So TBS destroyed the community

• So no more balance updates.

While leaving the number one balance update outstanding.

Thank you for leaving us prematurely.

One word.

Archers.

While archers are girly and hot they destroyed all semblance of a balanced game.

Unfortunately TBS does not actually play the game so it was like clueless noobs balanced melee against ranged.

• I hear that Mercs mod thing is pretty good.

• First world problems.

• @Karasu:

I hear that Mercs mod thing is pretty good.

As usual I bow to Karasu wisdom.

Actually I do agree the increased damage archer versus archer was the absolutely right thing to do - it makes a side play of archers playing each each other in a completely different meta of point and click and lets melee enjoy that part of the game.

But TBS is not exactly the smartest people to embrace new things so unlikely we will see this until the community is almost dead.

• It seems people like you often forget how shitty and sloppy the coding is. They patched it together internationally over the internet, it’s nice that we have what we have. I just hope all this community butthurt has toughened and wizened whoever’s left of the original team, and I hope the new guys bring it to the table. Waiting for chiv 2.

• @Oy:

It seems people like you often forget how shitty and sloppy the coding is. They patched it together internationally over the internet, it’s nice that we have what we have. I just hope all this community butthurt has toughened and wizened whoever’s left of the original team, and I hope the new guys bring it to the table. Waiting for chiv 2.

I forget how sloppy the coding is - I have developed a lot of software and quite of aware of what they started with.

But what the fuck has that to do with anything Oy troll?

Crushed already made changes for a better game with MERC - are you trying to just spew stuff that makes no sense?

The TBS team is strong and quite capable of bringing a few changes for the better, not much left needed but there are so gaping gaps, they just need a swift kick up the arse and need to look at what the competitive clans and crushed leader is doing for inspiration.

I think you need to go back to your off topic racist avatars.

• You always spin encounters where people disagree with you as them being a troll - it’s quite boring. You apparently don’t understand business either. You have no context and you have no idea what goes on at the TB studio, but you act like you know exactly how to fix everything, and cry and insult the devs with dumb threads on a bi-weekly basis. If you have to pull that stupid race card joke, you must be pretty lame-brained m8. I get that you care about the game, but stomping your feet like a brat isn’t the way to express that. If you’re such a competent coder, whip up your own patch, not gloat about one Crushed made.

• The thing is that if one player can fix almost everything wrong with the game, how can it be so hard for the actual developers not to always mess up everything while trying to fix bugs/imbalance.

They just left Chiv with its thousands of players in a completely f*ckd up state with broken Archer vs. Archer and caveman meta. It’s true that the community had something to do with caveman meta becoming so strong, but it was because the removal of FiR wasn’t tested enough. So now we have hit trading as the #1 tactic of low level players and anyone learning the game, and TBS seems to refuse to bring FiR back even when it could breathe some life into the current braindead meta.

• I’m not calling TB blameless, that’s for sure, but how does swearing at them on their own forums going to do anything? And people wonder why TB never communicates.

• Well the game can still be “saved”. They just have to find a way to include the most important changes like FHF and some windup increases into the main game. If they are lazy just make Mercs balance changes part of it and let the community soak it in.

Raging at the forums really does nothing, but looks like TBS isn’t gonna listen anyway. If you think raging can get their attention then why not.

• Haven’t you already made a thread like this?

• @Oy:

It seems people like you often forget how shitty and sloppy the coding is. They patched it together internationally over the internet, it’s nice that we have what we have. I just hope all this community butthurt has toughened and wizened whoever’s left of the original team, and I hope the new guys bring it to the table. Waiting for chiv 2.

What the fuck has that to do with making archers less op which is a trivial change. God you are ignorant I guess, maybe when you get out of high school you could study computer science.

• @Oy:

I’m not calling TB blameless, that’s for sure, but how does swearing at them on their own forums going to do anything? And people wonder why TB never communicates.

They dont communicate because its all trolls on the forum of which you and lemon make up the majority.

• @gregcau:

They dont communicate because its all trolls on the forum of which you and lemon make up the majority.

Man you’re an idiot. You seem to have a massive superiority complex. Maybe when you get out of college you can pull your head out of your ass and stop being a cunt to people for no reason. If I see you in game I’ll be sure to archer camp you.

• Please try to be a bit more constructive when posting on the forums. The name calling and insults do not belong here.