Classic 8 edge mace

• Classical mace with long edges to increase the strike force. =)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=407618072

• Honestly, that looks more like a shortened wide bar mace, looks awesome but needs a more polished and refined look to it.

• This mace is made by analogy with maces early 15th century. Is a transitional period between the wooden club and later a mace, such as the standard of the game. As for elegance, I heard that the community is interested in some historical authenticity skin weapons

• Well, we sure love us some historical authenticity, but this mace looks kind of fat and heavy. I dunno, could you show me some pictures you used for reference/inspiration to convince me? :)
    I mean, there are these things but they are longer and more slender:

• These maces were common in eastern Europe, including the territory of European Russia. In Russian this mace is called ‘‘палица’’. Here’s one for references. As the basis of my mace is middle mace. You can also see mace what you show me=)

• @Pernach:

These maces were common in eastern Europe, including the territory of European Russia. In Russian this mace is called ‘‘палица’’. Here’s one for references. As the basis of my mace is middle mace. You can also see mace what you show me=)

Looks pretty close but I think your version needs a more rugged, crude, and imperfect look to the flanges, if you’re going for authenticity that is, notice how the flanges in the picture aren’t straight and are the same width all the way to the bottom? Also the flat surfaces in the pictured mace has a cast look to it, like it was cast, wrapped and sent on it’s way. Your’s somewhat looks like the Bar Mace at the bottom. Of course if you like the look then that’s your decision :)

• The mace in the middle of that picture looks like it’s made out of foam, you know like what the LARP’ers use. Since the flanges are thick for a mace and the metal has a weird shine.

If you want to keep the length of your model, I still suggest you do make it slimmer.

EDIT: I just googled “LARP mace” and this showed up:

• Thx for you feedback, but i like my skin, as for me, it look strong and massive. Mb later I make another skin for mace, which is more standard and recognizable =)