Desync issues

• Hi, im new to the game and i picked archer as my main. I seem to have some lag/desync issues regarding player models where i can see my arrows/spears pass through the enemy but it is not registered as a hit. This only occurs on low ping servers, weirdly enough when i have 200 + ping, the game register hits. Is there some console cmd to force player models to update properly? Thanks

• just bad game code. the only fix is uninstalling

• @Fumbleton:

weirdly enough when i have 200 + ping, the game register hits. Is there some console cmd to force player models to update properly? Thanks

Why are you playing the game with 200+ ping? you’re going to have a whole new set of problems playing like that

• I smell a troll

• Mod

@Gaymer:

Why are you playing the game with 200+ ping? you’re going to have a whole new set of problems playing like that

He’s saying his hits register better when he plays with 200+ ping, but in lower ping servers they don’t. I find the same thing. When I sling a lot of the time the rock will visually hit the players model and bounce off and hit the ground and the player will receive no damage.

• I’ve had my throwing axes stick to enemies without dealing damage lately, it’s kind of annoying.

• Well there is a lot that happens when playing with or against players with high pings. As player with great ping you are more in sync with the server but when you get close to a high ping player, your swings and parries ghost through them because they are not where you visually see them according to the server but then you are hit by their attacks over and over. This is because the server and the client side hit detections are playing catch up but because of their delay they do not always see of feel the lag. AKA why you always here “but I am not lagging”

This game gets dramatically different every 40-60 increases in ping. If you are lucky and can play where most are in the 20-60 ping range the game is very responsive and accurate even reading feints very successfully. Once you get to the 60-90 ping range the game becomes sluggish and inaccurate but still playable for the most part. Once you get to 100-140+ you are a ghost who’s hits register but no one can really hit you. If you pay attention to the scoreboard you will usually see players at the top are either very low ping or very high ping if there is a large gap in ping between players.

I usually have 20-50 or less on most servers I play on and I can tell you a 60-80 ping differential between players is hell because you just ghost through them. So many times the game favors the high ping. This is why I have a 110 max ping limit kicker on the |ĶiĻă| Thunderdome server. There is just no reason to allow high pings on any server because this game is just too sensitive to ping.

I will never understand why official servers do not have an active high ping kicker enabled. It simply makes no sense to have assholes with 600 ping cripple and lag an already unstable server. Everyone should not suffer because some jackass has shitty internet or lives an ocean away. It is bad enough playing on a west coast server with 80 ping but I would never hop in a server with anything higher