Chivalry Community Brabble

• Developer

Welcome to the first of a series of new blogs on the global community of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. This update, we’ve got a kickboxing mod, Chivalry-inspired DJing, a rank calculator and more.

Dragging on the decks

https://youtu.be/Z8Z3Nq88aYs

Portuguese DJ Stereossauro took Samurai voice-over audio from Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior and made something truly glorious for the DMC Online DJ championship.

Warmod updates

First released in 2014, awesome combat mod Warmod by Omar War Orge has added weapon clashing, half swording and equipable war banners that add buffs to nearby players.

Beauty is (an arrow) in the eye of the beholder

https://youtu.be/xnawQ73vOLc

Each time we’ve played this song in the Torn Banner office, there hasn’t been a dry eye in sight. Well done, Slaughter Vomit, for finding true beauty in one of the most reviled of Chivalry classes, the Archer.

Ye Olde Workshoppe

Jason Lavoie, whose Man-at-Arms broadsword The Kin Slayer was included in the last official Chivalry patch as UGC content, is hard at work on another stellar-looking archer set. Work-in-progress pictured above.

The Gauntlet, a weekly Chivalry competitive stream

https://youtu.be/5oaNj1CnroY

Well-organized Chivalry players have set up a weekly competitive timeslot (Saturdays at 2pm EST) called The Gauntlet. Join in the conversation on the Chivalry subreddit to get yourself into the stream!

Multi-medieval

https://youtu.be/YIcFt4Y__2c

HEXEN ACI, who artfully describes the battering ram as a “dildo cart” in this video, has put together a terrific Youtube series focused on both Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and Early Access game Medieval Engineers.

New class: Kanye West

Okay, this isn’t technically Chivalry related - but this mock up from phillikesstuff on Tumblr makes the Louis Vuitton Don look like he’s wandered straight out of a round of Team Objective.

It’s JCVD time

This kickboxing mod by Space Wolf brings a ton of depth to unarmed combat in Chivalry. It’s shaping up nicely, with future plans for separate weight categories and even a fight server with tournaments and prizes.

Rank up

Need to calculate how many kills you are away from ranking up? Redditor ThraShErDDoS made this handy rank calculator. Keep at it!

Talk to us!

If you’ve recorded a hilarious new video or have a stunningly stupid screenshot to show off, do get in touch. Don’t make us say “prithee”. Lots of ways to tell us about your stuff:

Community Content thread on the Torn Banner forum
    Subreddit
    Steam Community
    Chivalry or Torn Banner on Twitter

• Very very good tbh I like this thread.

• Awesome stuff!

Are you our new community manager by any chance? :>

• I assume that like all the other TB “firsts” this will also be the last ;)

Warmod looks pretty cool.

• Developer

@Vesanus:

Awesome stuff!

Are you our new community manager by any chance? :>

I’m the new Brand Manager guy. Pleased to meetchas!

• @playerhayter:

Pleased to meetchas!

Are you? Sounds like you hayt us.

• @dudeface:

I assume that like all the other TB “firsts” this will also be the last ;)

Warmod looks pretty cool.

They have actually been doing stuff like this on facebook for ages. Like once every 2-3 days, several times a week anyway. Even comedy YouTube videos.

Just this forum is full of hate, abuse and general negativity lol. I don’t blame them for not doing anything like this here.

• Cool post, thanks for the info. Just weird to see actual personality from a TB representative when it’s usually just angrily maintained silence.

• @lemonater47:

They have actually been doing stuff like this on facebook for ages. Like once every 2-3 days, several times a week anyway. Even comedy YouTube videos.

Just this forum is full of hate, abuse and general negativity lol. I don’t blame them for not doing anything like this here.

Ah cool. At least there’s something out there, then.
    Not many people reading these forums anyway.

• Poster #7 changes sides faster then the UK weather tbh. I have some very good ideas for TB like mr kiplings very good cakes.
    A Quality brand of cake idd

• @loin:

Poster #7 changes sides faster then the UK weather tbh.

Loin making me laugh?

• @loin:

Poster #7 changes sides faster then the UK weather tbh. I have some very good ideas for TB like mr kiplings very good cakes.
    A Quality brand of cake idd

I don’t have a side there isn’t any sides. There’s peoples opinions and facts. That’s it.

• Wow, cool stuff. Looking forward to more of these.

• Around 180k kills so far, felt like I had more.

So hello new community guy, can you convince Torn Banner to do more balance updates for Chivalry?

• @SOC:

Around 180k kills so far, felt like I had more.

So hello new community guy, can you convince Torn Banner to do more balance updates for Chivalry?

This (archers).

Not really sure why a new community manager, the game is kind of end of life as in they are doing a few bug fixes, adding some custom content but not much more.

Personally I don’t need much more, I think the game is fine and happy for TBS to work on their new project - but I would like archers tweaked (http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/23402-Archer-Cancer-is-a-real-thing!-Stay-on-topic-this-time)

The forum is pretty much dead - lemon, loin and oy keep it going but not sure any of them play the game…

• Hello new community manager guy.

Maybe you can convince the devs to actually care and take a look at Gauntlet and I’s videos about weapons phasing through enemies in this thread.

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/23330-Weapons-Phasing-Through-Enemies

• Developer

@lemonater47:

Yep, I’m the one who’ll continue posting content across all of our interweb presences. Community stuff is a pretty central part of my job! Even if I don’t get to respond to everything going on in these forums, I’ll certainly be reading everything and passing on any feedback I can.

• news on unannounced UE4 project when???

• Welcome new guy.

With all due respect to TB, it’s good that they finally got someone to handle all the social media stuff. They have been trying, but to have someone focus on it, give updates and the works is nice. Long ago we had a community manager, Kimi who essentially did all that but since her departure there hasn’t really been anyone to fill in the void.

I look forward to seeing what you do and how you plan to connect the community together, and to TB, also to further push the TB brand. :)

• Hello and Welcome!