Sprint State when being hit

• Isn’t it a thing that when you are being hit your sprint state should stop and you have to initiate sprint again? Whatever happened to that was it removed? I hit vanguards all the time yet they are able to get out of range of my combo and seem to keep sprinting at the same rate. Their acceleration is insane. I don’t know if it’s normal but it makes them so slippery and bullshit especially since hit trading is such a big thing nowadays.

Anyway, wtf happened to sprint state stopping when you hit people? You already as the attacker sprint slower while combo-ing so why should they be able to just breeze away when getting hit in the back and sides and shit?

• Well this sprint function is strange tbh. I have been playing in my fov 90 in first person, however my test is just to
    run down to battles and then stop all sprinting while in combat. I do agree with op but also noted in my handicapped
    combat ( by choice) that If your infact standing still and just press sprint your regen of stamina simply stops?

If your not moving to heal the sprint button should not stop that unless your moving surely?

My suggestion would be to simply change that bug. Remove the Sprint button completely
    switch it to everybody is in run mode.

when moving and a new button called regen or heal which heals when stationary by being held down.

It could disable everything when held down to heal, even movement but the regeneration is taken
    out of your damage dealt to foes making it a resource to be used wisely. Perhaps it could also be depleted
    slightly if you team damage your side who knows?

If not TB then maybe Mr Crushed could employ this extra skill in his mod tbh

• what man? i’m not talking about health/stamina regen, you’ve never regenerated either while sprinting, it stops it. I’m talking about when getting hit your sprint state. Your sprint state used to stop when you were being hit, yet countless times I hit people and they maintain damn near full speed and acceleration. Idk why you’re confusing that with sprint and health/stamina regen.

• I actually don’t know lol. Hitting the sprint key after being hit could be a reflex action everyone has. I must do it. I swear everyone I hit who is sprinting slows to walking pace however temporarily. Maybe I’m just remembering how it all used to work. I could still be using that reflex even though it’s not necessary.

• I’m more pissed off at the vangaurds that are sprinting while attacking me, I parry them and riposte, with lets say longsword, and I miss because they’re out of reach. Knockback feels so random a lot of the time I just wish it was consistent.

• Weren’t we all complaining about sprint lockout last year?

• @dudeface:

Weren’t we all complaining about sprint lockout last year?

sprint lockout + vanguard knockback meant you could never riposte them

• Chase mechanic?

• I just fought some random rank 40ish dude a couple of times, and every time I parried him he flew by by almost two spearlengths, I couldn’t riposte him and he couldn’t hit me after I missed my riposte. He used claymore so not some top knockback weapon. I might’ve seen it happen before but never really cared about it, right now it really bothers me though.

• Not happening for me. I have absolutely no problem interrupting vanguard sprints and my own sprints when trying to 2012 dance get interrupted all the time.

• @SOC:

Not happening for me. I have absolutely no problem interrupting vanguard sprints and my own sprints when trying to 2012 dance get interrupted all the time.

seems like you interrupt it but they can still just sprint out of it. Maybe it’s their super acceleration rocket packs