Multiplay servers are still shit, and getting worse.

• Teleporting players. Weapon damage desynch. Server freeze issues. Server crashes. Stuttering, lagging, freezing and skipping. All of these delightful things can be frequently experienced on any multiplay server, at any time of day.

There was a post about this earlier. The planets aligned, someone from multiplay actually responded, and asked for specific times/servers having problems. When it was revealed that the problems are across all servers at all times, there was no reply, even after a couple potential fixes were suggested by players.

So, WTF? Is the problem being worked on? Or is the player base, once again, being ignored? Honestly if the game code/ servers had been this unstable and buggy on release, which is when I purchased it, I would have asked for my money back.

• Yep, definitely getting worse. I think Lemon said the devs were talking about using different server hosting but I never saw them say it.

• I have that problem on my server on occasion. It is more the game than anything.

• TO #20 West crashes every 2 hours it seems. WTF is going on here. If these servers aren’t free, then you getting ripped off

• These servers are just about ok tbh. What we as a community need to be asking is when the day comes that
    TB takes down the servers, will they let us host our own as does old Quake 3. I remember when Activision

pulled a game the entire community went down. After a year they agreed to let a few have
    the code and host servers etc. This is what you should be considering can loyal players who
    purchased game on release and have not left have this facility if TB leaves.

You also have to consider if they did make a Chiv 2 , then why would they even continue with servers for Chiv 1?
    I ask in advance for the loyal community members to be allowed with code provided to host Chivalry 1 at that
    time in the future with TB’s approval as they have moved on tbh.

• They already let us host our own servers. I don’t think many would care if all the officials went down tomorrow.

• @SOC:

Yep, definitely getting worse. I think Lemon said the devs were talking about using different server hosting but I never saw them say it.

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/23354-Official-AWS-EU-servers

• @quackquackquack:

Teleporting players. Weapon damage desynch. Server freeze issues. Server crashes. Stuttering, lagging, freezing and skipping. All of these delightful things can be frequently experienced on any multiplay server, at any time of day.

There was a post about this earlier. The planets aligned, someone from multiplay actually responded, and asked for specific times/servers having problems. When it was revealed that the problems are across all servers at all times, there was no reply, even after a couple potential fixes were suggested by players.

So, WTF? Is the problem being worked on? Or is the player base, once again, being ignored? Honestly if the game code/ servers had been this unstable and buggy on release, which is when I purchased it, I would have asked for my money back.

That was a long time ago, and actually yes it did get better.

The current problems started perhaps 3 or 4 weeks ago and are happening many times in each TO game.

I would like to see NA AWS servers - central, east and west to see if it is radically better.

Always possible Multiplay is suffering from DDoS attacks, certainly it affects all players on the server and on many servers.

• @lemonater47:

They already let us host our own servers. I don’t think many would care if all the officials went down tomorrow.

Even so I thought they reported to a master server at Tb. When a few yrs back the Quake3arena
    master server went down 1.32 no private servers could be seen with the ingame browser. Lets
    not forget servers atm report to TB for rank increases and skins. So you don’t actually host a
    private server with full freedom as of yet. Some essential code is likely to be held back for now.

• Master server is steam.

• Yes by your logic as usual, steam must give us rank increases and skins with hats then. How come that guy in the video
    doesn’t sound stupid or like a troll even. Its doubtful a material as dense as you has been discovered yet.

• I was on an official server for a bit last night and it was incredibly unstable for pings, lots of weirdness happening. My ping started around 50 but as it got full it crapped out around 80+ and I couldn’t parry anything let really fight all that well. Trying to get a riposte was also close to impossible and a shit ton of ghost swings. It is amazing how ping just fucks with this game so much specially on a weak server. Of course there were idiots playing with 130+ ping and no one would kick them. Why do the official server not have ping limits?

