Chivalry 2 - not a thing

• My theory is that if they were working on CMW 2 they would be proud to tell us.

ergo they are working on something else.

• it will be good either way :)

• Chivalry 2

• I’d really just like to see them take a game like War of Rights and add a melee combat system so we can have bayonet charges and all that stuff. After playing Chivalry, it always bugs me that most FPS games only have one button knives and no real hand to hand combat system in place.

• They have already sort of revealed that what they are working on isn’t a chivalry 2.

Though it all depends on everyone’s definition of “Chivalry 2”.

• @Najo:

Chivalry 2

feints are balanced

• From their job description:

Our ideal candidate possesses a mastery of multiplayer map design and layout, with a deep understanding of the relationship between level geometry and the creation of a balanced multiplayer shooter experience. This individual must demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively within a large cross-disciplinary team. They should be driven by a passion to build an industry-leading multiplayer experience.

• @Kim:

From their job description:

Great, explains why they supported archers which destroyed this from being an enjoyable melee game.

Crying shame to leave it in the state it is in, oh well maybe Slasher (or Bushido but that has been 2.5 years with no alpha)

• @Kim:

From their job description:

By definition Chivalry is a first person shooter. No joke.

So in a technical and very official job advertisement shooter could be referring to another game like this.

Of course that’s all speculation. Stating “shooter” does actually make a shooting game 10x more likely than what people expected.

Bushido might be the next thing. My expectations are not high for The slashering.

• Shooters are a dime a dozen. They’d be daft to make one.

• I always knew it was a rumor the forum made up. >_>

• Perhaps they might have some neat ideas to make it skillbased, similar to Arma, and not point and click hipfire adventure.

They could make a shooter similar to this, but first person and better combat.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEvCZByiD_k

• @gregcau:

My theory is that if they were working on CMW 2 they would be proud to tell us.

ergo they are working on something else.

Interesting theory. So they are working on something else. But this new project must be crap or wouldn’t they be proud to tell us?^^
    I hope they will make a melee combat game again, maybe a different setting.

• @lemonater47:

By definition Chivalry is a first person shooter. No joke.

So you go around telling your internet friends come play Chivalry its a great first person shooter… there is no hope for you is there.

• @gregcau:

So you go around telling your internet friends come play Chivalry its a great first person shooter… there is no hope for you is there.

You don’t tell people that?

• @lemonater47:

You don’t tell people that?

Greg doesn’t have friends.

• @Xylvion:

Perhaps they might have some neat ideas to make it skillbased, similar to Arma, and not point and click hipfire adventure.

They could make a shooter similar to this, but first person and better combat.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEvCZByiD_k

I had no idea they had made Gunz 2. I used to play the original back in the day.

• @gndo:

I had no idea they had made Gunz 2. I used to play the original back in the day.

Heh, me too. Great times swinging a Katana around while running alongside the walls of an old mansion.

• I copy pasted that job description into google, pretty common wording I guess

• @dudeface:

Shooters are a dime a dozen. They’d be daft to make one.

Indeed. They’d be mad not make chivalry 2. With UE4 and all they’ve learned from this game it would/could be amazing. Nobody needs another shooter, it’s a flooded market where it’d have to be something REALLY special to shine through; the competition is too strong.