Should MERC changes be taken and moved into live.

• @Karasu:

This is just false. Also, afaik the balance council has been working to rebalance feints and nerf the most offending reverses. So everything you just said doesn’t really apply to anything at all actually.

Not at all. A normal member of that site does not have access to that thread , a few others have told me this

Oops, there was an error!You do not have permission to access this board

Are we to assume your a member of that site run by crushed infact? Are you incognito ?

• @loin:

Not at all. A normal member of that site does not have access to that thread , a few others have told me this
    Are we to assume your a member a that site run by crushed infact? Are you incognito ?

The site is locked to only members of the balance council for discussing private details of the mod. We don’t want details of the mod to be released before we’re even certain that they will be in the final version. Details being leaked will just cause mass hysteria and controversy, when they might not even make it into the game. This thread is the very result of an individual’s thoughtlessness. Who asks whether or not a mod, that isn’t even half-baked, get put into live? Close this thread, it’s pointless to ask such a dumb question at this stage of the mod’s development. There is a mercs mod thread on this forum, you can play the mod and give your feedback there, or in a number of other ways.

Those of you who choose to discuss the mod on this forum need to realize that Mercs, in it’s current form, and all other forms to date, are just test builds. Nothing is certain and constructive feedback is always welcome.

• @parkrangerstan:

The site is locked to only members of the balance council for discussing private details of the mod. We don’t want details of the mod to be released before we’re even certain that they will be in the final version. Details being leaked will just cause mass hysteria and controversy, when they might not even make it into the game. This thread is the very result of an individual’s thoughtlessness. Who asks whether or not a mod, that isn’t even half-baked, get put into live? Close this thread, it’s pointless to ask such a dumb question at this stage of the mod’s development. There is a mercs mod thread on this forum, you can play the mod and give your feedback that there, or a number of other ways.

Those of you who choose to discuss the mod on this forum need to realize that Mercs, in it’s current form, and all other forms to date, are just test builds. Nothing is certain and constructive feedback is always welcome.

Oh I thought they were talking about the thread on the forums. Ya I mean it’s their right to talk in private so whatevs.

E Pluribus Unum, please stop making posts that don’t contribute to the thread at all. The constant trolling became old a long time ago.

• Let devs do their thing. Balance the game, that is.
    Mod mixing up whole mechanics should be left as a mod for people liking it, not for every player.

• @S0ldier:

Let devs do their thing. Balance the game, that is.
    Mod mixing up whole mechanics should be left as a mod for people liking it, not for every player.

Well that’s the thing. They’re not balancing the game anymore.

• @Karasu:

Well that’s the thing. They’re not balancing the game anymore.

because the game is balanced

• @S0ldier:

Let devs do their thing. Balance the game, that is.

But its not a simple mod, its a improvement in every possible way to the game, why not make it official?

• @Vanguard:

But its not a simple mod, its a improvement in every possible way to the game, why not make it official?

“Improvement” is a relative term. Depends what perspective you have.

• @lemonater47:

“Improvement” is a relative term. Depends what perspective you have.

I know that, and Mercs is a improvement to every aspect of this game’s gameplay, I don’t know how people still can’t see this. Also, they are trying to fix one of the most fucked up things in this game: extreme b0ckswings and fake-outs. They are going to add Clashing, they are fixing archers, I mean… If this all are not improvements, I really don’t know what improvement is

• @Vanguard:

I know that, and Mercs is a improvement to every aspect of this game’s gameplay, I don’t know how people still can’t see this. Also, they are trying to fix one of the most fucked up things in this game: extreme b0ckswings and fake-outs. They are going to add Clashing, they are fixing archers, I mean… If this all are not improvements, I really don’t know what improvement is

Alot of what you mentioned is in the works but is not out yet. There can’t be a vote on if the addition should be made if all the points on why it’s better is only in theory and not in the mod yet.

As for balance that is completely dependent on perspective. Not everybody feels that more 1 shot knight weapons is an improvement.

• the biggest improvement in mercs is the hp regen and adrenalin

• @AmishInsurgent:

As for balance that is completely dependent on perspective. Not everybody feels that more 1 shot knight weapons is an improvement.

^This, I don’t like the weapon balance in mercs at all, the mechanics? Sure a majority of them are great, they will work even better with the new tick system as well.

• This merc’s thing does seem to be a Euro Thing no? Why not organise a tournament for as many EU clans as possible?
    They will then perhaps like this mod after this introduction to it in this manner. Many EU players have never heard of it.
    Look at this fine example below of how to run such an event , with tables etc. The problem is not the mod but EU
    clan scene looks quite dead to me tbh. Prove us wrong. Your mod could become the adopted EU mod for all scrims

TI2: The Chivitational
    NA 6v6 Team Objective Tournament
    April 11th - 12th, 2015
    Hosted by HeightofAbsurdity, Spook, Karasu and Simon Exile

• Doesn’t seem to be in the current EU tourny.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TPLTO5v5

• mercs adds more problems than it fixes tbh

• @loin:

This merc’s thing does seem to be a Euro Thing no? Why not organise a tournament for as many EU clans as possible?
    They will then perhaps like this mod after this introduction to it in this manner. Many EU players have never heard of it.
    Look at this fine example below of how to run such an event , with tables etc. The problem is not the mod but EU
    clan scene looks quite dead to me tbh. Prove us wrong. Your mod could become the adopted EU mod for all scrims

Mercs is more of an NA thing. While it was made by Crushed, the entirety of the balance council consists of NA members except for him. All of the NA clans have followed suit as well by scrimming and playing in tournaments on mercs.

• Thank you Mr karasu tbh. Who knows it might become the osp version of Chivalry. (q3 osp used for ctf/scrim leagues)
    At least the usa/clans keep us in the picture, you know getting Information out of a bloated vip EU player at the top
    of some mountain of elitists with the aromatic wiff of crispy duck , never happens. I am moving to the usa tbh

• @Vanguard:

Well the weapon balance in mercs currently is really whack lol. Why use anything other than a 1 hander.

• @lemonater47:

Well the weapon balance in mercs currently is really whack lol. Why use anything other than a 1 hander.

flange mace is stronk

• Idk we were getting fucked on by gmace reverse lmb ripostes in the tourney but I legitimately though that was fine. Why are we so close to a goddam gmace anyways? Because we’re bad.

That’s why.

Mercs Live Whenplz.