Remove 1 archer limit on Mercs mod scrims?

• Mod

50% rule.

Why? Because with the new balance if you’re playing 6v6 vs 3 archers that team will lose unless they have skills, zombo, and anstii on the same team.

• I vote for one archer limit. The reason is that highly skilled archers are the toughest players to find, and if one team chooses to go two or three archers because they happen to have been able to recruit 2-3 that are good enough to play the class, and their opponent has only one on their team then it’s not balanced. The imbalance isn’t because the 2nd team isn’t good enough, but because there aren’t enough good archers in the game overall to go around for everyone to have the option to run 2-3 to counter the first teams archers.

And LTS with a bunch of archers is pretty annoying because as stated the archers determine the outcome of the match most of the time and just shoot it out while everyone else sits back and waits.

This is also why I think a LTS melee only league or tourney would be super fun. That way we could focus solely on team combat strategy and mechanics, something that TO and LTS with archery doesn’t allow.

• i only argee limiting archers if they move javs to a diff class, javs arent like the rest of archers so it should be in a class all itself

• I think that double archer is not too bad, especially if one is going javelin and the other one bow/crossbow. Archers are not OP in competitive anymore after mercs 1.6 so I don’t think it’s much of an issue.

• Flexibility is the key here. Why not simply up the team sizes to 7. Two Archers per side might be ok in that situation.
    This old 5v5 stuff in fps scrims is an old outdated format imo.

• back when ppl played 8v8 having more than 2 archers on your team would basically cause you to lose, you need the melee to be able to hold the line

i honestly dont see the imbalance, i for one loved going 1v2 in archer shootouts, it was so fun killing both the archers in 1 push

• Voted 2 archer limit because 3 archers on defending stones king obj was and always will be broken regardless of the nerfs.

• @gregcau:

Lemon voted 50% rule, but doesnt play competitive lol. Ok fine I voted 1 archer limit because I hate archers. Maybe I should join a clan (with gamer girls).

Do you play competitive?

• I personally think 50% rule is a great idea because I would love to see teams attempting hold any variety of melee push from a good team with two-three less nerds in melee. Next scrim I’ma bring dis up.

• @zombojoe:

back when ppl played 8v8 having more than 2 archers on your team would basically cause you to lose, you need the melee to be able to hold the line

i honestly dont see the imbalance, i for one loved going 1v2 in archer shootouts, it was so fun killing both the archers in 1 push

I haven’t played a scrim yet (I’m new to competitive), but I do believe that here in Brazil most of them are 8x8. I really, REALLY hope we adopt Mercs as official way to play this game competitively.