Archer Cancer is a real thing! Stay on topic this time…

• not allowed to say cancer on the forums anymore m8. gotta call it ebola

• call it virgo or leo instead plz.

• @kanGuru:

not allowed to say cancer on the forums anymore m8. gotta call it ebola

ebola is offensive

• Arching somebody you can’t beat in melee is the ultimate easy win fuck you scenario, like GTA Rocket Launchers.

• I play vanguard nowadays and I refuse to switch to a shield just because of archers.

Archers are cheap killers and coupled with fast melee weapons and fast movement speed are completely evil.

168 damage from an archer… so fucking annoying.

Removed flinch - it still completely screws you up interrupting your combo or parry or something to get you killed.

When I finally charge down an archer (usually with barely any health as they hit me) I have to feint (and dont feel bad about it) otherwise they parry and riposte with the speed of light. And if they do hit you I am still in parry recovery when that next attack comes in. I also think dagger two hits a vanguard with overhead to the head.

Overall they are probably the only thing that really needs to be fixed.

If I do take archer (which is occasionally nowadays) I feel overpowered and evil and I feel sorry for the people I hit.

I feel stupid with every game I have to constantly run in circles to avoid any archering.

They have a place in the game but

• remove zoom
    • reduce damage 25%
    • give them flinch back

• the flinch is dumb, it will cancel your parries and combos

either it flinches everything or it flinches nothing none of this inbetween nonsense

• Fuck archers. Scum of the earth, bane of all honorable fighters, the spawn of flies who leech off the exertions of better players then themselves. I would gladly spam F10 if it meant that with every death, some random archer, friend or foe, would explode into a thousand giblets without warning.

• It’s best fun to play vanguard on offense on 24 player, 4 archer limit servers that are not full, so between 8-10 enemies you have 4 archers and 4-6 melee players.

• Archers are in a pretty good spot in Merc’s mod, at least. Although, if I was really only concerned about catering to my own bias, they would only exist in the deepest hollows of hell- along with AIDS and backswings.

• @zombojoe:

either it flinches everything or it flinches nothing none of this inbetween nonsense

yeah but tbs doesnt know how to code either of those things properly

• The cure for Archer Cancer

Melee:
    Allow archer to be 1 hit by every primary weapon if they get hit in the back
    Increase weapon switch time
    Allow archers kick with bow in hand
    Reduce armor/health by 10%
    Archers take additional 5% damage with successful parry from the top 5 heavy and slowest weapons - Maul, Polehammer, Halberd, Double axe, Zwie (maybe a couple more)

Arching:
    Stamina drain when drawing the bow (percentage) divided by the number of arrows
    Allow archers to sprint while loading and shooting (exception X-bow reloading of course)
    Remove zoom, Remove crosshair
    Increase range of arrows but lower the speed

Other
    Fix Kick
    Fix chase mechanic
    Archer limits 4 per side per 24 man server - but if the above was implemented then no archer limit.

See how easy that is to balance the archers? Jav is another story though and not quite sure how to balance it but maybe the above would be enough.

Whoot I cured archer anal cancer!

• @DaciaJC:

Fuck archers. Scum of the earth, bane of all honorable fighters, the spawn of flies who leech off the exertions of better players then themselves.

Flattery will get you nowhere

• the louder you are about archers, the more it makes me want to shoot you

• @Le:

the louder you are about archers, the more it makes me want to shoot you

Archer cancer!

• The game has been out what, 2½ years (approx.) and TBS has officially said that there will be no more balance changes and now you are starting to realize this?

I’m sorry but too little too late. Archers will always be OP in vanilla and there is nothing you can do about it.

• @Kreittis:

The game has been out what, 2½ years (approx.) and TBS has officially said that there will be no more balance changes and now you are starting to realize this?

I’m sorry but too little too late. Archers will always be OP in vanilla and there is nothing you can do about it.

archers are OP in mercs

• The idea of having high velocity ranged unblockables in a melee oriented game is not very bright.

• wow jeez guys just serpentine

• @Xylvion:

The idea of having high velocity ranged unblockables in a melee oriented game is not very bright.

thats why deadliest warrior is the far superior game

• @Xylvion:

The idea of having high velocity ranged unblockables in a melee oriented game is not very bright.

Still not called Chivalry: Melee Warfare.