The Admin abusers of chivalry - Hanging them out on the forums

• Lol im so mad, i think people should post the name/info about admin abusers in this game. Fair deal right?
    Please use this thread to hangout awfull powerhungry adminabusers, with proof ofcourse.

• We don’t really need to call people out here.

Players are welcome to use their own servers however they want… if the admins/owners are dicks, just don’t play on them.

• If its on an official server at least you can report it. I have just reported one incident on an official server of a vote troll to TB.
    Some times a more direct route is best.

private servers might be approachable to the server hosters who rent them out. Try that route for private servers tbh.
    These companies that rent out servers actually do pride themselves and reputations , often in the small print they can
    revoke a private server and all fee’s are lost as a consequence.

• I run a server and whaddeva, I do what I want……

• @Retsnom:

I run a server and whaddeva, I do what I want……

if you dont like it dont play there

• I also run a near 24/7 Qlive server. That aside I know of some companies that infact evoked servers if they
    considered the server was bring its reputation as a server/renter into disrepute. The extreme was an outfit
    yrs back was caught infact placing disguised as a server update, into the gamers folder which effected the
    server browser to only show their servers hehe.

• lmao that reminds me of those viruses you could get joining the wrong server in gmod

you’d download a LUA file that would make you do hilarious things

• @loin:

If its on an official server at least you can report it. I have just reported one incident on an official server of a vote troll to TB.
    Some times a more direct route is best.

private servers might be approachable to the server hosters who rent them out. Try that route for private servers tbh.
    These companies that rent out servers actually do pride themselves and reputations , often in the small print they can
    revoke a private server and all fee’s are lost as a consequence.

I never see official admins anymore, TBS got rid of them by the looks of it. So now, if you play well, prepare to suffer the successful kick vote of that one butthurt single digit ranker in a round of FFA.

• I used to run a 4vs4 LTS+TO server but got tired of the many disputes.
    Usually I only log in as an admin with the ‘hidden’ command.
    However, it takes only 1 person to know you’re an admin to force you to be involved into every single chat warfare. I grew tired of people trying to persuade the admin on their side even though I was planning on just ignoring the chat forever.

I rented the server in the first place for the sole sake of playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and FINALLY being able to get back at people who’d try to hijack a server. In these events I’d always use a combination of commands to let them think I’m invincible in FFA, have them believe they’re lagging out, mysteriously cancel any votekick attempts, etc.
    But I ended up playing too much Chivalry: Kindergarten Debate.

So in short, I don’t see the problem with dick admins. I don’t consider myself to have been a dick admin to the ones who didn’t deserve it, but I guess in the end all you can do is switch servers if you don’t like the admin.

What are ye gonna do, votekick him?

• @Rickvs:

I used to run a 4vs4 LTS+TO server but got tired of the many disputes.
    However, it takes only 1 person to know you’re an admin to force you to be involved into every single chat warfare. I grew tired of people trying to persuade the admin on their side even though I was planning on just ignoring the chat forever.

I rented the server in the first place for the sole sake of playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and FINALLY being able to get back at people who’d try to hijack a server. In these events I’d always use a combination of commands to let them think I’m invincible in FFA, have them believe they’re lagging out, mysteriously cancel any votekick attempts, etc.

So in short, I don’t see the problem with dick admins. I don’t consider myself to have been a dick admin to the ones who didn’t deserve it, but I guess in the end all you can do is switch servers if you don’t like the admin.

Hmm I never really got any of the "give commands to work. I would be interested in the commands you are using. Most simply don’t work in Chiv. but I have no problem logging in as admin, no need to hide it. It shows up and they usually get the picture real quick.

• @Rickvs:

I used to run a 4vs4 LTS+TO server but got tired of the many disputes.

Don’t take a side lol. Make it clear you’re kicking the both of them if they don’t shut up.

• @Retsnom:

Hmm I never really got any of the "give commands to work.

/give Rickvs cobblestone 1

Nah sorry, which commands in particular?

