Beta - CMW Patch 37

• Developer

right now, this isn’t a new build, this is still the one we uploaded last week. Note that this currently matches what’s live in the normal version of the game, but with the addition of new maps

New

• New maps!

• Community Map Pack #2:

• Colosseum
        • Forest
        • Hideout
        • Impasse
        • Irilla
        • NoMercy
        • Shore
      • And:

• HordeTown

Changes made to new maps (Community Map Pack #2 + HordeTown)

• Irilla

• added phys assets to all environment skeletal meshes
      • physical materials set for all materials used in Irilla
      • Lowered instruction count of some materials, replaced some materials that didn’t need to be unique with material instances.
      • set culling distance on most of the flags
      • removed collision checks from flags - the flag that gets raised in the capture zone before entering the castle will no longer potentially get stuck in the ground and stretch
      • Replaced BSP ocean with static mesh ocean (new mesh)
      • modified ocean material to be have less instructions and use a cubemap.
      • Removed delay on burning the warehouses, objective now completes once everything has been hit by torches, don’t need to wait for them to finish burning.
      • Some of the custom NPC skins had inverted normal maps, made sure all their materials/textures have the right settings for chivalry.
    • Hideout:

• Scoreboard Icons/Text Cleanup
      • Hud Marker Icons.
      • Minor bug fix on Workers.
      • Reduced overall health on door from 7500 to 4250. Objective Complete Health remains the same at 3500.
      • Reduced post objective health on door
      • Added indication when there are few remaining slaves during the final objective.
      • Added Loadout Change Volumes
      • Gave peasant stakes slight rim glow
    • Colosseum

• Optimized colosseum structure - Halved the amount of unique geometry in the colosseum structure, modified structure such that the meshes are now mirrored and instanced where they were all unique geometry before.
      • made unique PPC to ensure all versions have same processing
      • Fixed lightmaps and simplified collision on colosseum boat.
      • Created simple collision for some custom meshes that were uses per poly collision
      • Replaced per poly collision on colosseum structure with blocking volumes (ce opengates now turns off the blocking volumes and re-enables per poly collision, expect performance to decrease if used)
    • NoMercy

• Prevent dynamic shadows from showing on the bottom of the elevator
      • moved kill volume further below platform, it seemed to be lagging behing a bit at the bottom and killing people on the platform
    • HordeTown

• Added custom hud
      • Set army of darkness chest to 6666 golds to purchase and now wave 25 awakens the army to match wave 25 being the final wave in crypts
    • Shore

• Localized strings
      • Optimized settings on decals.
      • Lightbeams in castle set to only show on high detail.
      • Brought up total initial spawn points to 32.
      • Lowered bloom brightness a bit.
    • Forest

• Less intense berries
    • Impasse

• Built production lighting

• Thanks for delaying the maps while you still work on them. It’s better for something to be done slow and right than fast and wrong.

• Please disable collision on all spider webs on Irilla, we forgot to do that and its blocking a pathway. Should be very easy to do

• The collision meshes on the rocks in the forest theme in Colosseum should be changed back to the collision mesh I made for them. The new collision meshes block the player about 2m away from the actual rock. It makes it frustrating to try and navigate.

I think there were some other little things, but that’s what stood out the most aside from the lack of the cool red translucent shadows from the shades (I understand why though).

• Developer

@CRUSHED:

Please disable collision on all spider webs on Irilla, we forgot to do that and its blocking a pathway. Should be very easy to do

K. Got that and a couple other minor things (floating catapult because it does that and a decoration mesh on some stairs that was too steep to walk up). Unrelated to that, I know some people don’t like the really long torch timers, but I get why they’re like that and want to avoid buffing them unless everyone hates it.

@Otreum:

The collision meshes on the rocks in the forest theme in Colosseum should be changed back to the collision mesh I made for them. The new collision meshes block the player about 2m away from the actual rock. It makes it frustrating to try and navigate.

