Wrongly Banned

• I was the victim of racial prejudice and I got banned for this. An Admin promptly came in, announced that someone had been using racial profanities towards MY own race and I didn’t notice it for that entire round. I wasn’t sure if he was too serious as I checked the logs and immediately got tired of scrolling up a long list of people leaving the game after a FFA. So, I asked plain and simply for an abridged version of what happened and after a long issue of NOTHING, someone who wasn’t an admin told me that a colleague of mine said “******” (referred beyond this point as N-Word, due to it’s offensive nature to myself and it generally being against the rules on servers).

That being said, I let slip the fact that I happen to be African-American and one user promptly called me an N-Word right then and there. I retort back insulting his mother, he says it again, and I tell him he really shouldn’t say N-Word with an admin here (of course I flat out said it, being a tad frustrated at the time by the Admin’s then idleness).

However, right after he said that I and this gentleman were to be banned for using the N-Word with a warning. The thing is, he didn’t leave a warning. Was his entry supposed to be a warning? He didn’t exactly say “Anyone who uses this word will get banned.” He didn’t lay down the rules, he didn’t enforce the laws of the server when he should have, and when he finally did he punished a victim as well.

Now, I fully understand that the word is banned, but I feel the circumstances where he remained idle for most of the dialogue concerning myself being referred BLATANTLY WITHOUT CRITICAL RESPONSE suggested he didn’t much care for my blight.

It’s difficult to make someone understand what a single word can mean. In other games, these instances often provoke mitigated punishments, and in this case each party would have a separate punishment. I didn’t want him banned from that specific server, I just wanted some reinforcement. Is there reinforcement? No, only power and the ignorance that comes with it.

So, tell me if I’m wrong. Was his presence supposed to be a warning, because after the 4th time the word was dropped, I was quite certain it wasn’t. Was the fellow players I was with supposed to be the ones issuing this warning? If so, why? It’s the Admin’s job to say “Enough!” rather than ban immediately. There is no say, no prevention, no ceasing, no justice. If this is how all your admins act, then my faith in the servers are lacking.

The name of this gentleman was =SM= MonkeyFiendTM. If this post gets looked over, so be it. I doubt I’ll go back to that server to begin with (being in a completely different country), but I’d rather not bump into this issue again in the nearby future.

• If you’re going to name a race you should consider Asian or Caucasian, they won’t get you into any trouble at all, yet the third major race is an insult. This is in my opinion racist, why am I not allowed to even name one of them? There’s no reason.

• @Xylvion:

If you’re going to name a race you should consider Asian or Caucasian, they won’t get you into any trouble at all, yet the third major race is an insult. This is in my opinion racist, why am I not allowed to even name one of them? There’s no reason.

I’m pretty sure the slurs for Latinos and Orientals are covered by the rules too. Possibly Caucasian, but I’m not sure. Again, the Admin didn’t exactly go into detail about anything.

• Apparently mods don’t like warning before banning because “Most warnings go unheeded.” so you might as well get used to it.
    “Discussing” mod decisions is against rules too so RIP this thread I guess.

There are no warnings, his presence wasn’t supposed to be a warning.

• @Kreittis:

Apparently mods don’t like warning before banning because “Most warnings go unheeded.” so you might as well get used to it.
    “Discussing” mod decisions is against rules too so RIP this thread I guess.

There are no warnings, his presence wasn’t supposed to be a warning.

But people get banned for racial slurs like “Wazzap my caucasian brother,” because it sounds very racist. Doesn’t matter that I and my friend are caucasian, or only my friend, it’s still racist for some reason.

• @Kreittis:

Apparently mods don’t like warning before banning because “Most warnings go unheeded.”

Simply untrue. I always warn before banning. However, that post is just a truth of the matter. I warn the individual, log in as admin to indicate that I am an actual admin, and get vitriol fired my way (usually in the form of the offense warned about). Don’t take that as no one gets a warning.

If you were permanently banned you may appeal here: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/15346-Ban-Appeals
    If you wish to discuss the moderators decision you may email contact@tornbanner.com
    This thread will be closed.