Everything still feels clunky and unresponsive

• I’ll just get straight into what I think is wrong here: every single animation on any weapon is not in sync with it’s respective tracer. The worse one being the Warhammer, and perhaps the HWS as well. The Warhammer overheads hit you before you even see release starting, and the HWS stab hits almost as soon as the weapon is raised for an attack that isn’t cancelled.

The other weapons in the game just, in my opinion, feel extremely bugged and the server quality overall doesn’t do this any justice either. By bugged, I mean it looks like a really sloppy animation that hasn’t been smoothed as all of them look really choppy to me, mainly 2h swords. I know the recent patch goal was to make the game feel more smooth and responsive with that turnspeed fix, but I still feel there has to be more work done there. Not all weapons turn at a speed they really should be able to. For example, a Halberd stab turns dreadfully slow when you are trying to stab that guy who only has to hold down A or D to “dodge” your attack.

Ultimately, it’s just that it doesn’t feel right, fighting feels extremely restricted compared to what the game used to be like in mid-2013. I still genuinely think the way the game felt just under 2 years ago was much better than it is now, as I have tried an old version that I saved back in the day on a tunngle server with a couple of friends, who agree they can’t fault the turnspeed and the fact that it felt better back then than it does now. What was the turnspeed nerf supposed to resolve anyway? It just caused more problems than it solved, because animations had to be messed about with to be in-line with this new turncap, and there is no doubt in my mind that that opened a can of worms from about 7 patches ago, which is still making players suffer, especially those that enjoy(ed) FFA.

• Like this?
    Or something else?

• @Rickvs:

Like this?
    Or something else?

That’s pretty much how the game has played for me for the last year or more. One of the main reasons I gave up on it.

• Exactly like that, it’s becoming a bit of a joke now that TBS haven’t noticed this.

• You idiots do realise that the black knight mod changes how everything looks. The physics espicially.

• @lemonater47:

You idiots do realise that the black knight mod changes how everything looks. The physics espicially.

Lemon pls, we’re not stupid.
    The only reason I recorded it in Black Knight mod is because I didn’t have the game installed at the time of reporting so I had to make due with stock footage.

I very much doubt Walter and Gndo played Black Knight 24/7.

• It happens quite frequently in vanilla, might be ping/packet loss related for all I know though.

• I think this is when I first encountered this issue: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/19612-Who-else-is-getting-stuttering-lag-animations

Game hasn’t really looked right since.

• @gndo:

I think this is when I first encountered this issue: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/19612-Who-else-is-getting-stuttering-lag-animations

Game hasn’t really looked right since.

I remember that. It was really really really messed up tho. Like animations not starting and then suddenly skipping frames from windup to release and shit. Far worse than the video ITT (which honestly isn’t much dif. from how chiv looks to me on a daily basis).

• @Rickvs:

Lemon pls, we’re not stupid.
    The only reason I recorded it in Black Knight mod is because I didn’t have the game installed at the time of reporting so I had to make due with stock footage.

I very much doubt Walter and Gndo played Black Knight 24/7.

Yeah but the other guys were saying its “exactly” what happens when they play. When it isn’t.

• @dudeface:

I remember that. It was really really really messed up tho. Like animations not starting and then suddenly skipping frames from windup to release and shit. Far worse than the video ITT (which honestly isn’t much dif. from how chiv looks to me on a daily basis).

Oh, I’m not saying it’s as bad as back then, but it never really was completely right ever since, in my experience.
    @lemonater47:

Yeah but the other guys were saying its “exactly” what happens when they play. When it isn’t.

Don’t be so pedantic.

• Does the “animation lod-bias” setting change anything? I get that it’s for determining the quality of animations in the distance but does changing that affect the way the game looks overall? It seems like a fairly new addition and ever since it’s addition the game has never looked right :/

• I tried setting it to low once, the opponents sword just kept hitting during windup.

• I know I’ve reached my skill ceiling in Chiv pretty much. I could get better at feint reading and usage but aside from that, the rest of the skill ceiling is how best to hide these already shitty animations. LMB polearm riposte when you turn into it is one example. Starting an OH sword attack while looking up, feinting, and looking down so the animation still looks like you’re swinging. It’s pretty much all bullshit from my skill level on out (in my opinion). Some people may think that mastering the shitty animations is fun. These days I just dick around in FFA a couple times a week.

Oh and that video you posted of frame skipping happens to me pretty much every day in vanilla.

• if u want a real competitive game go play tf2

• @zombojoe:

if u want a real competitive game go play tf2

TF3 is better tbh.

• The only balanced comp game ever made is Mario Kart.

• @Oy:

The only balanced comp game ever made is Mario Kart.

Crash Team Racing is far more balanced than mario cart.

• Divekick, mate. Divekick is the only balanced comp game. Hell it doesn’t even use more than 2 buttons so it’s kinda hard to screw up character balance.

• The problem is that games are based on real life, and RL is the most poorly designed, unbalanced thing I know of. I mean, look at modern day Africa and tell me that isn’t a shitty spawn. So many griefers camping with OP guns, and even the water is bugged. Wouldn’t want to spawn in most of Asia either. Even the top clan leaders are assholes, like that Putin guy. We need a balance patch to fix most of it, but god is the shittiest dev ever, like Chiv’s old coder but worse.