How come chivalry doesnt have this?

• In AOC you can check a bunch of cool stats like in TF2, it would be really neat to have this in Chiv or at least Chiv 2 :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zombojoe/stats/AgeOfChivalry?tab=stats

• I know they didn’t have a studio and everything, but when you look at things like this, you start to think TB became less competent between AoC and MW.

• Aren’t those stats only for source games? Maybe that’s the reason.

• @lemonater47:

Aren’t those stats only for source games? Maybe that’s the reason.

That’s probably it, not less competent, just less already-existing stuff to piggyback off of.

• @lemonater47:

Aren’t those stats only for source games? Maybe that’s the reason.

UM…. NO. Stats can be created in UDK scripting very easily and logged on the servers. The devs just didn’t put as much effort into the stats system. It is severely lacking.

• I prefer having no stats; there’s less incentive to worry about K/D and more incentive to play to win.

• KD doesn’t really matter because of how the scoring goes. I win a ton of matches with the most kills but I will also out score in deaths as well. I think the point would be tracking individual weapons, classes, objective scores and the like. For a clan that is “all pro” it would give information on recruits that are just all about the kills or someone who sacrifices to get the objectives done. Besides that from a server point of view, servers could welcome back players and rank them on there server as well as better remove tkers. So many features that could be in game that were in AOC is sadly missing.

• Well rets, that’s just because Valve is a far superior developer to other mortal companies, and their source engine is just stomping on Unreal Engine 3 in EVERY. SINGLE. CATEGORY.

• well you would have to do a real honest comparison analysis. Considering how old and innovative the HL2 was you can clearly see that for it’s time and even today had produced far more games than UDK. UDK just makes them look pretty, is just now doing what the HL2 engine was doing 10 years ago and it takes solid designers to really take full advantage of the UDK engine which only the top companies do.

I would love to see an HL3 engine. But from a hosting server stand point, I would take an HL2 engine game over UDK any day for ease of install, administration options, shit tons of server mods, stats, remote admin, plugins and well refined process. As far as editing, while Hammer was slow and clunky, it was fairly easy to learn and use where as the UDK editor, you need a freaking degree or shit tons of hours learning. I have worked in both and you could build almost everything in the source engine in UDK you need a 3d design program, programmers, kismet programmers and so much more. But that is just my humble opinion.

• @Oy:

Well rets, that’s just because Valve is a far superior developer to other mortal companies, and their source engine is just stomping on Unreal Engine 3 in EVERY. SINGLE. CATEGORY.

Valve owns steam and owns source.

So they might be a little biased when t comes to having game stats on steam with the source engine. It’s kinda cheating really.

And if if you do a full engine comparison you’d probably find that the unreal engine is superior overall. And I mean overall Including potential.

• @lemonater47:

Valve owns steam and owns source.

So they might be a little biased when t comes to having game stats on steam with the source engine. It’s kinda cheating really.

And if if you do a full engine comparison you’d probably find that the unreal engine is superior overall. And I mean overall Including potential.

The stats stuff is also part of the steamworks API though.