Leave the Low Rank server's alone

• I agree that the noob servers are a bit useless. All it does is reinforce bad habits and the graduates get slaughtered just as much when they get to normal servers, only this time they rage even harder because they thought they knew how to play.

• I don’t really recall anyone asking on this forum or steam forums for low rank servers before we had them. Certainly not in significant numbers. Before we had low rank servers people either manned up and learnt how to play, or gave the game up as being too much of a challenge for them.

• To some extent I agree with dudeface, however I’m aware chivalry has a massive learning curve which might dissuade people from playing if they’re launched into the deep end of large public servers with a lot of high rank players and while people on low rank servers will pick up bad habits and start thinking they’re great, it’s still somewhat more realistic than playing against the bots.

At the moment though I think the current <15 etc., is a little bit too much of step into full public servers.

It’s not an easy problem to fix. If we had the player numbers we could have a server for say every 5 ranks, that way you’d see gradual improvements all the way up to ‘all levels’ - but I doubt this would work. Likewise another problem is highrankers going pubstomping on alts

• Surprisingly I agree with Loin. I haven’t been on low rank severs for months but when I was there I would say 50% of players were using family sharing accounts and were likely in rank 30s with their main account. Now and then a rank 50 would come along with a family share account.

So the whole argument of people learning nothing is mute and no I don’t think they will rage harder when they go on the normal rank servers - they will either stick with it or go back to low rank servers with another account.

Either way if they like it good for them, I can still find normal rank servers easily enough.

• I have a low rank Chivalry in my other loin acc on steam, Infact I made a video of the free weekend last year with that acc.
    it was a lot of fun actually mixing with the new players but having achieved a rank 14 in just a few days I am saving it now.
    Even though I can’t always get into a T/O game I still think low rank servers are needed to preserve a lobby for the
    main ranked game. The rest of us were the lucky ones as we all learned at the same time from day of release tbh.
    Try to imagine if we had stuck our toes in on game release to find rank 30 upwards players destroying us so easily?

They might have a few bad habits after leaving those low ranked servers but usually it doesn’t worry a ranked vet.

• It’s this thread again.

2-3 max per region. One of each game type: TO, TDM, FFA. No one cares about LTS at those ranks.

• its hard to say whether or not they should be here.

tbh, I think that most people who say ‘hurr when I was a low rank I manned up and got gud’, played when the playerbase was a lot newer and the percentage of high ranks was a lot smaller. this makes it easier to learn the game as you go along.

I got this game on a free weekend which helped, pretty sure the highest ranks on most servers were maybe 30 or so, rather than the multiple high ranks pubstompers you get nowadays that are built to destroy

• When I started playing, high ranks were rank 30-40, they could take on 5-10 enemies at the same time with no problems at all. Now it’s hard to fight two lmb spamming enemies because of hit trade meta.

• @Xylvion:

When I started playing, high ranks were rank 30-40, they could take on 5-10 enemies at the same time with no problems at all. Now it’s hard to fight two lmb spamming enemies because of hit trade meta.

also rip stamina.

• @Xylvion:

When I started playing, high ranks were rank 30-40, they could take on 5-10 enemies at the same time with no problems at all. Now it’s hard to fight two lmb spamming enemies because of hit trade meta.

but vanilla is so good

• Well this has already been discussed many times before: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/21336-Low-rank-servers

Most people seemed to agree they are a bad idea, or we need less of them.

• It really is minor issue, if you want to play on them (many medium ranks do) create a family share account and enjoy - there is really not that many “new” players, as demonstrated that the player base is not increasing. Eventually like myself you upgrade your computer and find that you can finally compete at higher levels and prefer the challenge of fighting 50s. Many of the 50s are pretty rusty I find nowadays.

Todays central and US east servers are pretty mixed - lots of rank 30s play on them.

• @gregcau:

It really is minor issue, if you want to play on them (many medium ranks do) create a family share account and enjoy - there is really not that many “new” players, as demonstrated that the player base is not increasing. Eventually like myself you upgrade your computer and find that you can finally compete at higher levels and prefer the challenge of fighting 50s. Many of the 50s are pretty rusty I find nowadays.

Todays central and US east servers are pretty mixed - lots of rank 30s play on them.

I hardly think most players who think low rank servers are not a great idea are wanting to play against new players. I think most people do indeed prefer to fight against good players rather than LMB spamming newbies given the choice.

You say that there aren’t many new players, so how do you account for low rank servers always being populated? I think it more likely that new players start playing (especially during sales) join a low rank server, gain an incorrect impression of the game, play until they get to rank 16, then rage quit when they realise the game is much harder than they initially thought. The player base not increasing surely supports this theory.

It would also suggest that the low rank servers only work for as long as people can play on them. It doesn’t substantially increase the active player base beyond these low rank servers. Perhaps if players gained an accurate idea of what the game is like, and gained some idea of the skill involved in the game from day 1, then perhaps they wouldn’t pick up bad habits and feel like they had been “living” a lie as they play the game. I imagine they feel like they have to relearn the game all over again. Many then ragequit, some for good.

It’s like anything that you learn to do badly, it takes a lot longer to correct bad habits than it does to learn properly from the start.

• @gndo:

so how do you account for low rank servers always being populated?

I already told you, when I played on them 50% are regular players (rank 20-40) who created a family share account that allows them to start at 0 again. Now and then a skilled player (rank 50) would join and carve them up.

• @gregcau:

I already told you, when I played on them 50% are regular players (rank 20-40) who created a family share account that allows them to start at 0 again. Now and then a skilled player (rank 50) would join and carve them up.

Well I don’t know where you get the stats from, probably were 90% of statistics come from hurr.

Anyways if what you say is true then there is no point having low rank servers if “50%” of the people on them aren’t even low ranks. Is there?

• What’s probably more likely is that out of a 32 player low rank server you might get 1 smurf on there. Usually 0.

The fact that you got owned by a bunch of low ranks doesn’t mean they’re all high rank smurfs. Rank 0s are more dangerous to a rank 50 than a rank 16 is.

• @lemonater47:

What’s probably more likely is that out of a 32 player low rank server you might get 1 smurf on there. Usually 0.

The fact that you got owned by a bunch of low ranks doesn’t mean they’re all high rank smurfs. Rank 0s are more dangerous to a rank 50 than a rank 16 is.

lemon you know nothing troll whore.

• 50% is a bit of a stretch lol. How’d you get your numbers? Shift tab and decided that everyone with a private account was really a high rank?

Not to mention family sharing doesn’t actually work like this.

• @lemonater47:

50% is a bit of a stretch lol. How’d you get your numbers? Shift tab and decided that everyone with a private account was really a high rank?

I can tell because it is obvious who is never played before and who is look down comboing.
    @lemonater47:

Not to mention family sharing doesn’t actually work like this.

This is why I get so annoyed with your posts. You are so full of shit. You don’t experience anything that you say, you are a perpetual liar.

Yes IT IS HOW IT WORKS you dolt, I have done it many, many times half a year ago.

Stop polluting the forum with made up shit you know nothing about. Fuck.

• Have you ever played the game greg, like at all?