Games voice acting

• Hey guys, what games in your opinion has good voice acting? For me, the first Bioshock game is pure gold in this sector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzktgY3wp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbxWDZUIV40
    (Where is he Madonna, where is the little sinner! lol this guy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JZVycs2jgM

Imo is something that makes a huge difference in the game, Chivalry is also prof of this as the voice acting is one of the best parts of the game, VERY well made

• I would like to add to this as overall audio in a game. Currently I am playing Alien Isolation and that level design is like walking back to 1979 scifi design but the audio is outstanding. So far the voice acting is pretty damn good too. You are totally submerged into the environment from all senses and easily get the shit scared out of you time and time again.

Of course anything with Kevin Conroy as Batman is the shit.

• @Retsnom:

I would like to add to this as overall audio in a game. Currently I am playing Alien Isolation and that level design is like walking back to 1979 scifi design but the audio is outstanding. So far the voice acting is pretty damn good too.

Err… as much as I loved Alien: Isolation, I can’t quite praise the voice acting. Mediocre at best.

I vote any Kingdom Hearts game, or better yet Far Cry 3. The famous “definition of insanity”-line was well-written and well-executed.
    The whole damn character was amazing.

• chivalry has really good voice acting

same with TF2

is coward killing time

• Chivalry has amazing voice acting for a multiplayer game.

By the way if any of you want to be voice actors for a game I have roles for you.

• Fuck TF2, I had forgotten that game. Amazing voice acting indeed. I can’t play Aliens: Isolation because my pc is totally potatoes… Haven’t played FC3 too, is it worth it?

Have you guys played Outlast? Amazing sound effects, music and voice acting. Also the 3 first silent hill games has very good sound effects, not much for the voice acting but fuck, the sound effects are top quality.

But really, I never saw any game that has Bioshock level of voice acting, its just amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx2v6Dm-wGs

• @Vanguard:

Fuck TF2, I had forgotten that game. Amazing voice acting indeed. I can’t play Aliens: Isolation because my pc is totally potatoes… Haven’t played FC3 too, is it worth it?

Have you guys played Outlast? Amazing sound effects, music and voice acting. Also the 3 first silent hill games has very good sound effects, not much for the voice acting but fuck, the sound effects are top quality.

Far Cry 3? Hell yeah is it worth it.
    I’m not even that much of a FPS fan but damn that game delivered a great experience. Even if you’re just going to rush through the main questline.

I wouldn´t really say Outlast had outstanding voice acting to be honest.
    That aside, if you liked Outlast then definitely reconsider Alien: Isolation. If you can run Outlast, you’ll probably be able to run Alien as well, albeit maybe with a slightly lower resolution. (not that noticeable difference in that game, anyway.)

Alien practically runs on GPU alone, the levels are all too small to have much of an impact on your CPU or RAM. (does that make sense?) So if it’s your videocard that’s most “potato-y”, then best forget what I said.

• Postal 2 had many memorable lines such as “Holy shit, is that Gary Coleman?” and “Are you saving again?” See the town, visit the oriental restaraunts, watch the church overrun by muslim extremists, and brave the depths of hell.

• This post is deleted!

• @Rickvs:

Err… as much as I loved Alien: Isolation, I can’t quite praise the voice acting. Mediocre at best.

I vote any Kingdom Hearts game, or better yet Far Cry 3. The famous “definition of insanity”-line was well-written and well-executed.
    The whole damn character was amazing.

I was referring to the over all sound scape of Alien Isolation. There are some very notable voice work in it but I would agree that it is slightly above average with note on the working joes are creepy as shit. So my major point was the sound scape as a whole is awesome, creepy and puts you in constant fear.

• @Oy:

Postal 2 had many memorable lines such as “Holy shit, is that Gary Coleman?” and “Are you saving again?” See the town, visit the oriental restaraunts, watch the church overrun by muslim extremists, and brave the depths of hell.

HAH this game is the best man, that mission where you have to get them petitions, I cry everytime

• @Vanguard:

HAH this game is the best man, that mission where you have to get them petitions, I cry everytime

Hey, sign my petition!
    um, no thanks
    zips

• @Vanguard:

I played Postal 2 way too much. :D

• Not to derail the thread too much but in postal 2 you unlock different types of piss with different effects, like fire and poison, and I wish more games like chiv incorporated it. Similar to the dookie mod for cs 1.6. But yeah, peeing isn’t voice acting but still critically important element.

• @Oy:

Not to derail the thread too much but in postal 2 you unlock different types of piss with different effects, like fire and poison, and I wish more games like chiv incorporated it. Similar to the dookie mod for cs 1.6. But yeah, peeing isn’t voice acting but still critically important element.

Man I can’t agree more. Game developers seems to miss how important piss mechanics are, they add so much depth I mean, I HAD to piss on everything on my first playthrough of Postal 2, it was a nice way to get in contact with the world

• 2 that come to mind, are portal 2 and the stanley parable; that game basically is the voice acting.

• @gndo:

2 that come to mind, are portal 2 and the stanley parable; that game basically is the voice acting.

Heavy Rain has a good story and some good voice acting, other than the retarded french-sounding kid voice that’s totally out of place. Ratchet and Clank: Deadlocked: was also an entertaining game. There were lots of funny jokes in that game.

• What about Dear Esther? It was almost all voice acting. Not to mention that it really pushed the HL2 engine to what is is supposed to look like

http://dear-esther.com/

• Never played Dear Esther too, is it worth it Rets?

Gndo, well remembered man, Portal 2 has a fucking glorious voice acting, one of the few games where I truly found it funny

• It is a slow burn game, beautifully written, designed and voice acted. You get totally immersed into the game and leaves you sad but satisfied. It is a very different game more of great story telling.

I loved the original Portal, Gladys cracked my shit up