Am I alone on this?

• (Generally) The weapons with the longest release times in the game are also the most damaging (e.g. Maul, Messer, Zweihander). Long release times give you the ability to drag your attacks and create a very strong mix-up for no additional stamina drain. (It just drains stamina from opponent who manages to parry for a net gain)

Why should the hardest hitting (and sometimes longest) weapons in the game also have a built in mix-up that weaker weapons don’t have? Shouldn’t the more damaging weapons be harder to hit people with, instead of easier???

I get that it is harder to land an attack after a feint with a weapon with a long windup, but isn’t the tradeoff for that their huge damage?

To any that may misunderstand where I am coming from: I am not against dragging, nor do I think it is unfair or should be removed. If I were to make any suggestion, I would want the release time reduced on the more damaging weapons, or even the release time increased on some of the other lower damage 2handers (preferably the former)

• Well something is wrong somewhere tbh. These troll knights not only using every known Maul exploit simply going
    around overhead smashing players already fighting, let alone the maul apparently faster then a sword of war by
    the way they use it, even its stab forward. I have come across active and non active clan players still maul
    exploiting all over the game. I knew of a 50slot server were this became a pandemic with van bs to boot.
    don’t forget to add the macro’s, higher fov’s and ini files edited. The lengths just to look big with 40 to 1
    kdr ratio’s , they go to are astonishing tbh.

Lastly nobody seems to care op. Any grumblings are eventually closed down on steam and this site.
    Usually they are left to the arrogant fanboi’s and elitists to dissect in small pieces and over time.
    Once that process is done buried out of site then it is locked. Rare as it is now and again one
    actually leaves the rank and file to speak out before finally quitting the game for good, imagine that?

• Tornbanner isn’t gonna do any more balancing.

• because if fast weapons had long release times all the animations would look terrible

• Well that doesn’t count Mr Z does it? They are mostly trying to break animations anyway hehe. Nice try tho.
    If you want to see the Euro ones at peak 5pm upwards I suggest official server 24slot ffa number 2 plus
    number official server number 5, 16slot, EVen Official first person 32slot T/O later on.
    Infact I saw a new clan of about 7 members , all same armour ranked 45 to 55 freshy farmed
    rankers, all using such stuff while teaming on one Official FFA server. I see, I screenshot
    always. No matter who these players are or how famous they think they are tbh.

At least the usa
    admins do ban in american servers for the use of using known exploits to play/win. Euro has nothing at
    all. Although some might not speak out after being ban or appeal as they have some pride left.

I’d advise the OP to give them a wide birth when seen on servers , just enjoy this great game.
    So say we all, As the captain of the Galactica Says’ tbh.

• @loin:

At least the usa
    admins do ban in american servers for the use of using known exploits to play/win. Euro has nothing at
    all. Although some might not speak out after being ban or appeal as they have some pride left.

Are you saying in NA admins ban people for using maul overheads all the time or what? I’m confused.

• Of course the official admins ban for exploits.

That doesn’t include dragging though.

• Longsword says hi.

I’m fine with weapons having long releases with damage to back it up, but I think stamina usage should be reduced across the board for nearly everything. I also think damage tracers should be removed in early release to help prevent things like ROH. They’re not OP or hard to deal with or anything, they just look stupid.

• I dont think we want archers to be able to drag their daggers.

• @gndo:

Are you saying in NA admins ban people for using maul overheads all the time or what? I’m confused.

Not far off.

• Whatever they the admins do is a good thing imo. When such a gamer is for example 37 to 1 kdr, the fact is
    potentially a fair chunk might walk away and not return to this game. If somebody is blatantly glaringly
    obvious, why should so many players suffer? When you consider the size of the player base which is
    still quite big, if they manage to ban just 10 players for known exploits its not a bad thing, lets be fair tbh.
    My hats go off to the admins when such players/gamers are caught and finally shown the door on official
    servers.

• I’ve seen plenty people run in trade with a maul to get a kill, or even steal kills with it, then back off to regain full health and repeat. They do this just to stack their kdr and boost their self esteem or something. They certainly aren’t helping with objective (I only play TO) nor are they exploiting.

• This post is deleted!

• I’ll agree its not that hard to play against once you experience it, but it does look horrible none the less. Not a thing they will fix or change though.