Frequent DDoS attacks from same person - Help!

• Hi TornBanner Studios

Me and a friend of mine are renting a server from a company called SimRai Hosting. Today we decided to have a friendly match between clanmates in the server so we passworded it. After some time playing a person who calls himself “Rick Grimes” (most of the time) asked if he could join the server. This person is known for being toxic, hacking and DDoSing, so we didn’t give him the server password. He then replied that he would take down our server and then shortly after the server crashed (14-03-2015, 21:36 GMT). This is not the first time Rick crashes a server. I know of atleast 3 other incidents where he has done so, simply because he was kicked of the server or refused access. This is the second time that he specifically crashes our server, the first one being during a clanbattle where he decided to crash it because we kicked him off.

This is a steam conversation between Rick and a clanmate, after the servercrash.
    http://gyazo.com/57a2748ef03b44ee6baf1e477adfaeb9

I know it’s not evidence enough but you can see his toxic personality in that picture.

And here is a link to his steamprofile
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/xaxaxaxaxxxax

This guy has also been VAC banned several times for hacking. Each time he gets VAC banned he just gets a new account and buys the game again.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070166518
    here is one of his old accounts. Vac banned.

I really hope you can do something about this guy. It’s impossible to have a private clanmatch without him joining. When he is allowed in he badmouths people in the server, sometimes joins a team and harasses people.

Thanks in advance,
    Noob-in-Pyjamas

• He’s just so toxic. Me and many others have spotted him hacking doing all that shady stuff. I know of these DDoS attacks (or Stressing) because I was there when he did them. He’s crashed 3 servers I’m aware of, possible more. One of them was during the middle of a Clanwar (which was going along well.) We had to relocate servers and let Rick join us, in case we wanted to be crashed again. So, he joined, messed up the teams, talked abuse in chat to all members, etc. If this guy doesn’t get what he wants, when he wants it, he does what every natural keyboard warrior will do, send packets to a server/person. Worst part is, he can just make an alternate and or smurf account and do this all again without actually caring about his punishment on the previous account. In my honest opinion, if he doesn’t stop soon, he should be IP banned, or it should be taken to the next level. Most notorious DDoSer and Hacker/toxic player I know; and I’ve put in nearly 2,000 hours into Deadliest and Medieval.

• He sounds like an 8 year old.

I don’t think torn banner will be able to do anything.

But you could contact SIMRAI into getting a server with a different IP address and changing the server name to something completely unrelated to the first name. Get your whole clan to block him. He will think you no longer have a server and after about a month will have forgotten the whole thing. You and your clan will know what the disguised server is and will be able to play DDOS free.

He also isn’t buying the game again. Family sharing. It’s major flaw meaning hackers are never really banned just slightly inconvenienced.

• @lemonater47:

He also isn’t buying the game again. Family sharing. It’s major flaw meaning hackers are never really banned just slightly inconvenienced.

IIRC vac bans are transferred with family sharing, meaning you still can’t play online with that particular banned game on the same library as the banned user.

If I’m wrong about that, Steam needs to get their shit straight quick.

• @Rickvs:

IIRC vac bans are transferred with family sharing, meaning you still can’t play online with that particular banned game on the same library as the banned user.

If I’m wrong about that, Steam needs to get their shit straight quick.

Well they may of changed it so VACs carried over. My information comes from when family sharing was first introduced.

• @lemonater47:

He sounds like an 8 year old.

Yep, but I think he is 16 or something. He is a nuisance to the entire EU cdw community.

@lemonater47:

I don’t think torn banner will be able to do anything.

Probably not, but SimRai suggested that I should create a forum topic about it.

@lemonater47:

But you could contact SIMRAI into getting a server with a different IP address and changing the server name to something completely unrelated to the first name. Get your whole clan to block him. He will think you no longer have a server and after about a month will have forgotten the whole thing. You and your clan will know what the disguised server is and will be able to play DDOS free.

Oh he will get it again somehow. During a clanbattle, someone from the other clan will tell him the server password, either to him directly or rick will put on the name of someone from the clan and act like he didnt get the password yet or something. Then he’ll join in and get the IP again. Rick is in the BL (Burning Legion) cmw clan and we talked to his clanleader who talked to Rick about all of this. Hopefully he will stop now but I really doubt it… Actually, both the leader and the co-leader had heard nothing of ricks actions until now. It seems like Rick just vents all his trolling, DDoSing and toxicity towards the CDW community and then he is a different person entirely on CMW.

