Spawn/ loadout Exploits

• We’ve been getting a few reports of players getting into enemy spawn (via exploits or during a spawn transition) and utilizing the loadout change to harass the enemy as they spawn in. Please report any level you encounter this behaviour.

• Wouldn’t it be easier if you just. . . I don’t know, fixed so people can’t change loadout in the enemies spawn area?

• @Xylvion:

Wouldn’t it be easier if you just. . . I don’t know, fixed so people can’t change loadout in the enemies spawn area?

Yea, just do this. Every area which you can enter before it becomes a spawn area is exploitable.

• @Xylvion:

Wouldn’t it be easier if you just. . . I don’t know, fixed so people can’t change loadout in the enemies spawn area?

This would require a large amount of overhauling in our kismet system for most of the TO maps. We have a few ideas on how to fix it and just want to make sure every scenario is covered.

• This post is deleted!

• there’s a spot on King’s Garden. it’s a Mason spawn before Agatha breaches the gate and isn’t used as an Agatha spawn after that but for some reason a ramp appears allowing you to go inside and change class. for example, you could sit there with a HCB and respawn for ammo, change to MaA and chuck firepots at people emerging from spawn, respawn to recover health if you’re wounded.

On Hillside Treb stage, there’s a also a corner on the cliff outside/below the spawn area where you can respawn.

• Since it’s semi related, how about locating catapults/ballistas that remain in previous objectives that can be used to kill people at their new spawn spots? As in an enemy player staying back after an objective change on a siege weapon to hit the new spawn. DrunkenBazaar and Belmez have these issues which can be corrected like on citadel where the ballista breaks with the objective change.

• This post is deleted!

• Yeah you don’t actually have to go in active spawn points. Even in game modes like FFA the TO spawn points are still there and you can change your class in them.

Also on a slightly unrelated note have you fixed the last stage Mason citadel spawns. Where the spawn point is the entire length of the tunnels. Meaning you can just sit there with your MG42/HCB Firing without reloading. I know people have set up keybinds to change class so they can Change class as rapidly as they can push the button so several times a second. They can actually have an MG42 using that there.

• You need to change something in your system if you don’t want to change all of the maps. Because in spawn transition you can simply not respawn and enter the new spawn of your enemy on most maps:
    Darkforst, Citadel, Hillside, Stoneshill, Drunkenbazaar, Cove, Belmez. On Citadel and Outpost you can climb into spawn at one stage.

You could add a timer so that players can only change class every few seconds or just apply the standard respawn mode on class changing (like when you press F1).

If the above is really no opportunity, we could still create such a list you asked for in the first place.

• Is this really that common? I know I only have 750 hours, but I should have seen it at least _once_​.

• This post is deleted!

• @Skindiacus:

Is this really that common? I know I only have 750 hours, but I should have seen it at least _once_​.

Ive seen people sit in spawn and firepot their own team, switching back to MAA every second. 0% damage and pure trolling. Of course with the vote changes you cant kick them more than trying and failing once.

• All TBS has to do is change the loadout volume to check what team you are in and possibly add a cooldown.

• Has only been reported for like a year… maybe more without answer… how come it’s important now?

I think its like any map that can be done on it… so might just be easier as others have said to patch them all/adjust the spawn settings, or make opposing side die in enemy spawn?

• Good to see Torn Banner have come around and decided to fix their old project instead of ditching it :)

One common spot I see this happen is the top level where the slaves are freed from the cages on Citadel. The enemy can spam spawn up there when the objective ends.

I’ve seen it happen at the top area where the dead bodies are dropped into the water of dark forest as well.

They’re the two common areas I’ve seen it happen the most. If I see more I’ll let yous know.

• Forcing F1 after every objective could also be a solution, if I fight someone at the catapult on stoneshill for example and the enemy push through, I might not have time to hit F1 depending on the situation of the battle. Which means it’s not really my fault that I end up in the new mason spawn, I’m not going to let them kill me either so I might not rush through their spawn as there’s ten people around, but instead I’d stay back which could lead to someone noticing me and trying to come at me.

• You could jump onto the spawn down the hill on Hillside until a few weeks ago (superjump). I think the map with the worst spawn design right now is Drunken Bazaar.

In fact, on the stage where you have to defend/kill the peasants and ruin/defend the garden thing (wells), there are several OBVIOUS and easy ways to sneak into the attackers spawn.

Maps from Coldfront to the very new ones have needed fixes from day one for so many inconsistencies.

@Xylvion:

Forcing F1 after every objective could also be a solution

Also this…

• Developer

Well, we’ve got a cooldown delay coming for the loadout change, as in once you do it you’ll have to wait a bit to do it again. This should combat invincible spawnkillers, teamdamage firepot griefers, and spawn point machine guns / firepot artillery.

IMO, the spawns that you can sit in / behind and then spawn kill when the objective changes, I think that’s fine since once you die you can’t get back in. And you’re making a choice to not actually help your team, so you’re angering everyone which is great :kitty::kitty::kitty:

Hopefully the delay will be all that’s needed for those ones, I’m more interested in locations other than spawnpoints that you can change your loadout, or spawnpoints that you can jump into from the outside. Thanks a bundle for anyone who has reported those ones.

@lemonater47:

Yeah you don’t actually have to go in active spawn points. Even in game modes like FFA the TO spawn points are still there and you can change your class in them.

Oh man, really? Any specific FFA maps?

@lemonater47:

Also on a slightly unrelated note have you fixed the last stage Mason citadel spawns. Where the spawn point is the entire length of the tunnels.

Yeah, there’s like the two rooms before you get into the throneroom, you can only change in the first room where you spawn now.

• This post is deleted!