BETA - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 35 (Mac and Linux Integration)

• New
    This is the first public build with Linux and OS X integrated into our normal build process, so all three platforms are now in lockstep with each other! This is also the first time Linux and OS X have been available at all on the Chivalry BETA app.

Fixes

• Attempt at mitigating Stoneshill second objective crash
    • invite-accept crash fix; not sure whether reproducible on PC
    • don’t do anything with HUD markers etc. until level has finished loading. Fix for issue where icons may not appear on some levels when loading slowly (particularly, Stoneshill)
    • don’t let King try to Forward Spawn or switch to Observer (may unintentionally end objective early)
    • when a client loses connection to the host without warning (e.g., because the client’s LAN cable was pulled), could call DisableSprint() every frame until it crashed
    • fix issues with throwing fire pots into lava
    • Fix flag not being put down correctly when it was just picked up and the previous weapon is still being put down
    • kill the pot if the FX is done. The FX is pooled and if we shutdown after this, we might shut down when someone else has taken that pooled object. The shutdown turns the FX off -> we might turn someone else’s FX off
    • stop client pawns from spawning weather emitters on listen server host
    • stop people from using items (E) if they’re throwing a throwable
    • If someone joins while a server is paused, unpause for 1 tick (unpause is necessary as part of the player joining process), immediately repause.
    • AdminTournamentMode fixed
    • Fix for server browser “Server Details” query crash
    • Fix buckler phys asset, added a sphere body to cover the boss (the player’s hand was slightly sticking through the existing collision body)
    • Slightly realigned shortbow and crossbow skins due to valid complaints lodged here: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/22911-New-crossbow-skin-annoying-problem
    • Also temujin and hound swords were slightly misaligned
    • Corrected vertex paint on some spartan foliages (used in various UGC maps)
    • Fix buckler phys asset, added a sphere body to cover the boss (the player’s hand was slightly sticking through the existing collision body)

Other changes

• Loadout change volume now has a 15 second cooldown

• Admin login events are now light red (#FF5555 ) in chat. The system PM color is now pale blue (#B2C4E1) instead of cyan (#33FFFF)

• Added phys asset for workhammer mesh

• Removed several instances of log spam

• Reduced amount of data replicated or considered for replication, reducing CPU and bandwidth use for servers

• Script optimization, reducing (game thread) CPU use for servers and clients

• Skeletal mesh / animation rendering optimizations

• DetailMode affects more Pawn effects. Decap distance repurposed as “high detail distance”; this distance is further on High Detail than Medium Detail, etc.

• don’t do blood masks at all in Low detail, or beyond high detail distance - 1 step
      • don’t do blood splatter effect unless on High or within high detail distance + 1 step
      • don’t do blood decal if MaxActiveDecals setting is 0, or DetailMode is DM_Low, or DetailMode is DM_Medium and we’re beyond high detail distance + 1 step
    • Pass over all levels’ sound sublevels to move as much into Client-side Kismet as possible. A few were playing ambient sounds continuously off the server, which is kind of expensive. Fixed now with no actual effect on the audible sounds.

• Animation framerate LODding added. New video config setting to modify this. Server always plays anims at 1/5 rate unless they include root motion

Beta 2

• modified dummies (console command adddummies / admin adddummies) to constantly attack but not move. Good for parry/riposte testing.
    • Fix non-alt direction combo feint to parry to riposte to combo issue, wherein that last combo would play Release in non-combo direction despite the riposte coming from non-combo direction as well.
    • Fixes for issues introduced by previous beta build:
      • Fix pause header getting stuck for late joiners to paused server
      • Fix pawns not being properly bloodyable
      • Fix issue where bots weren’t animating weapons at full framerate on a dedicated server, messing up their tracers

