Idea For Flinching Archers

• This may or may not apply to all classes if implemented but it would mostly effect archers as they are the ones who switch to a melee weapon immediately after taking melee damage.

Should all classes be restricted from switching weapons while flinched?

This would reward melee for sneaking up on archers while their ranged weapons are drawn as they ideally should be. This would also encourage archers not to gamble as much with melee in 1v1. Using their ranged weapons in 1v1’s going for one last point blank shot before switching to their melee will become a big risk, big reward for archers also as it should be.

EDIT: Apply this poll to all classes, not just Archers.

• I mean it wouldn’t really change much. Archers dumb enough to not switch to their secondaries before they get it generally won’t be good players and are a couple of kicks away from death anyway.

And an archer surprised by someone sneaking up on them probably wouldn’t react within the flinch time lol. Hell pretty much every time you can combo them and kill them on te next swing before they are in a state to parry lol.

• Yes. If you get caught with your ranged weapon out, you should die.

• They just need to remove the ability to bypass flinch after switching weapons for all classes. It’s annoying that right after I hit someone, they switch weapon and before I’m out of recovery they’ve already hit me back. Then again, MAA’s can do that with dodge so why shouldn’t all classes be allowed to bypass flinch in some way.

• @Xanith:

Yes. If you get caught with your ranged weapon out, you should die.

That usually happens.

• @Xylvion:

They just need to remove the ability to bypass flinch after switching weapons for all classes. It’s annoying that right after I hit someone, they switch weapon and before I’m out of recovery they’ve already hit me back.

Not many people do that, but those that do that exploit, it is fucking annoying.

But lets face it TBS is not going to fix those kind of things.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @Caliko:

This may or may not apply to all classes if implemented but it would mostly effect archers as they are the ones who switch to a melee weapon immediately after taking melee damage.

Should archers be restricted from switching weapons while flinched?

This would reward melee for sneaking up on archers while their ranged weapons are drawn as they ideally should be. This would also encourage archers not to gamble as much with melee in 1v1. Using their ranged weapons in 1v1’s going for one last point blank shot before switching to their melee will become a big risk, big reward for archers also as it should be.

you can usually kill an archer every time if you sneak up behind him

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Removed posts due to thread derailing and personal attacks. Let’s keep it constructive and on topic please.

• Yeah, if you can’t kill an archer you got the drop on …

• @zombojoe:

you can usually kill an archer every time if you sneak up behind him

I completely agree with you here. Keyword being ‘usually’.

There are unusual circumstances as well, a sneak attack could also occur from the side or front, allowing your target to see an incoming attack briefly before they are hit, this gives an archer ample time to switch to melee while flinched. Needless to say though, there are some well practiced archer players with very good response times who can switch to their melee weapon even when attacked from behind – to parry the second attack of one handed weapon combos.

Hypothetically speaking, if this change was implemented, and archers get caught with a ranged weapon out, they would have to dodge the second attack of a combo by any means necessary before fighting back or defending with their melee.

• you can kill anyone you can sneak up on - what is the point?

oh wait I forgot Zombo is archer lover.

• What you need to be looking at is the game mode , ie Team Objective, In this mode a 24 to 32 slot.
    In these full modes , archers can lead a herd of knights, yes with a butter knife and often win any 1v1.
    due to laggy or desync etc. I agree while also pointed out a many times they need do be softened up
    by nerfs. ie less damage of arrows or less ammo, take away butter knifes completely no melee pudding.

The steam boards fill with the usual toffee saying " they can beat any archer in 1v1 or melee etc,
    people base the game on the mode they play. So a duellist server player would have another view.
    small FFA server another view. Team Objective is were the most play and any archer stripped of his
    op prowess in that mode would be good. Its the mode that draws in the most players for TB new and old.

Why should they also have the luxury of sitting in spawn using fov 60 to kill players across map ?
    with all the other perks of over poweredness they have in T/O mode. Lastly take away shields
    they have with spears. You know they can do all the shield op tricks like a mini knight plus
    just use that shield shove spam bug > to then finish off by spears seemingly no loss of stamina.

• Yeah that’s true Loin, the overall effectiveness of an Archer does indeed depend on which game mode you are playing. Team Objective is where they really shine the most.

But after some more thought, this should probably just apply to all classes in the game for two reasons. (1.) I don’t think TB could apply this effect to one class and not the others without botching the game in some weird way. (2.) Not to single out Archers, even though this change would effect them the most.

I can’t edit the poll but for the sake of argument, let’s just swap ‘Archer’ with ‘All Classes’.

• @Xanith:

Yes. If you get caught with your ranged weapon out, you should die.

@lemonater47:

That usually happens.

Um no that pretty much never happens even with the One hitters. I sneak behind archers all the time and I rarely get the one shot let alone die. They get hit and instant switch to parry. Then it is just a patter of spamming the OH dagger, throw in a kick and a quick feint. EZ MODE! What is needed is stamina drain while reloading.

• @Retsnom:

Um no that pretty much never happens even with the One hitters. I sneak behind archers all the time and I rarely get the one shot let alone die. They get hit and instant switch to parry. Then it is just a patter of spamming the OH dagger, throw in a kick and a quick feint. EZ MODE! What is needed is stamina drain while reloading.

So all archers with a dagger, the disadvantage and being a few kicks away from death all manage to kill you from full health?

Its either bullshit or it says a lot of things about you.

• @lemonater47:

So all archers with a dagger, the disadvantage and being a few kicks away from death all manage to kill you from full health?

Its either bullshit or it says a lot of things about you.

lols do you even play the game? Archers are op cancer. I even started playing shortbow to get the last achievement knocked out and as much as I hate archers, archer dagger overhead spam is ez sauce. I have been running around with archer melee so easy I am not even trying half the time. Fast weapon switch into parry then OH spam add in a kick or feint or parry, continue to spam. It doesnt matter what class or weapon going against archers dagger dance. It is better if you sink in an arrow but you really don’t need too. Any skilled melee archer can destroy any class with ease.

I dont lose every fight against an archer cause I will feint the fuck out of them but they are the longest and most draining fights if I go against a good melee archer. And I mostly lose against really good melee archers because they are that OP.