Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 35 (Mac and Linux Integration)

• Developer

@Psyfon:

Would “High” be no different than how it was before, or even smoother than before at a distance?

And would setting it “Low” somehow improve animation smoothness close-up since the game isnt trying to focus on ones that are happening across the map as much?

High is the same as it used to be. Low may improve performance in general, so animations may look better in as much as they’d look better if anything else improved your frame rate.

@Sheepdude:

Half the servers seem to be down, including official ones. Additionally, I can no longer seem to launch the Chivalry Dedicated Server on Windows. I can launch UDK.exe with the appropriate parameters, but the console remains blank, as if I’ve specified something incorrectly.

Console remaining blank is normal, it’s been that way since around launch. “UDKLogging.exe” logs, “UDK.exe” does not log.

Servers looking to be down:
    A) Could it be that your client hasn’t updated, and you’re just seeing out-of-date servers? The main menu should say the game was built from Changelist 26619
    B) We did get some reports that Steam was acting up late yesterday and the server browser wasn’t working properly. Is it still happening?

• game runs fine for me, great patch

• hey Torn Linux when is the announcement for you unnoficiaiccial gaem coming?

• @Ramses_IV:

hey Torn Linux when is the announcement for you unnoficiaiccial gaem coming?

I dont care about announcement… but when first balance patch for new game?:wink:

• Cool update! I should probably get this game for PC……

• Also noticed that mouse quite often gets completely locked when u swing, making me miss insanely much all of a sudden. Dunno why this patch gave me so much new bugs and shit while others dont seem to notice much. Only a few people I talked to are experiencing same stuff as me.

• I occasionally get a 1-5 second freeze whenever I kill someone.

I know I’m far from the only one who’s had this at one point or the other but it’s definitely happening a lot to me in this patch.
    Oh well, guess I’m on my own to fix it considering TB truly doesn’t give a crap.

• @General:

Cool update! I should probably get this game for PC……

It’s worth every penny

• @Rickvs:

I occasionally get a 1-5 second freeze whenever I kill someone.

I know I’m far from the only one who’s had this at one point or the other but it’s definitely happening a lot to me in this patch.
    Oh well, guess I’m on my own to fix it considering TB truly doesn’t give a crap.

Hey man, I have this too. I thought it was because my pc is really low end.

Not a new thing thou, happens for some time now I think.

• @Mean:

Also noticed that mouse quite often gets completely locked when u swing, making me miss insanely much all of a sudden. Dunno why this patch gave me so much new bugs and shit while others dont seem to notice much. Only a few people I talked to are experiencing same stuff as me.

Man, sometimes I think the mouse deceleration is completely messed up. I can’t really put a finger on it though. It just feels more restricted, but I thought maybe my mouse is broken or I am having a bad day. Can you describe what you mean Mean?

• I noticed the mouse deceleration last night as well. Seems like I have to really whip it around more now and it was stuffing my attacks up :(

• Is this possible to have something like a mod of the game that was before the spring/summer patch from 2013?
    Even only with bots.
    I want to have fun again.
    I paid for this.
    I will buy an helmet if you can do.
    Thanks so much.

p.s. tired of this s**t

• @fvonb:

Man, sometimes I think the mouse deceleration is completely messed up. I can’t really put a finger on it though. It just feels more restricted, but I thought maybe my mouse is broken or I am having a bad day. Can you describe what you mean Mean?

This has been happening for me FOREVER. Pain in the ass when you’re trying to do SoW stab drags. Had to resort to pure feinting pretty much because it happened so much.

Jesus how can anyone still play this game even casually, it’s so broken

• linux server still seems to be broken

Steam>app_update 220070 -beta linuxtesting
     Update state (0x5) validating, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
    Success! App '220070' fully installed.

"AppState"
    {
        "appid"        "220070"
        "Universe"        "1"
        "name"        "Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Dedicated Server"
        "StateFlags"        "4"
        "installdir"        "chivalry"
        "LastUpdated"        "1424961642"
        "UpdateResult"        "0"
        "SizeOnDisk"        "0"
        "buildid"        "535123"
        "LastOwner"        "76561198167093441"
        "BytesToDownload"        "0"
        "BytesDownloaded"        "0"
        "AutoUpdateBehavior"        "0"
        "AllowOtherDownloadsWhileRunning"        "0"
        "FullValidateOnNextUpdate"        "1"
        "UserConfig"
        {
            "betakey"        "linuxtesting"
        }
        "MountedDepots"
        {
        }
    }

• Thanks for the update! much appreciated!

• @fvonb:

Exactly, something with the turncap (when you swing) is really messed up after this patch, cant put my finger on it either but its getting stuck or smthing quite often. This is completely gamebreaking. Been speaking to a few others experiencing the same thing.

PLEASE TB look into this, its is one of the worst “bugs” Ive ever encountered in this game.

Edit: Patch came, and suddenly I miss like 3 times as much as I did before it, something is very wrong.

• Hahahahahaaaaammwahahaa

FINALLY YOU KNOW MY PAIN

• Got some mouse lockouts myself as well. Been having them in the past but their frequency is definitely turned up a notch right now.

Still though, not as horrible as those crappy lagfest animations atm. Sorry, I can’t shut up about it. Just revert the game to pre-polycount patch because they were still silky smooth before that.

Now I genuinely can’t even tell accelerations from deacceleration until it’s too late. Imagine that in a 5vs5.

• You computer people are on patch 35 while us Xbox folk are still waiting for patch 1 :(

• the turncap bug needs to be fixed asap