I've got it - simple change for archers

• Truly brave and great archers stand close to the melee - they can switch their weapons and obviously with superior speed of their weapons and not having lost any stamina from their striking you from range they can melee just fine.

So here is a simple change - the further the arrow travels the less damage it does. Does not have to be complicated - perhaps define a range for a weapon and break it down into short, medium and long. Medium does 20% less damage, long does 40% less damage.

Something along those lines. That would allow TBS to address archers issues where you get tagged by an archer a long way away and either have to continue with 75% of your health gone or stand around pissed off for longer than a respawn time to heal up.

All in favor say aye

• Yeah, real fair poll basically giving us the option between “yes” or “no because I’m a dipshit” and then voting in your own poll as well.

I vote no because no. Archers doing 100k headshot damage up close and still switch to secondary on time to parry 100% of incoming melee damage are equally annoying as Archers sniping half a map away.

• sorry dumb poll. I have proposed the proper changes to archers many times and it has fallen on deaf ears

• but you get rid of one type of archery meaning less annoyance overall

i dont follow your logic

• I like getting hit for full damage and I’m an archer. The only change needed for archers is a buff to secondaries.

• @BillDoor:

The only change needed for archers is a buff to secondaries.

HAHhAHAHAHAHAHAHA fuck off

• So realistic speeds and range for arrows to go along with this change? 300m range and 200km/h initial velocity.

• @Vanguard:

HAHhAHAHAHAHAHAHA fuck off

you dont want shortsword to be viable on vanguards???

• I have an idea:

Lets remove archers completely as well as all 1 handed weapon and fix the anination of all 2handed weapons…

• @zombojoe:

you dont want shortsword to be viable on vanguards???

Hmmm, fuck off?

• Why not just make them deal 80% less damage to all other classes, 150% bonus damage to other archers, and give them 8 ammo with a 2 minute ammo box cool down that’s individual to each person?

• @SOC:

Why not just make them deal 80% less damage to all other classes, 150% bonus damage to other archers, and give them 8 ammo with a 2 minute ammo box cool down that’s individual to each person?

Why play archer?

Archers would just be playing a different game entirely.

• @SOC:

Why not just make them deal 80% less damage to all other classes, 150% bonus damage to other archers, and give them 8 ammo with a 2 minute ammo box cool down that’s individual to each person?

Lol, in mercs the nerf hovers at 20% and it already starts to feel like marshmallow shooters. 80% is ridiculous that would probably mean consuming all of your ammo wouldn’t even grant you a single kill if all shots landed. Just stupid.

• So they do nothing but shoot other archers or play melee class and everyone’s happy.

• @SOC:

So they do nothing but shoot other archers or play melee class and everyone’s happy.

You could of just said you wanted archers removed.

• makes more sense to reduce ‘handle hit’ damage proportionally - the principle of force x lever arm

• @SOC:

have u played mercs

• Just buff archers to the point that everyone will play nothing but archer.

There, problem solved :^)

• You know the game is about enjoyment - personally if I do play archer most of the challenge and enjoyment is landing hits, not necessarily doing the damage of a greatsword from 1,000 feet away. The reality is archers are a bane to the enjoyment of others - they take most of your health easily (and there is no active dodging while in melee), then they have super fast spammy weapons that can strike you again even in your parry recovery, they have full stamina and really the only way to dispatch them is to feint them before they are in range. Lets just encourage them to kill other archers with some tweaks and make it less depressing when archers pick you off from a distance.

Javelineers are different - at least they have to get in close to land their hits and its actually easier to kill them since shields are not really a benefit for melee.

• I find javelins to be more obnoxious than bows or crossbows.