@lemonater47:

Family sharing transfers VAC bans as Rickvs said.

Also, when I talked to SimRai he said that he didn’t get a DDoS alert or anything when Rick Grimes took our server down yesterday. SimRai suggested that it might be some exploit within the server software itself or something.

The first time Rick took down our server in perticular he actually said that he didn’t “DDoS” the server but he stressed it or something.

• Okay so this guy is a major asshole and not just when there is a clan battle going on but on every server he joins he has to make a mess of it, many people rage on him and yet torn banner is not doing anything, he also has some friends that do the same thing as he does.he also spams people on steam chat, one day he is a nice guy the other he want to cut your head off, idk maybe he has bipolar disorder or something

• There is actually a hack where that happens. Haven’t seen it happen in years though used to be common. Figured everyone got VAC banned for it. It was so bad that a server would crash due to someone hacking it to crash everyday. It stopped as fast as it started.

• Tbh op he can’t be that clever as being a steam member a trail will lead to his/her rl address and name. Not to mention
    payment details. After that a visit by the powers that be just to present the internet ban will suffice.

• What are TBS supposed to do, hunt him down and kill him for you?

• The way he made it sound. If it has been actual DDoS for the other folk.(Seeing as this wasn’t the first attack so I’ve been told.)
    It’s starting to sound like a Thylacine for CDW.

• @dudeface:

What are TBS supposed to do, hunt him down and kill him for you?

I do not know but I was hoping they could do something. Anything… Maybe ban him from official servers?.. I am asking here because I do not know what else to do. He is a nuisance to the entire EU CDW community. We don’t need someone like him harming the CDW community that we are trying desperately to keep. Clanactivity like clanbattles and just the existance of clans in general is what makes the community grow. If this guy keeps being toxic and DDoSing it will surely be harmful and not to mention extremely annoying. I hope you can see where I am coming from, why I am asking for help… It can’t be right that this guy is just allowed to piss all over us and crash our servers if he doesn’t get what he wants without punishment.

• His toxicity could merit a ban, but clearly he has no problem making new accounts, and it would not stop him from DDOSing your servers. It is unfortunate that you all have become the target of some obsessive sociopath. Not sure what the solution is, if there is one.

(not saying we won’t ban him because ‘there would be no point’; we’ll definitely ban if see appropriately bad behaviour inside an official server)

• I think hitmen would be a valuable investment for torn banner. You won’t have the “make another account” problem anymore.

• @dudeface:

we’ll definitely ban if see appropriately bad behaviour inside an official server)

chances of catching that - 0.001%. Anyway hard to take this thread seriously, but on the positive side lemon is closer to 10,000 junk posts.

• @gregcau:

Anyway hard to take this thread seriously

How so? I don’t remember cracking off a joke here. If the guy isn’t using DDoS but does in fact use a server software exploit of some sorts don’t you think it should get looked into?
    If this was happening to you you would take it very seriously… The guy is pretty much 70% sociopath and 30% megalomaniac… When he isn’t giving people shit in general or crashing servers he is braggin about how he is the best at the game and how everyone else is terrible. He thinks himself of some sort of god…

EDIT:
    @dudeface:

we’ll definitely ban if see appropriately bad behaviour inside an official server

By the way can someone from the moderator team from time to time check if people are being knobs in the official servers of Deadliest Warrior? I haven’t ever seen an official moderator or admin in the game and I have pretty much 450+ hours logged in Deadliest Warrior specifically. Or is there anyone from the team I can add on steam who I can contact in case Rick or someone else is pissing about again?

• @Noob-in-Pyjamas:

By the way can someone from the moderator team from time to time check if people are being knobs in the official servers of Deadliest Warrior? I haven’t ever seen an official moderator or admin in the game and I have pretty much 450+ hours logged in Deadliest Warrior specifically. Or is there anyone from the team I can add on steam who I can contact in case Rick or someone else is pissing about again?

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivserveradmin#members
    Moderators of that group are the Chiv admins. Check if anyone is in the group chat too. I try to be in there when I am specifically available. But you can also add the admins to your friends and msg them directly.

• Just perma ban they guy and if you got a chance to score his IP address, ban that too.