Weapons

• Flail, that is all.

• I’d also like more crossover in weapon choices. I’d love to be a vanguard with the Knight’s two-handed battle axe, sprinting leap-attacking people with a huge downward strike.

And yes a flail would be pretty sweet. From a balancing standpoint: it’d be particularly awesome against shields, and maybe even against blocking in general, since the chain might hit the shield or be parried but the head would just keep going. But you have to swing it around a lot to get a good hit going, so it’s a pretty obvious weapon to see coming at you, and eats up a whole bunch of stamina.

• @Darlos9D:

And yes a flail would be pretty sweet. From a balancing standpoint: it’d be particularly awesome against shields, and maybe even against blocking in general, since the chain might hit the shield or be parried but the head would just keep going. But you have to swing it around a lot to get a good hit going, so it’s a pretty obvious weapon to see coming at you, and eats up a whole bunch of stamina.

They would also have to make it really slow. but that would be a pretty awesome way to get around someones shield.

• The Flail is confirmed as an upcoming weapon. Others that were mentioned as possibilities were a Sling and a Quarterstaff.

• @SlyGoat:

The Flail is confirmed as an upcoming weapon. Others that were mentioned as possibilities were a Sling and a Quarterstaff.

A quarterstaff would be very fun… Wouldn’t the sling be really difficult to use effectively? Unless the developers don’t focus on the realism of using one.

• I’d imagine a sling functioning similar to longer ranged throwing knives.

And I am an advocate of the Falx Sword as a MAA exclusive weapon. A dane axe ranged sword with a special ability to pull enemies closer to you on a certain attack. Useless at stabbing, but strong slashes.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2iv17hs.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/falx … 04_527.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … 4/Falx.png

• Falx is an ancient weapon Dacians used, I dont think they used that as a weapon back in the medieval era

• Pike, pike, pike.

• Thats the weapon we really need. It should be slow - more so than great hammer, very long - double spear length, and medium damage. Only useful for teamwork, but thats why you have a secondary weapon, isn’t it? - yes, yes it is.

Behold the pike; long, thrusting and hot.

• Huh.

Knew about the Flail.

A sling would be interesting, many people are underestimating how lethal and stealthy a sling is and the versatility of ammunition. Oh man.

I actually suggested a staff or a quaterstaff for the archer when dev asked for ideas during a match. They didn’t take it from that I’m sure but at least I’ll get what I asked for.

Here’s something a little more “exotic”: A väkipuukko AkA Räyhäri. It’s closest to the seax in terms of look and effect.
    http://puukkosivut.net/kuvat/i/jdv1203237686o.jpg
    http://suomenmuseotonline.fi/fi/kuva/Ar … o/p444.jpg

A long knife that hits like an axe but swings like a sword. Longest found specimens were 30-40 cm in length, about 3 cm wide and 0.8 cm think.
    Now that’s a knife.

Granted we already have a hunting knife and a short sword, but a little graphical or mechanical variation wouldn’t be that bad.

A pike would be interesting to use for sure.

• @SlyGoat:

The Flail is confirmed as an upcoming weapon. Others that were mentioned as possibilities were a Sling and a Quarterstaff.

SWEET!

• Personally I really hope the quarterstaff makes it in - and is available as a Man-at-Arms primary and Vanguard secondary. I think these two classes are the most fitting for it. It’d give MaA his first two-handed weapon.

Sling would also be fantastic fun for me I think, considering how much I’ve been enjoying the shortbow (conversely: I dislike the longbow so much I haven’t even unlocked the shortbow since my stats reset :( )

• Yes, the quarterstaff would be fun on MaA and it would fit the Vanguards Two-Handed weapon specialization.

Still…I’d be a good fit for an archer too.

As for the sling; think of the ammo variation. Smoke, oil, flame, powder, stone, steel, etc. Makes me giddy.

• Personally I’d love if a kukri or similar machete was put in as an archer secondary or MaA primary, even.

• Brass knuckles, please.

• @KorbentMarksman:

Personally I’d love if a kukri or similar machete was put in as an archer secondary or MaA primary, even.

Don’t know how the 2 handed version is called, but I recall it was designed kind of like an heavy axe : throw all your momentum in a slash/overhead and hope you hit because it leaves you wide open. Some were designed to split a man in half in the right hands.

I think it would be even more awesome than the kukri knife since the falchion already feels very close in its uses.

• Why was the flail taken out in the first place?

• scythe.

• @Reapergod36:

Why was the flail taken out in the first place?

It was never taken out, it just wasn’t included with the initial set of weapons because the devs want to have proper code support to make it a unique weapon, rather than just a mace on a chain.

• We need an ULFBERT !!

• I think there should be a secret one.

One you only get if you get 1000 fist kills.

A medival version of boxing-gloves that are pretty much cloth wrapped around some straw tied to your hand with some rope xD