Can I get a Goatee?

• Will you be able to customise your character’s head or ethnicity? Or will there be variation in the same class? I’d like to feel like I’m not killing the same guy over 20X if you know what I mean. Though I could just have leftover trauma from SWBF……so many clones…so very alone…

• I do not see that working as then every person would have to download the specific facial settings of every other person in a server making it pretty laggy + I don’t think they had black people running about in knights armour.

• There prob wasn’t as many Black ppl in plate armour back then but that was prob only because of wearing 60lb of steel in a desert wouldn’t end well…
    But if you could get some sort of facial differences random or otherwise that would be great fun. I mean you can see in the new trailer sllight differences between the soldiers (I think the pointy helmeted ones are vanguards?) but you don’t have to have as much variety in Global agenda (don’t know they do that without massive laggs) but if u’ve ever played Dynasty warriors 5 empires that got a quite simple but effective edit system.

• @Stalin:

I do not see that working as then every person would have to download the specific facial settings of every other person in a server making it pretty laggy + I don’t think they had black people running about in knights armour.

I don’t see why that wouldn’t work. Faces can be represented by a fairly short code that only needs to be downloaded once when a player connects to the server. Warband did it, and it’s not like it’s the only multiplayer game with facial customization. I always found it fantastic to be able to recognise my opponents and allies across half the map, solely on their face, their equipment choice and often even their fighting style. I’m really hoping Chivalry will have a comparable feeling of individuality on the battlefield.

• me too :D

• If it would work then it would make a nice feature, but it should be kept realistic i.e. no Japanese ninja knights running about

• Let there be mutton chops!

• Developer

We’re investigating what the possibilities of character customization will be. All things are possible, but in the end it will come down to how much time our small team has to add these features.

• All Masons should have goatees. It just makes sense.

• Just meh… Like you have time to see any difference in the face of the enemy when you smash it to bits. Not interested in facial options in a fast paced game like AOC/Chiv

Play DA2 or ME2 if you want that crap.

EDIT: Also helmets they are supposed to cover most of face anyway.

• @Dussan:

Just meh… Like you have time to see any difference in the face of the enemy when you smash it to bits. Not interested in facial options in a fast paced game like AOC/Chiv

Play DA2 or ME2 if you want that crap.

EDIT: Also helmets they are supposed to cover most of face anyway.

Agreed, and if it means the games released even a day earlier, scrap the hell out of it!

• @Dussan:

Just meh… Like you have time to see any difference in the face of the enemy when you smash it to bits. Not interested in facial options in a fast paced game like AOC/Chiv.

Sure you do. You just have slow eyes.