Poll: Turnspeed. Increase it or leave it the same?

• Simple poll. I’ll outline facts for everyone to see what they’d get if TBS changed it or not.

**Increasing it:

**Pros -

• The game will feel better, play better, and would no longer be an affront to PC gaming (because restricting the use of a players mouse is just not right to an extent)
    • You would rarely experience what I call “locking up” (the patch claims to have fixed this, but some weapons and classes still suffer from it. Try swinging the halberd at the same speed in the other direction after hitting someone in ffa with an alternate swing.
    • It would feel as smooth as the game did in mid 2013. Is it just me, or does everyone else remember the summer 2013 patch as the one that fixed everything that was addressed as a major issue at the time? Right now, I think TBS have really gone overboard with the changes that have been made up until this patch.

Cons -

• May heighten the skill ceiling. But this is hardly a con as players can easily adapt, especially if it actually feels better rather than worse. See Crushed’s balance mod, not sure if it’s useable in the game at the moment but he increased the turnspeed value and the game felt so much more fluid.
    • May require the animations to be remade, but if this can really be considered a con then it can also be said that TBS are now, matter-of-factly, lazy. The game is a bit of a clusterf**k just now but a good developer can tidy things up… with a bit of caffeine perhaps?

Leaving it the same:

**Pros -

• The game would feel as it does now, and reverse overheads and basically any other “fancy” attack (accelerated LMB, stabs around the hitbox etc) would be slightly less difficult to parry (because the turn speed is effectively slower and gives the player more time to react). It would be easier to parry it but harder to dodge it. As a side note where turnspeed would be increased, it would be an idea to marginally increase the player collision bubble to make dodging these kinds of attacks a bit easier.

Cons -

• Fighting in FFA would not be fluid. Attacks would still hit you before the release timer finishes, you’d still suffer claymore hits that you never even noticed, and you will only ever be able to enjoy cherry-picking or dueling people. The reason I think this would change if the turnspeed was increased is because you would more easily be able to see where an attack is coming from. 80% of the weapon animations in this game are marginally slower than it’s respective tracer, so would it not make more sense for the animations to be sped up (effectively increasing the turnspeed) to be in-line with the new turnspeed so that players can be even more certain of blocking at the correct time?

• Not as far as it was back then, but it definatly has to be higher to make non-swords more viable. Poleaxe will be the new meta with such a change most likely.

• slow turn rates with poleaxe are funny you can literally run past it if you fall for its feints

• Increasing CERTAIN weapons’ turnspeeds is fine, but increasing all of them across the board is a horrible idea.

• not sure why we’re talking about ffa

• @Xylvion:

Not as far as it was back then, but it definatly has to be higher to make non-swords more viable. Poleaxe will be the new meta with such a change most likely.

That’s a matter of rebalance then, something we were always in favour of.
    But we do not want a global increase in turnspeed.
    Sword turnspeed right now is at a near optimal state. Any faster would make it way too easy to follow your opponent’s footwork.

Also, there’s this retarded lmb drag that you can drag above your opponent and back into him after the swing already passed him. Right now that drag is almost impossible to perform but it’s still a thing. Increasing the turnspeed even just a bit would essentially make the turnspeed significantly faster than the speed of the swing, allowing you to pretty much reverse the direction of the tracer.

So yeah, specific weapons need a turnspeed boost. But many weapons don’t, and should be accounted for.

Edit:
    @SOC:

not sure why we’re talking about ffa

Also that. You’re talking about a core mechanic that’ll directly affect all gamemodes. Why mention FFA?

• what the fuck have you done to chiv

• @MrGrumps:

That’s a matter of rebalance then, something we were always in favour of.
    But we do not want a global increase in turnspeed.
    Sword turnspeed right now is at a near optimal state. Any faster would make it way too easy to follow your opponent’s footwork.

Also, there’s this retarded lmb drag that you can drag above your opponent and back into him after the swing already passed him. Right now that drag is almost impossible to perform but it’s still a thing. Increasing the turnspeed even just a bit would essentially make the turnspeed significantly faster than the speed of the swing, allowing you to pretty much reverse the direction of the tracer.

So yeah, specific weapons need a turnspeed boost. But many weapons don’t, and should be accounted for.

Edit:

Also that. You’re talking about a core mechanic that’ll directly affect all gamemodes. Why mention FFA?

It was just an example of where the increase in turnspeed would, IMHO, fair the best if it was to be increased. In short, 1 vs Many fights would be better. I just feel that TBS need to stop beating around the bush by trying to fix it in other ways, such as recently removing the coefficient that gradually slowed turning speed when changing attack direction. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, in fact it’s a step in the right direction, but they really need to get into the nitty-gritty and change what would have fixed it in the first place.

• You can already do a 360 swing with the current turn cap. So I think it’s fine.

Locking up will still happen regardless of the speed.

• Don’t really care about turnspeed, I can work with it.

• Poll doesn’t have enough options. Yes I want a turnspeed increase but only on shitty, undraggable weapons like the poleaxe. Swords need no buffs.

• @Xanith:

Poll doesn’t have enough options. Yes I want a turnspeed increase but only on shitty, undraggable weapons like the poleaxe. Swords need no buffs.

I was about to say the same, only tweak the weapons that turn speed sucks on, halberd, poleaxe, what else? Still go to fix the crazy mouse spin for no reason. I think it happens when I am doing a drag and then accelerate into a parry and the charactor goes ape shit.

but if I was to fix anything? Archers first, fix kick and then fix the god awful chase mechanic

• TB has abandoned the game, what do you even think this thread would accomplish? Also lol @ if devs don’t remake the animations 3 years after the game’s release, they’re lazy pricks.

Just play something else and wait for slasher