BETA - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 37 (Chivalry vs. Depth)

• Developer

– If you own Depth on Steam, you’ll be able to test out the following special items in Chivalry Beta. –

Prepare to don your pigskin wetsuits, fair squires and maids! This update we’ve teamed up with the Depth team to bring you exclusive shark-themed content in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

Owners of Depth will unlock the following items:

• Great Bite, a Vanguard helmet with open/closed variants
    • Deepfang, a replacement for the Morningstar

Two Chivalry-themed medieval items will also appear in Depth: the Thrusting Dagger and Spear.

Fixes

• Drunken Bazaar

• fixed invisible walls outside final top floor mason spawns.
    • Stoneshill

• fixed lightshafts colliding with weapons in the barracks.
    • Citadel

• fixed positioning of burning oil splashes.
        removed BSP cube
    • Cove

• LTS: repositioned all spawns so they are no longer protected, also increased spawns to 16 per team. Rebuilt lighting.
      • fixed floatylegs and weapon/decal collision on water. Fixed bad collision around torches inside cathedral.
    • Castleassault

• fix to potential bug where you potentially can’t hit the gates from certain angles due to overlapping collision
    • Irilla

• removed collision from cobwebs, fixed sticky collision on rocks on side stairs to dungeon, fixed floating catapult.
    • Shore

• removed client-side only tag on boat matinee
    • Colosseum

• reverted rock collision

• Well that is kinda suprising. :)

Any ETA when this patch goes live?

• Developer

@Vesanus:

Well that is kinda suprising. :)

Any ETA when this patch goes live?

Live in the Beta now, as for Chiv: MW… 'tis my little secret! But very soon.

• Please find my Italian translation in the dedicated section :)

• So can you tell the devs most of us don’t want any more fantasy garbage like shark helms and themed weapons? Or at least give us an option to turn off the customization so we aren’t forced to see it?

I guess the one good thing about this Shark thing is that it will hopefully bring more noobs to the game especially during summer sale.

• What is this Depth thing.? Any chance of a panama hat for Knights yet tibby?

• An underwater adventure game with Sharks…

• Very interesting but not my cup of tea tbh. What they could do is a project with Counterstrike so we end up
    with a Quality Chivalry of fov 90. Our Archers are removed and placed in Counterstrike to be shot by snipers
    with real guns and machine guns or even blown up hehe. We could also have the voices from Rise of the Triad
    game.

• @loin:

Very interesting but not my cup of tea tbh. What they could do is a project with Counterstrike so we end up
    with a Quality Chivalry of fov 90. Our Archers are removed and placed in Counterstrike to be shot by snipers
    with real guns and machine guns or even blown up hehe. We could also have the voices from Rise of the Triad
    game.

Mate, stop forcing linebreaks at the end of your text editor’s line width. Every computer and every mobile phone have different linewidths.

What you’re doing is literally making your posts nigh incomprehensible.

Also depth isn’t a game affiliated with tornbanner, this patch is basically the two games sponsoring each other, attempting to share their playerbase. There was a similar patch released for depth.

I’ve seen the trailers for the game depth, but never bothered to truly check it. Like you said; interesting, but not my cup of tea.

• I bought depth and i wasn’t my cup of tea either tbh.

I found both sides I just died heaps and the mechanics of the game were incredibly boring and frustrating.

• @MrGrumps:

Mate, stop forcing linebreaks at the end of your text editor’s line width. Every computer and every mobile phone have different linewidths.

What you’re doing is literally making your posts nigh incomprehensible.

Also depth isn’t a game affiliated with tornbanner, this patch is basically the two games sponsoring each other, attempting to share their playerbase. There was a similar patch released for depth.

I’ve seen the trailers for the game depth, but never bothered to truly check it. Like you said; interesting, but not my cup of tea.

Its the sites auto format all I do is type. The only thing beyond incomprehensible is your stupidity tbh as is that posterguy.
    I don’t see why 2 studio’s should not help each other out to stay afloat do you? Some plebs enjoy playing with tuna in the sea.

• I know, I never said sharing their playerbase is a bad thing, on the contraire.
    But the games aren’t even closely related, so the fact that they did it with depth of all games baffles me.

And no, it’s not the site’s autoformat. You’re the only one it happens to.

• Info for mappers:

Check your e-mail and remember to sign your PDF’s and send them to Steve. I almost forgot about that! :)

• @loin:

Very interesting but not my cup of tea tbh. What they could do is a project with Counterstrike so we end up
    game.

Doesn’t counterstrike use yFOV whereas chivalry uses xFOV? That means that 90 fov in CS would be like 110ish in Chivalry tbh hehe.

• I might purchase Depth at the end of the week for a quick jaunt. As Far as I know Fov changing in CS was worthy of a ban.
    Some actually resorted to using scripts to by pass fov but if caught were also banned. It is a game changer in any game
    the fov increase to the extreme etc.

• @loin:

I might purchase Depth at the end of the week for a quick jaunt. As Far as I know Fov changing in CS was worthy of a ban.
    Some actually resorted to using scripts to by pass fov but if caught were also banned. It is a game changer in any game
    the fov increase to the extreme etc.

What are you talking about?
    There is an fov slider in the game that goes from 70 to 90
    But because it’s vertical fov the chiv equivalent is 100 to 120.

• Any news on the patch and upcoming UE4 project?

• @Vesanus:

Any news on the patch and upcoming UE4 project?

Ditto to this. I was hoping the patch would have been out by now. Must be a bunch of bugs to fix still.

In saying that.

I forgot to fix up spawns in Colosseum back in the day, where players spawn next to the hammer totems on the outter most part of the arena. They just need to be moved slightly so players don’t spawn and immediately get whacked by those nasty hammers :)

• @Otreum:

Ditto to this. I was hoping the patch would have been out by now. Must be a bunch of bugs to fix still.

In saying that.

I forgot to fix up spawns in Colosseum back in the day, where players spawn next to the hammer totems on the outter most part of the arena. They just need to be moved slightly so players don’t spawn and immediately get whacked by those nasty hammers :)

wheres the fun in that?!

• I almost can afford to buy a tank on gta 5 online. Torn banner. You’re about to lose me.