Assists

• I feel like an assist mechanic should be added to the game. More often then not ill be attacking someone get them low then a teammate will come up and hit them in the back once.

• There are already assists. They don’t show up on the main scoreboard, only on your personal stats at the bottom of it. However, you do receive 5 points for an assist.

• If you want to view other people’s assists, you can also open the scoreboard, hold B, and click on the player’s name - you can view all of their stats there. There’s no separate column for assists though, but it’s not a huge loss. I actually think this could be streamlined by altogether removing the B step, just have the mouse cursor appear on the scoreboard being open and have it disappear on close.

• The assists never work for me. I even tested it by almost killing someone, then letting a friend get the last hit. I checked the scoreboard and it never gave me an assist. I also tried hitting my opponent just once, then another player finish him off. I didn’t get the assist then either. Is this a bug?

• @Jake:

The assists never work for me. I even tested it by almost killing someone, then letting a friend get the last hit. I checked the scoreboard and it never gave me an assist. I also tried hitting my opponent just once, then another player finish him off. I didn’t get the assist then either. Is this a bug?

What game mode were you playing?

• Last Team Standing was the one I tested it on, I can try other game modes to see if it’s just that one

• @SlyGoat:

There are already assists. They don’t show up on the main scoreboard, only on your personal stats at the bottom of it. However, you do receive 5 points for an assist.

Cool didnt know

• Oh yeah, I forgot to post an update on assists. It works on FFA, TO, and TDM. But I tried again with LTS, and it still doesn’t show up. I let my friend test it instead and turns out, he gets the assist. Not sure what’s up with this. Maybe I should reinstall Chivalry?

• I have a theory that I formulated after this thread was posted and I stated paying attention;

When you first tested it, was it in a low population server?

When you later tested other game modes/with your friend getting the assist instead, was it in a higher population (6+) server?

Because from what I noticed yesterday I believe assists are not counting in servers where weapon progress isn’t being tracked - which would be unranked servers and servers with less than 6 players.

• @SlyGoat:

I have a theory that I formulated after this thread was posted and I stated paying attention;

When you first tested it, was it in a low population server?

When you later tested other game modes/with your friend getting the assist instead, was it in a higher population (6+) server?

Because from what I noticed yesterday I believe assists are not counting in servers where weapon progress isn’t being tracked - which would be unranked servers and servers with less than 6 players.

You know what? That’s a possibility. When I originally tested it with LTS it was only me and two friends. And the other gamemodes were matches of 16+ I’ll test it again on LTS with more people. I’ll edit this post when I find out.