I'll take the ban thank you

• plus they’ll never catch me. These words bragged about in text are what the exploiting toons are saying.
    They laugh it off in the official servers ffa 2 and 5 plus first person official 32slot T/O, even some of
    the others.

I have a fat collection of them in screenshots so if they do appear in any ban appeal thread it will be us
    quality normal players who get the last laugh. My advise is screenshot one as you see one. Clear the
    chaf from Chivalry , perhaps many who leave given up with such toon players might stay or return tbh.

• … Bad day?

• How are they exploiting exactly?

• @lemonater47:

How are they exploiting exactly?

Probably these high fov third person buggers.
    They’re not exploiting.
    There previously was such group who constantly abused jumps to enemy spawnpoints + abusing class change volumes while spawnkilling.

The == clan.
    They’re all banned.

• @MrGrumps:

… Bad day?

Not in the least tbh. I have started sifting through my screenshots and sent in a list of names worth being checked out by Tb.
    When they the users of known Eps top it off with that crouch angle deflect all parry it just really shows the lengths they
    will go to in order not to die even once, even though often leading by 27 to 1 kdr’s. Just by being aware they might be
    under scrutiny , this might infact be enough for them to stop. Its not about them really but the many other players
    just trying to still enjoy a good game of Chivalry. Would you rather that everyone remains silent Mr grumps?

• Crouch look up parries being exploits??

lol if they are gonna ban for that they might as well ban you off the forums for pushing enter to make a new line in your posts becuase you think you’re on a typewriter.

• What your doing is A trolling as usual mr lemon, with B known as your attempts at Harassment by with continually
    going on about this typewriter rubbish on all my posts on steam and now here it seems. The blatant way you get
    away with even digging at the admins and TB amazes me also tbh. I would request an admin/Tb take a look at your conduct with
    a close eye tbh.

• @loin:

What your doing is A trolling as usual mr lemon, with B known as your attempts at Harassment by with continually
    going on about this typewriter rubbish on all my posts on steam and now here it seems. The blatant way you get
    away with even digging at the admins and TB amazes me also tbh. I would request an admin/Tb take a look at your conduct with
    a close eye tbh.

Ain’t breaking any rules.

But why do you insist on making a new line by pushing enter all the time. It only messes it all up.

• @lemonater47:

Crouch look up parries being exploits??

lol if they are gonna ban for that they might as well ban you off the forums for pushing enter to make a new line in your posts becuase you think you’re on a typewriter.

Dude look at me I am exploiting call the cops!!!

In all seriousness loin chill out most of these things are widely used in the community and if you think his typewriter comments are annoying. Your 90 fov talk is just as annoying. Its only an exploit if you think its an exploit. IMO tweaking the game is part of the game and the settings the devs set as a standard are not in anyway forbidden to change. If there is something really broken devs should fix it its that simple. It isn’t “fixed” for a long time so they most likely think its fine, right?

• Ban for the use of Known Exploits: Do take a trip to find they do exist and on this forum.

• @loin:

Ban for the use of Known Exploits: Do take a trip to find they do exist and on this forum.

Yes, but those bans are for the exploits I’ve described in my earlier posts.
    What you described is someone using the crouch and look up parry that parries nearly everything except crouch stabs and LMBing from his side.

On top of that there are many more ways to get around that type of parry. Those are just the easiest ones. There’s also regular dragstabs, overhead + footwork, delays, feints, the list goes on.

The people who usually do that type of parry either expect a regular “waterfall” and attempt to parry it without following their enemy to their side (the rare kind), and third person high fov midgets who are very ‘skilled’ in taking out 90% of ranks 35 and below, yet not ‘skilled’ at all at taking out anyone higher rank.

No, that parry is not an exploit.
    Yes, that parry has tons of workarounds.

• I’m sorry, am I really understanding this right? Crouch + look up and parry is now a exploit?

Just delay the fucking overhead, they ALWAYS fall when you delay the overhead because they are even farther away from your weapon, its obvious and easy to deal with. Also not a exploit as this goes into “torso mechanics” manipulation.

