MERCS Asking YOU for opinions on current build!

• Hello. We’ve gone through a bunch of builds since the Balance Council first started meeting and we’ve gotten things to a point where we are starting to like them. Now we’re making a concentrated effort on getting YOUR feedback. There’s already a reddit thread but we’d like to reach out to the official forums as well and see what your opinons are on the matter.

Remember: As much as we’d like to do more, so far what we are doing is trying to balance primarily by number changing. This means things like javelin bug, shield bugs, etc. aren’t any different from live for the most part and won’t be fixed for a while if ever (unless YOU are a super awesome programmer who wants to help out that is :P).

So yeah, lets keep it civil and try to get some productive opinions. Lets try to keep this from devolving into insults and accusations of idiocy as well.

• TBS should take a leaf out of your book and get some feedback on their game… millions of archers posts and still no response.

• archers are still OP

• Maa not having to read feints and dodge out of active parry is not balanced. Also I don’t think I’ve spent enough time using 1h axes and blunts to say for certain but I don’t remember those weapons phasing through enemies in live so I’m not sure why they got handle hits like the 2h weapons did. If I’m wrong and those weapons do phase through at close range without handle hits then they should be rebalanced around the fact that they now hit incredibly fast at close range and not receive damage buffs like they did.

Dodge and first hit flinch is just a real bitch to try and balance around but I haven’t talked to a single person except for one or two of the few MAA mains from back when everyone still played live who thinks MAA isn’t the best class in mercs.

Sow is also still a really broken weapon and will remain to be so until stab feints are effectively nerfed or the stab damage is reduced until it’s useless. I love the new Gmace but I think it’s fair to say it’s a little too good now but it’s completely useless against Maa so there’s that going against it…

Anyways you asked for my opinion and there you have it. If someone think I’m wrong don’t bother telling me why you won’t change my mind and I don’t care enough about this game anymore to argue my point.

• "MAA isn’t the best class in mercs. "

It’s very clearly vanguard with knight in 2nd and maa/archer in the ‘who cares’ column although that norse buff recently gifted MAA all around the world with the powers of flinching via the norse master montage maker sword.

PS: Don’t want dodge in game anymore, want buffed top run speed for long distance running to objectives and flanking + ability to run sideways OR I want my sprint key to use stamina and make me go faster.

• @Sir:

"MAA isn’t the best class in mercs. "

It’s very clearly vanguard with knight in 2nd and maa/archer in the ‘who cares’ column although that norse buff recently gifted MAA all around the world with the powers of flinching via the norse master montage maker sword.

PS: Don’t want dodge in game anymore, want buffed top run speed for long distance running to objectives and flanking + ability to run sideways OR I want my sprint key to use stamina and make me go faster.

MAA is very powerful right now. Clans have been throwing out double MAA in scrims lately.

I do agree that removing dodge and giving the MAA a little bit of a speed buff sounds like a good idea. Dodge is a very gimmicky mechanic. I don’t think that it’s OP though when you don’t use dodge out of parry. Maybe a change like this would be too much and we might as well just go off and create another game at this point. If you remove dodge out of parry and put a longer cooldown between dodges then I think that the MAA class will be balanced along with some weapon changes.

• I was playing vanilla chiv one of these days when this happened: I’m full health, greatsword VG, my opponent is a messer knight, one hit to death. I get stunned due poor stamina managerino, he overheads me and combo into a accelerated overhead. I thought I was dead so I crouch, look down and overhead.

To my surprise I hit him first, he dies. Makes me think, if it was in mercs and we both get full health, I could interrupt messer combos with greatsword accelerated overhead with no problems due FHF. And if this happens to messer, it happens to a shitload of other weapons too.

Did you guys changed flinch times in mercs as well? This looks kinda broken imo, we need to cftp every time! I really don’t know if flinch times are different in mercs because I don’t play on it too much

• @Vanguard:

To my surprise I hit him first, he dies. Makes me think, if it was in mercs and we both get full health, I could interrupt messer combos with greatsword accelerated overhead with no problems due FHF. And if this happens to messer, it happens to a shitload of other weapons too.

You cant, you will get hit pretty much everytime

• @CRUSHED:

You cant, you will get hit pretty much everytime

Yeah I forgot to mention, we were at facehug range, both not moving. Such situation is not really common I think, oh and also, it was a duel!

• FHF prevents a lot of trades but a few still happen.

Messer vs greatsword comes down to who decides to drag, usually you will just trade unless you do really good gr8sword instant hits.

• @zombojoe:

FHF prevents a lot of trades but a few still happen.

Messer vs greatsword comes down to who decides to drag, usually you will just trade unless you do really good gr8sword instant hits.

Its funny because when that weird ass situation happened the first thing I though “MAN this shit is broken, technically you need to cftp after hitting a GS vanguard”. But idk if it can be exploited to the point of being broken, because you need facehug range and your opponent must not backpedal or sidestep, which is quite rare in my experience. Might be easier if you are gud with b0ckswings, but sidesteps and backpedal can avoid that too.

In that duel we both thought I was dead lol, was a real surprise me hitting first. Greatsword is really great.

• I’ve not had any problems with this mod at all tbh. Stop complaining you lot

• @loin:

I’ve not had any problems with this mod at all tbh. Stop complaining you lot

Sorry Loin :(

• you guys should try memercs

http://youtu.be/As1B0S4aeYs

• @zombojoe:

you guys should try memercs

This is the best thing i’ve seen in my entire life

• flails are pretty balanced in memercs tbh

• @zombojoe:

flails are pretty balanced in memercs tbh

Perhaps Torn Banner will implement them in vanilla if they find out giant pink schlongs are less wonky than steel chains.

• i wonder if we’ll get mentioned in the next community brabble

• @zombojoe:

you guys should try memercs

Man the hit sounds LOL

10/10

• What game is this