Chivalry 2 - not a thing

• Global Moderator

@gregcau:

So you go around telling your internet friends come play Chivalry its a great first person shooter… there is no hope for you is there.

You don’t tell people that?

• @lemonater47:

You don’t tell people that?

Greg doesn’t have friends.

• @Xylvion:

Perhaps they might have some neat ideas to make it skillbased, similar to Arma, and not point and click hipfire adventure.

They could make a shooter similar to this, but first person and better combat.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEvCZByiD_k

I had no idea they had made Gunz 2. I used to play the original back in the day.

• @gndo:

I had no idea they had made Gunz 2. I used to play the original back in the day.

Heh, me too. Great times swinging a Katana around while running alongside the walls of an old mansion.

• I copy pasted that job description into google, pretty common wording I guess

• @dudeface:

Shooters are a dime a dozen. They’d be daft to make one.

Indeed. They’d be mad not make chivalry 2. With UE4 and all they’ve learned from this game it would/could be amazing. Nobody needs another shooter, it’s a flooded market where it’d have to be something REALLY special to shine through; the competition is too strong.

• @Rob_Owner:

I copy pasted that job description into google, pretty common wording I guess

Yeah, it doesn’t necessarily means that they are working on an fps in the classical sense. CMW is technically an fps, and not completely different to level design for compared to regular shooters.

CMW is kinda unique, so it wouldn’t have made too much sense to ask for experienced level designers who worked on first person melee game… The use of fps is not wrong in this context.

IMO, I think that they are working on a spiritual or not successor to CMW, they will reiterate on their multi objectives map, and hopefully expand upon it. Will we have something that resembles CMW? Probably…Will it have the same hardcore appeal, and high learning curve? I dont think so.

• A mix of magicka and chivalry would be quite neat tbh.

• Chivalry MOBA IMHO. All third-person, all hats, all the time.

• @Najo:

Chivalry 2

more like, without drags…those are what really kills the game…the ability to move ur weapon OK…but not to slow it and make it do some retarded 360 NO!

• If drags didn’t exist you wouldn’t hit people with a single attack as sidestepping would be way too easy.

• @dudeface:

Chivalry MOBA IMHO. All third-person, all hats, all the time.

The immersion would be epic!

• well, there are some first person MOBAs out there, I guess a melee one wouldn’t hurt.

• @Xylvion:

If drags didn’t exist you wouldn’t hit people with a single attack as sidestepping would be way too easy.

Definitely one of the reasons why DW sucks so bad

• Why won’t they make a chivalry 2 with ladder system, clan support and competitive scene support with tournaments is behyond me…

edit: I just read chivalry moba. Nerdgasm

• Global Moderator

@SOC:

Definitely one of the reasons why DW sucks so bad

Lyon can drag as well in DW as you can in MW lol. They just do less damage for accelerated and delayed drags. Nobody be side stepping.

• CMW NEEDS a sequel. It’s too good of a game with too many bugs and issues that can’t be fixed because of the bad code (apparently) that just simply needs a sequel to be better in every way possible and also in ways we never even thought about.

• Chivalry 2 must be done! This type of game isn’t common even after Chivalry and WotR were released.
    Furthermore, our beloved team is more experienced now and can use way nicer engine - UE4.
    Imagine limbs that can be cut in any place or helmets that can be indented by maul or other blunt weapon, blood with realistic physics that remains on the floor exactly where it was spilled, etc.
    Even if it wasn’t so technically advanced, I’m sure that some ideas from first Chiv would be developed and many original’s bugs fixed.
    It’d have to be really, really botched lest it be a must-buy for me.

• Torn Banner is seeking an absolutely phenomenal Senior Multiplayer Level Designer to help drive our level design efforts in our super secret “unannounced Unreal 4 Project” and future projects.

I bet if Chiv 2 is not the super secret unannounced Unreal 4 Project it will be one future super secret unannounced Unreal 4 Project :)

• A spoiler at your own risk tbh. A well trained Elite team is protecting TB’s secret project but we managed to get a tape.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDgVIiI1zNQ