Help with griefer & apathetic admin

• I am new to this site and not familiar with policy. I did read a lengthy thread about it but I don’t know how to find the “Official Admin Group Chat” thing it mentions. I wanted to report a problem I had on an Official server tonight. I’ll try to keep it short but if anyone has questions or need more detail please let me know. I want to know how to resolve this.

So it started with some guy named SittingDuckz. He was following me around for some reason (I honestly have no idea I’ve never seen him before ever) and starts kicking me. Being on the same team I thought it weird and told him to stop. He continued to follow me around spamming the built-in audio message taunts and occasionally pinning me into spots on the map that were hard to get out, like corners. He would occasionally kick me. I kicked him back hoping he would get the message but he didn’t. It only made him try harder to get under my skin so he kept doing it. The next map he was on my team again and started where he left off. I would occasionally fight back but mostly I just wanted to play the game so I tried ignoring him hoping he just wouldn’t find me. Anyway to get to the point, this went on for a maybe 15 minutes and I started losing my cool and yelled at him a few times. I don’t recall what I said but it probably had some vulgarities in it (no rasicm, I’m not that type of person). Probably a few F-bombs though. I attempted to votekick him and explained in chat the reason but not enough people voted ‘yes’ so he got to stay. Fortunately for me there was an Admin online playing at the time named ‘eq Unborn’ so I asked for help. He had some buddies on tonight that were also in eq (I think one was named MassDebates) and was mostly conversing with them. He seemed oblivious to my pleas and was wondering why I was so mad. I explained it to him and he completely ignored me. I don’t know if he was trying to be cool in front of his friends or if he was ‘off-duty’ or something but I wasn’t pleased about it and said some more choice words for being completely unsupported (again, no racism just typical cursing). Other people in the server were joining the ‘eq’ folks and giving me a hard time for doing things the right way and trying to report a griefer to an admin. Finally the other ‘eq’ guy initiated a votekick against me and it succeeded, probably because people were tired of listening to me complain in chat. While I admit I played a part in the escalation of this issue I feel I was treated extremely unfairly by one player and an administrator (and his friend). I don’t know the proper channel for help, so here I am. Thanks.

-Bender

• I usually know when there’s another side of the story but I don’t see a way unborn can explain his way out of this one.

• Obvious troll is obvious… Dont fall for the bait guys.

• @Frodiziak:

Obvious troll is obvious… Dont fall for the bait guys.

But are you sure though? Looks convincing enough to me. Guy got abused, got mad, admin ignored it all and he got votekicked for being mad by the players.

• Confirming that SittingDuckz is a troll like that. Goes around being annoying in servers all the time.

• SittingDuckz is pretty annoying player but he’s mostly harmless from what I’ve seen. Kicks teammates sometimes and runs around with fists and spams voice taunts. Don’t see how this is too much different from most other players.

• Exit game, click Join Game, find a different server, play and enjoy. Would you like me to hold your hand next time?

• Hi Bender,

I’m Unborn - I’m hoping I can clear up a few things for you and everyone else. I do apologize for not looking closer before at the situation at the time

I hadn’t been looking closely at chat until I noticed a lot of the ‘yelling’ as you put it, just more heated talking. Only when people were typing in caps saying they were going to start teamkilling did I really notice and begin speaking up, I told Duckz himself to stop a few times, asked questions, and I recommended you switch to the other team; this obviously wasn’t a perfect solution but it was my understanding that he was just following you with voice commands and kicked you once. Voice command spam isn’t something against the rules nor something I would act on.

I again apologize for not looking closer if this was a wrong assumption, I spectated him for a few (~5) minutes and there wasn’t anything unusual that I had seen other than him using a lot of voice commands. (z4 when going for archers, etc) I did what I could just in chat to try to dissolve the situation and calm people down once you guys got a little more heated

I believe you got votekicked after tking someone and it passed with ~30% tk. Again I am sorry, this was obviously unfair and I hadn’t seen anything while I was personally watching out in-game and in spectator for some time, or from other people speaking up so I couldn’t act on it with the best faith that I was in the right. I will keep my eye out in the future to make sure I can assist in these situations.

