Played this earlier

• Really enjoyed it. Shame it’s been abandoned, it’s a nice change of pace from MW and I had some quality lols.

• Eh, did you forget something?

• Probably, I don’t sleep any more, you see. To be honest, I did play it 15 minutes after my newborn shat all over my arms, so it’s all relative I guess.

• Wait no, it is me who is retarded. Thought this was in off topic

• Yeah once in a while this game is fun but you come away with a bad taste in your mouth from the shitty balance and cancerous community.

• @Oy:

Yeah once in a while this game is fun but you come away with a bad taste in your mouth from the shitty balance and cancerous community.

I’ve never played DW… But good choice in words Mr. Oy.

• @Oy:

cancerous community.

You must be talking about the US community. There are a few bad apples in the EU community (2 dickheads who aren’t even that active and 1 really immature person) but that’s about it. Everyone else is friendly. Since there arent that many people (enough to populate servers but not many servers) everyone who is “a part of” our community knows eachother or knows of eachother. It’s quite nice actually. I do agree with the shitty balance part tho. And one of the gamemodes dont even work.

• If it wasn’t casuals thinking they knew shit, it was veterans who freaked out over weapon choices to the point of votekick lol. That’s not that bad though compared to some times in TF2. Holy shit are there some weird apples in that hat tree.

• @Harry:

Really enjoyed it. Shame it’s been abandoned, it’s a nice change of pace from MW and I had some quality lols.

I tried it again last night on my new super computer, but didn’t last longer than 20 minutes for so many reasons.

• @Oy:

veterans who freaked out over weapon choices to the point of votekick lol.

Well if someone good uses the knight mace or the ninja claws they might get badmouthed a bit because those weapons are really broken if used by someone who actually knows how to accelerate attacks, but it’s pretty rare that we votekick people who aren’t annoying and toxic. I personally don’t use the votekick option much, if someone is using overpowered shit or feinting I just focus them more than others really. (it’s a long discussion topic about feinting, but in short feinting is looked upon differently in cdw than in cmw)
    The only thing about deadliest warrior I really hate is the really big balance issues. Like… It’s really bad. It’s so bad that I’ve been thinking about moving to cmw but there are still parts about cmw that I dislike. Since I am a cdw player it’s hard to get used to the fact that feinting is such a common thing in cmw in the higher level plays. In cdw the pace of combat is so fast that you dont need feints at all to have fun fights and to outskill your opponent. Drags are much more effective thanks to the faster pace and there is a pretty big focus on hitting around parryboxes too. Not as much a focus on doing spins and feints to win. Although I do still spin, it’s not as much as in cmw (unless I use one weapon in perticular, the nodachi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfOlyhvUJCU )

• Spins, crabs and feints beat almost any DW player. The easiest way to get free entertainment is to feint once and watch the whole server erupt in anger.

• Well feints might surprise me the first time someone uses them but then it really wont matter because those who use it aren’t that good at DW, so it’s still pretty easy to beat them. Spins are no problem, dont know what crabs is (if its groundsniffing, jumping or making weird movements to make your opponent panic parry you’re talking about then that doesn’t faze me either). But yea if you feint pretty much everyone gets pissed at you immediately :p

• Crabbing is just a term for turning around, bending over backwards and hitting your enemy with an overhead. It’s pretty cheap if you use it a lot and are accurate with it, but it def isn’t unbeatable. Unless they riposte into it with a long, fast weapon like Nodachi a lot. Viking spear is also very hard to beat when a good player has it. I think a good player in MW will do well in DW if he plays a decent bit of it, and vice-versa. They really are not that different, and both are not that hard after a measly few hundred hours. Who needs a social life when you have 10000 posts and all the helmets in the game, right?

Right??

• I thought you were just saying sti’s beat most players in DW.

• @gndo:

I thought you were just saying sti’s beat most players in DW.

I’m failing to see a contradiction here. Can you explain?

• @Oy:

I’m failing to see a contradiction here. Can you explain?

I guess I just didn’t realise how deadly DW could be.

• What’s an sti? I’m fucked as bake so pls too explain me your concepts so I can conceptualize them.

• Ah, that’s what you meant by crabbing. I am familiar with it and use it myself, however I just always call them reverse overheads (or swings) or 0 degree hits in some cases. And yes, it’s all about the helmets

• @Oy:

What’s an sti? I’m fucked as bake so pls too explain me your concepts so I can conceptualize them.

• A Spartan would be no match for that you are right. Now a ninja with a quarterstaff on the other hand…