’t. It’s always the same button as “Primary Attack”. I am sure you can edit it in the udkgame.ini however, just need to find someone that knows how.

Try adding GBA_Fire under the mousescrollup binding in UDKPlayerInput, im not sure if that will work considering you’ve rebinded it to lmb but try it

• @50ShadesofClay:

you could probably bind it to the same key considering that when you have the bow out it won’t do the attack. make the primary lmb as usual, but make the tertiary 1st slot empty and make the alt slot lmb.

I need “Tertiary Attack” and “Fire” to be the same button. But there is no way to do this in the in-game keybindings, since the developers made “Fire” always be the same key that you have “Primary Attack” bound to. What I think they should have done instead is make it a separate keybinding.

@Jonasi:

Try adding GBA_Fire under the mousescrollup binding in UDKPlayerInput, im not sure if that will work considering you’ve rebinded it to lmb but try it

Good suggestion, was definitely worth a shot. Unforunately GBA_Fire is automatically tied to whatever your “Primary Attack” keybind is, so it was already there.

Edit: Only thing that half-works is to make “Primary Attack” and “Tertiary” the same button. “Fire” always works with LMB, but when I have a melee weapon out it will randomly do a “Tertiary” or “Primary Attack”. Kind of like rolling the dice on every swing, not very effective. :-)

• @Disaster:

Good suggestion, was definitely worth a shot. Unforunately GBA_Fire is automatically tied to whatever your “Primary Attack” keybind is, so it was already there.

Edit: Only thing that half-works is to make “Primary Attack” and “Tertiary” the same button. “Fire” always works with LMB, but when I have a melee weapon out it will randomly do a “Tertiary” or “Primary Attack”. Kind of like rolling the dice on every swing, not very effective. :-)

Oh ok I don’t think there is a way to do it then.
    However it isn’t random as you say, it’s just that if you stab and then press LMB again it will combo to a slash. So if you wait until you can’t combo anymore it will stab like normal :)

• @Disaster:

By editing udkgame.ini or anything of that nature?

My main attack is stab when I play, so I remap “tertiary attack” to my left mouse button. However, this makes it so left mouse button no longer fires ranged attacks.

Basically wondering if you can change ranged attack to second attack, tertiary attack, alternate attack, etc.

try making use of the secondary colum (how to spell colum?) for binding keys to multiple actions.

• @J-D:

try making use of the secondary colum (how to spell colum?) for binding keys to multiple actions.

that’s basically what I was saying to do, just bind LMB to the secondary slot in primary attack, and perhaps the first primary to some key you don’t use ever like p or o. Then set first tertiary to LMB as well. Since you cannot do stabs with the bow drawn, it should default to firing. Then when you are melee, the lmb should do stabs since it’s in the first slot.

i’m sure you could probably also edit ini files to do it too.

• @J-D:

@50ShadesofClay:

that’s basically what I was saying to do, just bind LMB to the secondary slot in primary attack, and perhaps the first primary to some key you don’t use ever like p or o. Then set first tertiary to LMB as well. Since you cannot do stabs with the bow drawn, it should default to firing. Then when you are melee, the lmb should do stabs since it’s in the first slot.

i’m sure you could probably also edit ini files to do it too.

Yes!!! It works!!! I can now stab and fire a bow with left mouse button, fantastic! I never even thought about playing around with secondary slots, I just assumed all they did was make both buttons do the same thing, I didn’t realize that if two different attacks were assigned to the same button, that the primary slot would take precedent over the secondary. Perfect!