• @Retsnom:

I was on an official server for a bit last night and it was incredibly unstable for pings, lots of weirdness happening. My ping started around 50 but as it got full it crapped out around 80+ and I couldn’t parry anything let really fight all that well. Trying to get a riposte was also close to impossible and a shit ton of ghost swings. It is amazing how ping just fucks with this game so much specially on a weak server. Of course there were idiots playing with 130+ ping and no one would kick them. Why do the official server not have ping limits?

I’m having similar issues, and others. Its getting very difficult to enjoy this game, more and more it feels as though I’m playing a pre-release beta. Not to mention there are blatant bugs (Objective failed!- Burn the tents) that have been around for months and not fixed, with more cropping up all the time. Server crashes are frequent, happens to me about once a day. And yes, the servers really should have ping limits, players with high pings make everything worse.

• every single day for the last weeks multiplay is a piece of shit.

if only we had a community manager to fix this crap.

it is a complete piece of fucking bullshit, the fact that TBS will not allow other “official servers” while they server up manure for a platform with no moderators.

Disgusting.

How much do they pay Multiplay monthly - $2,000? , $4,000? I would dump that money into another company considering it has been over a month of this laggy server side shit.

• Hey guys,

My name is Josh / Tactful and I work for Multiplay. Our tech team have taken a look into the general server stats and performance but they can’t find any anomalies. Currently there are no widespread trackable problems according to all the reporting / alerting systems we have.

We’re really interested in isolating and finding the causes of these issues you guys are experiencing, but we need some help with our investigations. Firstly, we need to know what server you guys are connecting to that is having issues (server name & location or IP).

Secondly, we need you to run a WinMTR report. Running this report will show us which part of the chain between you and your destination (i.e the server) is dropping packets or just generally having issues. We have a publicly available guide for you to follow on this here: https://support.multiplay.co.uk/support/solutions/articles/1000180643-winmtr-request

If you can do both the above steps, and then file a ticket with our technical support team at support.multiplay.co.uk (make sure to reference this thread) we’re going to be moving as fast as we can to get these problems sorted out for you guys.

When we see posts like this it’s very troublesome because our data / stats show that the majority of players are actually having a completely optimal online gaming experience. We believe this may be a few isolated instances playing up in specific areas. We really want to fix this, so any help you guys can provide in helping us lock down these affected incidents so we can figure out what is going on will be much appreciated.

Once we know the affected locations, we will throw up some test instances which you guys can join to test on.

Thanks for reading, and I hope we can get this sorted out for you guys ASAP.

• Very helpful tbh mr Tactful, when I return in 3 weeks after my sci fi boxet marathon I will try this WinMTR report

• Seriously, wtf is going on with the servers? This last week people have 10-30 ping higher on a regular basis. I get 120+ ping on UK servers sometimes as well, my ping usually doesn’t go above 68 on them. This is either multiplay related or as Retsnom mentioned in another post that the default tick rate on servers was lowered, heck it might be both for all I know. Fix this already, the game is hard to play with 60 ping but 80-100 is just impossible.

• @Xylvion:

Seriously, wtf is going on with the servers? This last week people have 10-30 ping higher on a regular basis. I get 120+ ping on UK servers sometimes as well, my ping usually doesn’t go above 68 on them. This is either multiplay related or as Retsnom mentioned in another post that the default tick rate on servers was lowered, heck it might be both for all I know. Fix this already, the game is hard to play with 60 ping but 80-100 is just impossible.

Yeah I upped the server tick rate on my server to 66 after the last patch kicked it back to default of 30 and it is running fairly smooth. Much smoother and with lower pings than the official servers

• @Xylvion:

Seriously, wtf is going on with the servers? This last week people have 10-30 ping higher on a regular basis. I get 120+ ping on UK servers sometimes as well, my ping usually doesn’t go above 68 on them. This is either multiplay related or as Retsnom mentioned in another post that the default tick rate on servers was lowered, heck it might be both for all I know. Fix this already, the game is hard to play with 60 ping but 80-100 is just impossible.

Did you read Tactfuls post and try that out? If I get the chance to play before I go away and I start getting the lag again I will.

• I don’t think that everyone having worse ping is related to me.