• They classify it as an exploit. But whether or not its an exploit is in the eye of the beholder. 1 click feint to parry isn’t stated there so is it an exploit? A lot of people use it but it requires a little trick to unlock it. Editing the ini to allow for more fps does that count as exploiting? At 120 fps you got 8ms more time to react to an attack then you also got this variable called oneframethreadlag which reduces latency even more, exploit? Archer zoom adjustement, exploit? You could disable the obnoxious sun glare so you can see easier, exploit? I know a certain russian vanguard who is playing at >100 ping in eu servers with some really annoying desync because of his ping, does that count too? In the past (and present?) it was possible to get a speedboost (as in ingame walkspeed/attack speed) by overclocking the cpu. Some people didn’t even know that and a 1% increase is not easily noticed but can give some wtf moments for the opponent.
    Even though they said fov adjustement above 120 is exploiting I dont even think it is. The ini and console allow it so easily then why would it be exploiting, why dont they just lock out the option completely so nobody can use it. Playing on very high fov is not even easier after a while you can’t see depth at all. It is only easier if you combine it with 3rd person view. And even at like 120 fov and 3rd person you can do some weird shit already. So the fov really is the lesser evil of the two 3rd person is what allows these weird things. You really need 3rd person to be able to look behind you, fov is just an enhancement to that. They won’t let you adjust your fps above 120 why can’t fov use the same thing? All this “exploiting” shouldn’t even be bannable IMO but I don’t make the rules. Everyone who wants an edge will want to use it that is just the nature of people. How do you even proof if someone is doing something like an fov exploit? Of course you could guess it but you will never know unless you can look through his ini or have a recording of his view.
    Exploits in software are so common and abuse is also common. But it is the responsibility of the software developer to classify and patch these exploits asap. Of course people abusing it would get hunted down and trialed but in the longterm this won’t help at all and later other people will abuse it. Why would a game be any different? If banning people for using exploits is tb their solution I think that is just wrong especially so if they are so easy to achieve like an fov edit. I don’t know but this is pretty much the only multiplayer game I can think of which “allows” such high fov’s. It also has been known pretty much since release that you could do that and they have never patched it. I could even figure out a pretty blunt fix to not allow any ini editing or using the console at all. Just disable the use of the console in the ini and then encrypt the ini files problem solved. People like me would be very sad though but whatever we are just like 1% of the players anyway. Public server players can finally breath easily and the world of chivalry is saved.

• Pretty sure for a small number of CPUs, though I’m no expert so couldn’t guess which kind, still allow for overclock speed ups. When I played competitively a long while ago, there was one player who, after the ‘fix’, was very obviously enjoying the benefits of overclocking. He wasn’t good so I’m kind of joking when I say enjoying the benefits, he still couldn’t kill anyone.

• I think it was the spin thing at a certain angle, I forgot the spin word last time tbh. As mentioned to day
    on a few ffa servers, some of us don’t have to keep looking over our shoulders when we play, if they
    choose to carry on regardless of complaints and failed votes it simply draws attention to them eventually.
    Scrutiny is a good thing esp in this quality game we all like tbh.

• @loin:

I think it was the spin thing at a certain angle, I forgot the spin word last time tbh. As mentioned to day
    on a few ffa servers, some of us don’t have to keep looking over our shoulders when we play, if they
    choose to carry on regardless of complaints and failed votes it simply draws attention to them eventually.
    Scrutiny is a good thing esp in this quality game we all like tbh.

You mean the lmb crouch drag? Mostly used by zweihander vg’s I believe its mostly because the angle is bit upwards so you have to look down a little to block it. It does look pretty messed up but yeah every drag basically looks weird.

• As tempting as it might be to discuss in micro depth such idiosyncrasies of types of players in question
    such details are best left our for now, that don’t go into depths. Unless TB’s forum sanctions such a public
    airing of this to enable faster spotting on servers of the Ones mentioned in an official thread listing what
    TB does not want to see on servers.

• @loin:

what TB does not want to see on servers.

Maybe TB should declare what they do not want to see, before you go saying it for them.

• You can discuss it all you want (if it’s an actual bug you should just report it). We certainly are under no orders to look out for people who are good at dragging or parrying and none of these things are considered exploits or bannable in any form. If TBS decides to tweak parry boxes at some later date that’s fine but it’s thoroughly not a policable crime.

• what about people that overclock so they can desync all their animations

its like a free speedhack