Beta 3 / RC

• Fixes for issues introduced by previous beta builds:
      • Fix ragdolls going to sleep inappropriately (zombie ragdolls) (partly failed, death anims are broken, waiting for the next build)
      • Make dummies non-invincible again
      • Tweak defaults for anim lodding
      • Fix issue where anim lodding could cause distant skeletal meshes to stop animating altogether
    • Stop player names getting set to “Player123” or such

• Animation framerate LODding added. New video config setting to modify this. Server always plays anims at 1/5 rate unless they include root motion

Does this mean less jittery animations?

kill the pot if the FX is done. The FX is pooled and if we shutdown after this, we might shut down when someone else has taken that pooled object. The shutdown turns the FX off -> we might turn someone else’s FX off

Does this mean less invisible firepots?

• Holy hell this is a great update! Great fixes can’t wait to test after I get off work.

• @DaGGyzo:

I honestly didn’t think this would of been addressed or even considered. Thank you so much for proving me wrong. I’ll hop on the beta and check it out.

• Damn, that is a nice chunky update!

• Whoooaaa loads of fixes. Great job, I’ll get on the Beta and get my Bro on the OSX Beta and we can playtest.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• The number of concurrent players has dropped a bit, hopefully MAC and LINUX make up for it - but its hard to believe it unless some advertising money is spent.

• Hey I realy like this patch good job TB :) I hope you’ll do way better with the sequel as I’m sure you will so good luck

• Praise TBS, great patch.

• Don’t praise until it goes on live game and we discover all the new bugs then, because you never can find them all in beta.

Anyway, let’s hope the buckler actually starts feeling consistent now after how many years now, 3? Also fix catapult fast clicks, and add TK damage to catapult and fire pots.

• Nice fixes TB! Thanks guys!

While you are at it, there is now a bug with CFTP, that is shown in this video here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f26Rni8EBf0&feature=youtu.be
    That is found in this thread here:
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/22972-What-is-your-opinion-of-the-new-patch-Has-it-improved-the-game-mechanics

I believe is nothing game breaker or something, but well…

• Woot, thanks devs :loyal:

• Developer

@Vanguard:

Nice fixes TB! Thanks guys!

While you are at it, there is now a bug with CFTP, that is shown in this video here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f26Rni8EBf0&feature=youtu.be
    That is found in this thread here:
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/22972-What-is-your-opinion-of-the-new-patch-Has-it-improved-the-game-mechanics

I believe is nothing game breaker or something, but well…

Noted. If you can, please try to repro in the next beta build. We also modified the dummy bots (admin adddummies X) so that they stand still and constantly slash to make it easier to test things like this.

• There seems to be an issue with blood appearing on bots in the "create game " mode after taking damage. I don’t know if this extends to players. Tested in medium and high detail. Seems exclusive to Archer primaries or it could just be out of place in general. The following contains photo evidence….

From top to bottom.

One Shortbow bodkin headshot to an Archer.
    One Heavy Crossbow bolt torso shot on a Vanguard.
    Three Shortbow bodkin torso shots to a Knight.

• Developer

New build and notes are up.

• @DaGGyzo:

Other changes

• don’t do blood masks at all in Low detail, or beyond high detail distance - 1 step
      • don’t do blood splatter effect unless on High or within high detail distance + 1 step

What does this mean? I hope it doesn’t mean no blood on player models if you have low settings?

• thats what it means

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Noted. If you can, please try to repro in the next beta build. We also modified the dummy bots (admin adddummies X) so that they stand still and constantly slash to make it easier to test things like this.

Hey man, couldn’t add dummies! I’m typing this in the console with no results, what should I do?

I tested it online, had 200+ ping and some really weird things happened with the ragdolls. They were freezing in weird positions, they would rise again from the dead and even fly away from you! The other player noticed this too, he had 90-100 ping. I have no idea how to reproduce this, just joined the duel server, but I’ve got some nice screenshots of the ragdoll running away from me.
    Idk if related, but I had set the animation lod to low, then back to high.

It was hard to test the CFTP thing online due 200+ ping, so thats why I ask about them dummies