Problem with trigger volumes and AOC Count pawn
So I’m having a really bad problem atm, for whatever reason, trigger volumes that I create detect everyone as agatha no matter what I do.
I copy pasted the kismet from the example maps and used that. It all looks good, but if I add my own volumes it always detects everyone as agathians. There are 2 volumes, one that detects Masons and one that detects Agathians.
However, if I copy paste trigger volumes from working Chiv maps they work perfectly. BUT, if I edit those volumes by moving them or making them bigger they start to detect everyone as Agathians as well.
Ive tried building geometry,paths, build all, etc and that doesnt seem to fix it.
I’ve had a map I’ve tried to finish for the past 3 days and I can’t because this 1 little thing just won’t work.
Can you post a screenshot of your Kismet setup? Maybe also paste the Count Pawns and the Trigger Volume in here (literally just ctrl-c after selecting in the editor, then paste in here, preferably in code tags)
Begin Object Class=AOCSeqAction_CountPawnsInVolume Name=AOCSeqAction_CountPawnsInVolume_1 InputLinks(0)=(DrawY=597,OverrideDelta=11) OutputLinks(0)=(Links=((LinkedOp=SeqAct_Delay'SeqAct_Delay_228')),DrawY=597,OverrideDelta=11) VariableLinks(0)=(LinkedVariables=(SeqVar_ObjectVolume'SeqVar_ObjectVolume_1'),DrawX=1801,OverrideDelta=16) VariableLinks(1)=(LinkedVariables=(SeqVar_Int'SeqVar_Int_23'),DrawX=1881,OverrideDelta=76) ObjInstanceVersion=1 ParentSequence=Sequence'Main_Sequence' ObjPosX=1763 ObjPosY=563 ObjComment="Agatha" DrawWidth=176 DrawHeight=77 Name="AOCSeqAction_CountPawnsInVolume_1" ObjectArchetype=AOCSeqAction_CountPawnsInVolume'AOC.Default__AOCSeqAction_CountPawnsInVolume' End Object Begin Object Class=SeqVar_ObjectVolume Name=SeqVar_ObjectVolume_1 ObjValue=AOCTriggerVolume'AOCTriggerVolume_1' ObjInstanceVersion=1 ParentSequence=Sequence'Main_Sequence' ObjPosX=1779 ObjPosY=659 DrawWidth=32 DrawHeight=32 Name="SeqVar_ObjectVolume_1" ObjectArchetype=SeqVar_ObjectVolume'Engine.Default__SeqVar_ObjectVolume' End Object Begin Object Class=AOCSeqAction_CountPawnsInVolume Name=AOCSeqAction_CountPawnsInVolume_3 InputLinks(0)=(DrawY=773,OverrideDelta=11) OutputLinks(0)=(DrawY=773,OverrideDelta=11) VariableLinks(0)=(LinkedVariables=(SeqVar_ObjectVolume'SeqVar_ObjectVolume_0'),DrawX=1785,OverrideDelta=16) VariableLinks(1)=(LinkedVariables=(SeqVar_Int'SeqVar_Int_20'),DrawX=1865,OverrideDelta=76) ObjInstanceVersion=1 ParentSequence=Sequence'Main_Sequence' ObjPosX=1747 ObjPosY=739 ObjComment="Mason" DrawWidth=176 DrawHeight=77 Name="AOCSeqAction_CountPawnsInVolume_3" ObjectArchetype=AOCSeqAction_CountPawnsInVolume'AOC.Default__AOCSeqAction_CountPawnsInVolume' End Object Begin Object Class=SeqVar_ObjectVolume Name=SeqVar_ObjectVolume_0 ObjValue=AOCTriggerVolume'AOCTriggerVolume_0' ObjInstanceVersion=1 ParentSequence=Sequence'Main_Sequence' ObjPosX=1779 ObjPosY=838 DrawWidth=32 DrawHeight=32 Name="SeqVar_ObjectVolume_0" ObjectArchetype=SeqVar_ObjectVolume'Engine.Default__SeqVar_ObjectVolume' End Object ```!(http://i.imgur.com/K26CZcp.png) ive also included the map [http://a.pomf.se/andeux.udk](http://a.pomf.se/andeux.udk) i tried reinstalling the game and even using the chiv beta editor to no avail
I seem to recall having this problem before. Can’t remember if I ever solved it though.
Okay I remembered it now, it’s in my horde map. I think I got around it by counting the ‘Agathians’ in the volume at round start and storing it, then waiting until bots_to_spawn == 0 and counted pawns + dead_players == starting_players. That’s probably not much help to you though.
My horde map is on the workshop but is set to friends only but I assume you can get around that if you want another example Crustacean Soup.
ive been trying a similar approach to get around but both teams have players and I have no way to track which is which.
the strange thing is that ive used trigger volumes and the same kismet in maps i made a long time ago and they worked 100% without any issue on the first try before, im not sure what changed
Yeah the trigger volumes have worked fine for me before and since in other maps. It’s just the volumes in that map.
i cant make any volumes that work though, maybe someone else could make them and they would work?
I have a feeling this is something with pawns spawning inside the volume (they’re generating a touch event before their teams are set). If I shrink the volume and walk into / out of it, there’s no issue.
What are you trying to do with this exactly? You could, I dunno, loop through all pawns in a volume (or all pawns in the game, using “Get Player At Index” and “Get Number of Players”; we added these in the last patch after I decided I wanted to loop over all players for some reason and wanted to approach it in a “programmery” way because I don’t like Kismet), then use the “Is Team” condition to check what team they’re on before incrementing a team counter.
Here’s an example of just counting pawns on each team without resorting to using a huge trigger volume. Note that “Get Number of Players” and “Get Player at Index” are both set to “Pawn”:
(All of the “Add Int” nodes are adding 1 + the variable, then saving it back to the variable. I’m bad at Kismet, I don’t know if there’s a “more Kismety” way of doing this, but this works)
And that Kismet in map form: https://mega.co.nz/#!GAE20AKQ!vlGRxfz85Dz3SljAnpucEa5LU33XJ9d4sG1IKSGTL6w