Friend is having issues with "Mouse Momentum"

• I know this is very vague, but does anyone know what he’s talking about? He’s having an issue with controlling the game in both navigating menus and actually playing the game that involves his mouse not responding accordingly. He says it’s ONLY in Chivalry and he thinks it’s something called “Mouse Momentum.”

He’s tried everything he can think of to alleviate it, ranging from turning off Mouse Smoothing to editing game files. Again, I know this is vague, but he won’t even play the game until he can figure this out.

Edit: He wants everyone to know that he’s REALLY mad. pls help

• Mouse acceleration?

• He says it’s something different from acceleration, but he did try things involving turning that off as well. Didn’t work.

• What’s his performance like? Having a laggy game can cuase your mouse input to lag behind. “Mouse momentum” lol. He’s making up features. FPS please. Statfps in the console.

His specs would be the alternative if he can’t tell us his framerate.

• Did he do the following changes in UDKInput.ini?

bViewAccelerationEnabled=FALSE

ViewAccel_YawThreshold=0f
    ViewAccel_DiagonalThreshold=0f
    ViewAccel_BaseMultiplier=0f
    ViewAccel_TimeToHoldBeforeFastAcceleration=0f
    ViewAccel_RampSpeed=0f
    ViewAccel_MaxTurnSpeed=0f
    ViewAccel_Twitchy=0f

ViewAccel_PitchThreshold=0f
    ViewAccel_LookingUpOrDownBoundary=0f
    ViewAccel_BackToCenterBoundary=0f
    ViewAccel_BackToCenterSpeed=0f

• @Xylvion:

Did he do the following changes in UDKInput.ini?

ViewAccel_RampSpeed=0f
    ViewAccel_Twitchy=0f

What does this sorcery do?

• @Xylvion:

ViewAccel_RampSpeed=0f
    ViewAccel_Twitchy=0f

I believe so, yes.

@Lemonater I don’t actually know. I’ll see if that’s his issue.

• @Vanguard:

What does this sorcery do?

removes mouse acceleration completely and made me stop doing random friggen 1080 spins.

• @Xylvion:

removes mouse acceleration completely and made me stop doing random friggen 1080 spins.

Wow. I never used to have an issue with this, but for some reason it’s been bothering me for the past year or so. I’ll see if this fixes my issue… Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaPCNg7J_ts&t=0m13s

• I don’t recall having mouse problems after my mouse tweaks. If it helps here is my video on tube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtcoYeLnBk4

• thank you loin and the others. im going to test both of the suggestions, because I dont like fast or accelerated mouse movement. the mouse sensitivity while swinging is ok, but it does not seem consistent overall and im having some problems with 360degree swinging (or how far it is possible to the max). as a fps gamer i want the most direct and non accelerated mouse movement possible.

may I ask, with what sensitivity values you folks are playing??

• ok the first changes i did were those posted as code. i dont think they made any difference it still feels like theres accel in looking around, cant say exactly for weapon movements though. gonna have to try those at the end of Loin’s video too.

• You do realize that during a swing, turn speeds are decreases on purpose for two reasons. One is to stop helicopter spin attacks and the other was to limit the degree radius and speed that most swings have. Thus you are barely able to do a full 360 swing with most weapons. 180 degrees is really preferable and even some weapons have problems reaching that accurately with overheads. What you will find though is that normal turning is still fast and smooth. How most are achieving a 360 attack is turning around first then attacking, thus giving the appearance of a 360 swing but in reality they are turning 180 with their back too you, then starting the swing while looking back.

But if you still think that mouse acceleration is still an issue then I posted some mouse tweaks on the Kila Forums here: http://kilas.enjin.com/home/m/383971/viewthread/5074566-pro-mouse-optimization-for-better-accuracy

• @Xylvion:

ViewAccel_RampSpeed=0f
    ViewAccel_Twitchy=0f

whoa whoa whoa, go back. Are you saying this will rid me of the instances where my mouse turncap ceases to exist will cease? Like in that video somoene posted. Your attacks are supposed to turncap when you swing or while a parry is active, and sometimes i’ll lose my turncap on swings and on parries and just completely miss a parry because i’m now looking behind me.

Does this fix that? WUT?

• @50ShadesofClay:

whoa whoa whoa, go back. Are you saying this will rid me of the instances where my mouse turncap ceases to exist will cease? Like in that video somoene posted. Your attacks are supposed to turncap when you swing or while a parry is active, and sometimes i’ll lose my turncap on swings and on parries and just completely miss a parry because i’m now looking behind me.

Does this fix that? WUT?

It works for me, so I guess the answer is Yes.

• I tried that code and I didn’t really see a difference other than it messed with my sensitivity and reversed my mouse invert.

• Ofcourse it will mess with your sensitivity.

• @Retsnom:

I tried that code and I didn’t really see a difference other than it messed with my sensitivity and reversed my mouse invert.

The difference is that you won’t do 720degree turns any more.

• @Xylvion:

Ofcourse it will mess with your sensitivity.

Do you know how it messes? I’m trying your fix now man, thanks! I’ll see if I notice differences and what differences.

I ask you, because for example, I use sensitivity X, after your fix should I increase or decrease the sensitivity to make it feel like X?

I tested it quickly and couldn’t note sensitivity difference.

• @Vanguard:

Do you know how it messes? I’m trying your fix now man, thanks! I’ll see if I notice differences and what differences.

I ask you, because for example, I use sensitivity X, after your fix should I increase or decrease the sensitivity to make it feel like X?

I tested it quickly and couldn’t note sensitivity difference.

When I used 145 fov I had to decrease my sensitivity from 100->80 to make it feel similar. After I had reinstalled the game I first kept it at 80, but once I made this fix again I had to increase the sensitivity to 105. I guess it all depends on the area for your mouse, what you’re used to and your FOV. I use 120 FOV now.