• Thank you for the post unborn, you didn’t have to do that but it goes a long way with me. In hindsight after cooling off I was being overly sensitive due to some stuff going on at home and I shouldn’t have let the troll get to me like I did. You are probably also correct about the kick partially having to do with 30% team damage, due to an unfortunate swing with the giant vanguard sword. That damage was against someone different and purely accidental but probably contributed to the yes votes due to the timing. I’m sorry for being rude to you and hope you will accept my apology. I look forward to seeing you in the servers again.

-Bender

• @B3nder:

Thank you for the post unborn, you didn’t have to do that but it goes a long way with me. In hindsight after cooling off I was being overly sensitive due to some stuff going on at home and I shouldn’t have let the troll get to me like I did. You are probably also correct about the kick partially having to do with 30% team damage, due to an unfortunate swing with the giant vanguard sword. That damage was against someone different and purely accidental but probably contributed to the yes votes due to the timing. I’m sorry for being rude to you and hope you will accept my apology. I look forward to seeing you in the servers again.

-Bender

30% Team damage translates into something like 50% of your hits hitting team mates, not great is it?

• @gndo:

30% Team damage translates into something like 50% of your hits hitting team mates, not great is it?

^This is correct.

• I typically just signal a vote-kick on people like that and say in chat “kicking people repeatedly, being a dick, etc” or something along those lines. If it passes, sweet. If it doesn’t, I typically try to switch teams or I leave the server and find another. Not exactly a perfect solution, but you’ve gotta work with what you’ve got.

• @Retsnom:

Exit game, click Join Game, find a different server, play and enjoy. Would you like me to hold your hand next time?

The problem is, Chivalry is dead. There is basically only 1 populated server at most times.

• @brewergamer:

The problem is, Chivalry is dead. There is basically only 1 populated server at most times.

But it isn’t though. I know games with even less players where it’s still easy to find a full game.

• Most of the trolls know the admins or are in the clans of the admins so not much can be done.

• @brewergamer:

Where in Antarctica? Seriously? Then hop on an empty server for about 10-20 mins, exploring the map and or voting for a popular map or even load Crypts and play that for a bit till players join. It doesn’t take long to get a server going. I do this when my server is dead. Some times I load bots other times I will load crypts to get me warmed up and by the time I am half way in players join. Also make friends and invite them to play with you on an empty server and play the maps you want too.

• @gregcau:

Most of the trolls know the admins or are in the clans of the admins so not much can be done.

lol this is just false. I understand you don’t like clans, but let’s not get carried away.

• I like how you think it’s necessary to assure people you didn’t say anything racist when you were yelling.

• I know this happened a while ago, but I just read this now. I had no intentions on trolling you or having you kicked from the server. But I also didn’t follow you around. It just seemed that way because the cart was right in front of our spawn so we kept running into each other. I did kick you a few times after reading the chat. And I apologize that you felt I was trolling you. Hopefully next time we run into each other it will be a better experience! Also yes, I use the voice commands way more than I probably should, they make the game much more enjoyable.

• @SittingDuck:

I know this happened a while ago, but I just read this now. I had no intentions on trolling you or having you kicked from the server. But I also didn’t follow you around. It just seemed that way because the cart was right in front of our spawn so we kept running into each other. I did kick you a few times after reading the chat. And I apologize that you felt I was trolling you. Hopefully next time we run into each other it will be a better experience! Also yes, I use the voice commands way more than I probably should, they make the game much more enjoyable.

Trolling is a word thrown around too much and interpreted by people in many different ways.

What you were doing however was annoying him and making the game no fun for him. There’s no denying that.

Running around kicking people you actually know and generally messing about with them is fine. Doing it to complete strangers isn’t. If they don’t like it stop. There’s no gain in it for anyone. You’re just pissing somebody off.