See kick coming, stop blocking, get stunned anyways. Almost every single time…

• You are only supposed to be stunned when ACTIVELY blocking. As in, still holding the shield up. Yet this isn’t working as designed 90% of the time.

I see kick coming from a mile away, stop blocking, shield isn’t even up anymore, kick lands, stunned.

It’s not a ping discrepancy either, happens when we both have low 30’ish ping.

Devs…fix?

• I dunno, I’ve never ever seen this happen.

• Do you regularly use a shield?

• TBS changed the kick conditions from Holding your shield up to; having your shield up, and being in the raise/lower animation with shields (it can be pretty long duration with a tower shield) so if you dont react immediately its very difficult not to get kicked with the slower shields.

• Why would you have your shield up if there’s no attacks incoming though?

• what if youre fighting a claymore?

• Still looks like he was Turtling and got kicked to me.

• @lemonater47:

Still looks like he was Turtling and got kicked to me.

Oh really - where did you “look” and “see” that?

There you go lemon I help you out since there are few threads nowadays you only have 262 left.

• @gregcau:

Oh really - where did you “look” and “see” that?

There you go lemon I help you out since there are few threads nowadays you only have 262 left.

I saw the text??

Greg the hypocrite strikes again.

• @zombojoe:

TBS changed the kick conditions from Holding your shield up to; having your shield up, and being in the raise/lower animation with shields (it can be pretty long duration with a tower shield) so if you dont react immediately its very difficult not to get kicked with the slower shields.

Okay, so that is the discrepancy then. It is SUPPOSED to still stun you.

I’m not a fan of this mechanic whatsoever. I think it should only stun you if you are ACTIVELY blocking. The way it works now:

Someone stabs, you block with shield, they feint stab into a kick instead, you see them doing that and drop your shield, but the kick still stuns you anyways since you were still “in the act of lowering your shield”.

Obviously only skilled players do stab/feint/kick, but when they do, you get stunned almost every time, even if you see it coming. Player skill on the defensive side is taken out of the equation.

Should only stun you if you don’t see it coming, or don’t react in time and are still holding your shield up. Not when you see it coming from a mile away, but get stunned for your efforts anyways.

• So basically if you misread a feint and raise your shield you shouldn’t get punished? top logic.

• @Xylvion:

So basically if you misread a feint and raise your shield you shouldn’t get punished? top logic.

It is obvious you aren’t even reading what I said.

They stab, you put your shield up to block the stab. Then they feint and kick instead. Even if you see them do the feint and immediately stop blocking, it often doesn’t matter, you still get stunned because you are “in the act of lowering your shield”.

Read first, then comment.

• if you dont have amazing ping the window of reacting to the feint is too small with shields, you’ll react correct and still get stunned due still being in the process of lowering your shield

shields in general suck anyway i dont see the point of them getting nerfed to they way they are atm

• @zombojoe:

if you dont have amazing ping the window of reacting to the feint is too small with shields, you’ll react correct and still get stunned due still being in the process of lowering your shield

shields in general suck anyway i dont see the point of them getting nerfed to they way they are atm

Exactly my point, thank you.

If you’re still holding your shield up when they kick you, you should get stunned.
    If you drop your shield before they kick you, you should not get stunned.

Seems pretty damn simple to me.

• @Disaster:

Player skill on the defensive side is taken out of the equation.

Maybe, but now you improve your feint reading skills instead.

• Yes most people can lower their shields in time. I barely use shields but when I feint to kick against skill players they generally lower their shield in time. Even with tower.

• @gndo:

Maybe, but now you improve your feint reading skills instead.

See comment above about reading, then commenting. Has absolutely nothing to do with “reading feints”.

It’s all about the game mechanic “act of lowering your shield”. All it does is make you get stunned when you are no longer EVEN BLOCKING.

This mechanic should not exist. There is no “act of raising your shield” mechanic. You can raise your shield 1/100th of a second before an attack lands, and still block it with your shield.

• I think we’ve all read what you’ve typed and it is about reading feints, you hold the shield up before he feints, if you could read feints you wouldn’t have raised the shield at all.

• @Xylvion:

I think we’ve all read what you’ve typed and it is about reading feints, you hold the shield up before he feints, if you could read feints you wouldn’t have raised the shield at all.

To be fair though, Shields should be the go-to tool for not having to read feints at all. Some sort of feintspam counter.

You know, just like they’re the ultimate Archer counter. Hue.

• @Xylvion:

I think we’ve all read what you’ve typed and it is about reading feints, you hold the shield up before he feints, if you could read feints you wouldn’t have raised the shield at all.

I don’t understand what you are talking about. I have a feeling that you guys simply don’t like shield users, don’t use shields, and don’t care whether they get stunned or not. You are simply biased, and don’t care if something doesn’t make sense, or is unfair, as long as it works in your favor.

If he feints at the last second of a stab, and you immediately drop your shield that exact nanosecond, you will still often get stunned by the kick when it lands, because you are “still in the process of lowering your shield”. Not every time, but often enough.

It should be simple:
    Actively blocking, stunned.
    Not actively blocking, not stunned.

This “act of lowering your shield” is a mechanic that needs to be removed.