NO SERVERS!

• I have no servers here and I tried the files and Steam changes… Please give me a fix or a refund…

• Can you paste the contents of your MasterServer2.vdf file? You can open it in notepad.

• I did already. No luck.

• Oh I meant pasting the contents of that file on the forums here.

• “MasterServers”
    {
    “hl1”
    {
    “0”
    {
    “addr” “208.64.200.117:27011”
    }
    “1”
    {
    “addr” “208.64.200.118:27011”
    }
    }
    “hl2”
    {
    “0”
    {
    “addr” “208.64.200.65:27015”
    }
    “1”
    {
    “addr” “208.64.200.52:27011”
    }
    “2”
    {
    “addr” “208.64.200.39:27011”
    }
    }
    “rdkf”
    {
    “0”
    {
    “addr” “69.28.158.131:27014”
    }
    }
    “gms”
    {
    }
    }

• Can you open up the command promprt and try to ping the servers under HL2?
    So launch command prompt (Windows Button + R, cmd, enter)
    ping 208.64.200.65
    ping 208.64.200.52
    ping 208.64.200.39

^ All those in 3 separate lines.
    Do you get a response back from them

• When I try that I get “request timed out”

And it is the first one. The others all seem to work just fine.

• Interesting, can you right click on Chivalry on your games list on steam and hit properties, then go into local files and then Verify the integrity of your game. Thanks.

• I’ll just piggyback on here. I’ve been playing in the beta for a while, servers were working fine. Upon release, I see servers perfectly fine, but I haven’t been able to join one yet. It either sticks on “Loading” forever or says (instantly) that I was unable to load it.
    There is only one IP under HL2 in my MasterServer2.vdf, 208.64.200.39:27011. I get no response when pinging it. Mind you, this still happens after a full re-install of the game and verification. I’m going to use the patched .vdf file and see if it helps.

• @NtiT:

I’ll just piggyback on here. I’ve been playing in the beta for a while, servers were working fine. Upon release, I see servers perfectly fine, but I haven’t been able to join one yet. It either sticks on “Loading” forever or says (instantly) that I was unable to load it.
    There is only one IP under HL2 in my MasterServer2.vdf, 208.64.200.39:27011. I get no response when pinging it. Mind you, this still happens after a full re-install of the game and verification. I’m going to use the patched .vdf file and see if it helps.

Stab in the dark here, but have you restarted Steam since beta? When I transitioned from Beta > Release, I could run the game but not join any servers, sometimes getting an authorisation error. As soon as I restarted, this was autocorrected as Steam detected the game as being the full version rather than the Beta. I’ve never had the problem since.

• Same problem after installing the new file. Servers are shown, but I can’t join. What gives?

• And you tried restarting Steam?

• I’m a noob at this stuff so can you maybe tell me in a more stupid friendly fashion what your post:

Can you open up the command promprt and try to ping the servers under HL2?
    So launch command prompt (Windows Button + R, cmd, enter)
    ping 208.64.200.65
    ping 208.64.200.52
    ping 208.64.200.39

^ All those in 3 separate lines.
    Do you get a response back from them

means? Thanks.

• @b3h47pte:

And you tried restarting Steam?

Yes.

• I have tried pining it as well and I get the EXACT same results as shadowsora18…
    The first says Request timed out 3 times and the other two give me results.
    What is the purpose of this anyway and how will it fix my game?
    Please assist me ASAP with fixing this. I would REALLY like to play this game already… I have had it for a week now.
    If I don’t get it working soon, I plan on contacting Steam for a full refund, due to the game not being a working product…