How can TBS…

• …be making Chivalry 2 and expect a playerbase given the state they left Chivalry 1 in? Lol. Tell me something that’s not broken pls. I’ll start it off with “Warhammer”

• Are they making chivalry 2 though? The game has yet to be announced.

• they are not making chiv 2.

• ^

playerbase is dropped from 2000 to 1500 concurrent. Still decent though it has fallen off the steam top 100.

a sale might help (if they had one in the last few months I didnt notice it).

• It’s 50% off right now.

• ok I guess it wont help

• Its a pity some existing players can’t simply purchase a 4 pack or another copy for my inventory via steam tbh.

• The game had sold 2.5 million copies. Which is a rediculously large amount. Poor player retention mainly due to the skill ceiling more than anything. Many of the bad reviews for the game complain about how everyone beats them. Calling features bugs and exploits. Or they simply don’t realise the depth of the game.

There’s a point where sales don’t help anymore.

Actual bugs in my opinion are far down the list of reasons why people don’t hang around. Most of the people who complain about bugs still stick around anyway. Or they leave and come back. No one with 1000+ hours can really quit chivalry forever.

• @lemonater47:

The game had sold 2.5 million copies. Which is a rediculously large amount. Poor player retention mainly due to the skill ceiling more than anything. Many of the bad reviews for the game complain about how everyone beats them. Calling features bugs and exploits. Or they simply don’t realise the depth of the game.

Skill ceiling for us, sure.
    But for them, and understandably so, it’s just an exploitfest that was created as the unintentional result of pushing the gameplay system to its maximum.
    The only ones who really stick around for Chivalry after sales and free weekends are the ones who either really, really love everything medieval and the ones who are just sick and tired of looking for a (better) alternative when it comes to medieval combat games.

I wouldn’t say they don’t realize the “depth” of the game. Moreso just don’t care to be involved in a game where you have to main “exploits” and push the engine to the max to win. I don’t mean that as a bad way; it’s just the truth.

Simply put: There’s people who drag and reverse overhead and there’s people who suck at the game.

When it comes to players giving up on the game despite enjoying the gameplay and having proven they’re good at it, it usually narrows down to having had enough of the developers’ incompetence or just moving on to a different game because you’ve simply gotten your money’s worth times a thousand.

For me it’s both. I quit the game due to nonsensical bugs that completely prevented me from enjoying the game but looking back now I feel ashamed for once defending the excessive drags and reverses as “game mechanics” while they were clearly never intended by the developers from the start. Somewhere along the line they were just like “Oh, that’s possible? Meh, I don’t feel like changing it.”

• But you’re still here. You “quit” the game months ago apparently.

• @lemonater47:

But you’re still here. You “quit” the game months ago apparently.

I quit the game, yes, not the forums.

Too many good people around here who sadly haven’t discovered what mess they’re dedicating too much of their spare time to.
    Oh well, still better than the Steam Forums, right? Here I can still talk to gamers who are nice and actually fun to talk to. Even you.

Don’t get me wrong though, I’ve now been spending 75% of the time I used to spend here on the Evolve forums.

• @Rickvs:

I’ve now been spending 75% of the time I used to spend here on the Evolve forums.

Boy you wanna talk about a dying game, there’s a good example.

• ^ Indeed. The Steam charts make me chuckle, especially because the developers only have themselves to blame for that mess.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/273350

• A better strategy is to take a week or Two away from the game. Atm I am watching SG-1 10 seasons back to back almost.
    at season 10. Then its off to Stargate Atlantis for the next Two weeks. Offcouse I won’t play Chivalry in that time also
    I visit this site (in fact I have a short cut on my favs bar, I keep pressing it in error of ebay or hotmail and end up here
    more then usual.)
    Lets say you will be back occasionally to play but more in the winter months mr Rickvs tbh.

• if the game had more maps people would come back

• @zombojoe:

if the game had more maps people would come back

They are testing maps its on the news. Why don’t you put forward our map the twinned throne room mr Z?
    Imagine a 32 ffa or king vs king with a small team on each side, Why even mr Rickvs might be tempted not to leave

• Chivalry is like crack. You wanna quit but the addiction just keeps drawing you back. Even though there’s bugs everywhere.

• To be fair as of April 2014 chivalry was the 59th top selling game on steam of all time. And that was with 1.6 million copies. They have sold 2.5 million now just over a year later.

TB can do whatever the hell they want and still sell copies.

• @lemonater47:

To be fair as of April 2014 chivalry was the 59th top selling game on steam of all time. And that was with 1.6 million copies. They have sold 2.5 million now just over a year later.

TB can do whatever the hell they want and still sell copies.

Chivalry isn’t on the top 100 most played anymore though, for the first time I can remember.

• @gndo:

Chivalry isn’t on the top 100 most played anymore though, for the first time I can remember.

It falls off the top 100 list at this time of day. Recently it’s been fluctuating between 60th and not on the board at all.

And what I was talking about is sales compared to other steam games. April 2014 study however.