• @Walter:

I never see official admins anymore, TBS got rid of them by the looks of it.

I saw mskittyana (whatever the name is) perma ban a hacker few days ago. Over the last month seen Oh logged on a fair bit but not sure his javelin is really working out. Never seen other admins over the last year, perhaps there are some on the Euro side.

I don’t really find the servers too bad, there are some perpetual assholes but not too many and usually get votekicked by the community.

• the best admins are the ones with the handsoff approach

they will only ban you for griefing your teammates or hacking

• @zombojoe:

the best admins are the ones with the handsoff approach

they will only ban you for griefing your teammates or hacking

This.

When I was a server admin, I only ever banned people if they were hacking.

My process was,

3 warnings, a kick, another kick if repeated then ban.

Which is more than someone should get but I tried making things fair for all. It’s always good to look at both sides of the coin.

• No warning ban works too. They know what they are doing is wrong. They’ll just do it again when you leave or if they change servers.

• We have a stricter approach: Racist language (for any reason) = Ban. Intentional TKing = Ban.
    It’s on the MOTD of the server for when people join
    If someone is banned it may be permanent or temporary. If a ban is made they can appeal it on the website (usually if they just do a ‘it won’t happen again’ type post, it’s lifted with exception of the more serious offences).

Likewise players on the server can report admin powers abuse to me - with evidence. We often get reports, but very rarely get anything with evidence and have only had to remove a handful of admins.

It’s a fairly simplistic system but at least it leads to consistency.

• @MonkeyFiend:

We have a stricter approach: Racist language (for any reason) = Ban. Intentional TKing = Ban.
    It’s on the MOTD of the server for when people join
    If someone is banned it may be permanent or temporary. If a ban is made they can appeal it on the website (usually if they just do a ‘it won’t happen again’ type post, it’s lifted with exception of the more serious offences).

Likewise players on the server can report admin powers abuse to me - with evidence. We often get reports, but very rarely get anything with evidence and have only had to remove a handful of admins.

It’s a fairly simplistic system but at least it leads to consistency.

I wonder where stalking people you don’t like, abusing the player find tool and trying to enforce a global official server ban (because thankfully, and for good reason obviously, you don’t have that power) as well as trying to goad people for justification of banning fits in to the “fairly simplistic system” where the only consistency is how shit it is.

:^)

• @KILLBANDS:

I wonder where stalking people you don’t like, abusing the player find tool and trying to enforce a global official server ban (because thankfully, and for good reason obviously, you don’t have that power) as well as trying to goad people for justification of banning fits in to the “fairly simplistic system” where the only consistency is how shit it is.

:^)

Abusing the player find tool?? What player find tool?

Admin “stalking” is also fine. It’s called a watch list. Get a number of reports on a player with no hard evidence. You join his game and see if the accusations hold true. For the good of the community as a whole. Don’t break the rules and you won’t have a problem with any admins following you around.

Baiting people into bans isn’t good. A bannable offense in itself on most servers.

Personally I think the official moderators should get more powers. Warning people over and over again doesn’t work.

• My comment related to the system used on SM servers, although your reply is aimed more at the official servers.

Anyway, the reason pointless accusations always fail is there’s never any proof. If you think I’ve been goading people in order to ban them, I’m sure you (and many others!) would have screenshotted it in a heartbeat and be spamming every public place/tornbanner with gleeful self righteousness.

Instead you post vague accusations. meh

At the end of the day, if any mod recommends a global ban we would make sure their evidence to back it up, usually in the form of videos or screenshots which the devs are free to review. Anyone that recommends a ban for some sort of personal reason would get pulled up really quickly.

When we receive reports about a player using racist language/griefing/tking etc., we do usually go to check that player out. A lot of the time (for TKers especially) by the time you join a server they’ve been votekicked. But any sane person would go and check them out on whichever server they join next. That’s about the limit of said ‘stalking’ - unless you honestly believe I’d rather be wasting many hours following childish little rule breakers around rather than playing?