Eh, fair enough. I just looked at it and was scared by how many collision hulls it had, but I guess in the context of the map it’ll be fine.

• So what are the maps Actually called? For servers.

• @lemonater47:

So what are the maps Actually called? For servers.

Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfarebeta\UDKGame\CookedPC\AOC\Levels\CommunityMaps\Round2

look at the file names in those folders

edit: without those spaces.

• @LongSun:

Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfarebeta\UDKGame\CookedPC\AOC\Levels\CommunityMaps\Round2

look at the file names in those folders

edit: without those spaces.

I don’t have a round2 folder

Never mind I’m an idiot.

• Cool, new playgrounds to strut around in with my paid fashion accessories. TB, you treat me so fine!

• Great patch! The game plays much better without turn cap reversals.

@SOC:

Thanks for delaying the maps while you still work on them. It’s better for something to be done slow and right than fast and wrong.

Yes

• Ah yeah, that’s fair enough Tyler, to be honest, even the collision I used could be have a reduced poly count, although I don’t think it’d make much of a difference. You could probably save about 10 polys per rock which would probably just be a waste of time :P

I’m not sure if this is an engine limitation or not, but I was trying to get the current shadowing on prop shadows as it is now, but also have those red translucent shade cloth shadows, what ended up happening was the shadows on props were working, but on the arena floor, they were incredibly faint, so it looked kinda crummy.

Do you guys know of a way to have both the nice dark shadows of the props on the arena floor, but also the translucent shadows from the shade cloths? I put it down to my lack of UDK knowledge :P

Also, do you plan on adding some new traps or themes? :D

• @Otreum:

Ah yeah, that’s fair enough Tyler, to be honest, even the collision I used could be have a reduced poly count, although I don’t think it’d make much of a difference. You could probably save about 10 polys per rock which would probably just be a waste of time :P

I’m not sure if this is an engine limitation or not, but I was trying to get the current shadowing on prop shadows as it is now, but also have those red translucent shade cloth shadows, what ended up happening was the shadows on props were working, but on the arena floor, they were incredibly faint, so it looked kinda crummy.

Do you guys know of a way to have both the nice dark shadows of the props on the arena floor, but also the translucent shadows from the shade cloths? I put it down to my lack of UDK knowledge :P

Also, do you plan on adding some new traps or themes? :D

Traps are the bees knees!

• Been playing today and it feels great with the reversal code removed. My attacks feel very fluid now. We’ll see how the whole thing pans out as players may gravitate a bit away from reverse overheads and move more towards tricky deceptive attacks. Regardless though I had a lot more fun with the halberd than I’ve had in a long time with this patch. Great job!

• Great fixes TB guys, I just couln’t resolve 2 of these i knew about

that flag getting stuck in the ground - so it sthe collision setting!!!
    and every attempt I had of using a cubemap for the sea just crashed the editor :-(

I did do a pass on reducing instrauctions on materials, but ran out of time - so thanks for the effort to who ever had to go through all of those and complete that!!!

• While you guys are working on a new patch it would be nice to see this bug looked at. I posted it in the bug report section with a video.

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/23330-Weapons-Phasing-Through-Enemies

• While maps are still in BETA, you guys might consider fixing some stuff on Hideout.

• I forgot to change the old water material near the Agathian spawn - It looks way too blue.
    • There might be some pitch-black objects on the wall.
    • Grass looks kinda weird / doesn’t fit the surroundings.

• Should of bought this game for PC…

• @Dire:

While you guys are working on a new patch it would be nice to see this bug looked at. I posted it in the bug report section with a video.

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/23330-Weapons-Phasing-Through-Enemies

Ahahahhah omg Torn Banner, can you guys fix this please?
    @General:

Should of bought this game for PC…

Its worth it man!

• When should this patch come?

Please find also my italian translation in the dedicated section

• can you fix the blocked spawn exits on Drunken Bazaar? there’s an invisible wall on both exits of Mason’s spawn on the top level of the library.