Give Tower Shields ability to riposte

• and I still wouldn’t use it. How do we make this awesome looking piece of junk a worthwhile competitive option over the kite shield in melee combat?

I remember when I was a noob and did the tutorial for the first time, the knight trainer was like “a good tower shield knight is unhittable.” I wanted that so bad, but he was talking about MaAs instead.

• Well if you ask a rank 16 the tower shield is the most OP defensive option in the game.

• if shields had riposte they would be viable

• If shields had riposte there’d be no reason to not use shields.

• ya if u want to use superior 2 handed weapons or superior non shield 1 h anims

• @Xylvion:

If shields had riposte there’d be no reason to not use shields.

Just like in real life!

• @Kreittis:

Just like in real life!

yes yes, 3 arrows/second when? javelins piercing shields when? swords useless against armour when? Brie eating mustached men when? fair player 90 fov cap when?

• I have mixed feelings about shields nowadays - they are not good of course and I generally avoid them.

But they are a pain to deal with - you have to use a bunch of stamina and take the extra time to kick them - perhaps it is the crappiness of the kick tracer that is annoying. I hate shield users on stairs for example.

• I still wouldn’t use it since it’s unreliable at blocking and still has a slow raise time. The only superior animation shields give outside buckler is combo stabs which become easy to read after the first one. I would imagine most 2h sword stab riposte still have a harder animation to read then a shield sword stab riposte. Wow that felt weird to type.

• Blocking with the shield is easy, it’s a 360 forcefield.

• @Xylvion:

Blocking with the shield is easy, it’s a 360 forcefield.

For everything but tower, I get around towers all day that block correctly and they have the least butt blocks. Even buckler is more reliable now for both jav and non-jav. I guess flail shield is the only thing less reliable.

• @SOC:

For everything but tower, I get around towers all day that block correctly and they have the least butt blocks. Even buckler is more reliable now for both jav and non-jav. I guess flail shield is the only thing less reliable.

Thats beciase you didn’t block and look up. Crouching for extra blockiness.

• @lemonater47:

Thats beciase you didn’t block and look up. Crouching for extra blockiness.

This basically.
    If you don’t block and look up with a shield it’s easy to get around, if you do you can even get hit in the hells and manage to block somehow.

• @Xylvion:

yes yes, 3 arrows/second when?

You mean that Lars whatshisface and his show shooting that wouldn’t penetrate proper armor? Probably never because that would be stupid.

@Xylvion:

javelins piercing shields when?

Must be some terrible shields if javelins can pierce them so probably never because both forces in Chivalry use proper shields.

@Xylvion:

swords useless against armour when?

Never because people have raging boner for sword for some reason. Also sword had some use against armor. You know, mordhau, aiming at joints, using the sword as a lever for grappling etc… But that’s too advanced for videogames.

@Xylvion:

Brie eating mustached men when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw3e64sosEg

@Xylvion:

fair player 90 fov cap when?

Human eye can only see 55 FOV, any higher is immersion breaking.

• Didn’t Lars shoot like 5 or 7 or whatever arrows/second though? Besides bio, only one class has armour.
    Implying bucler is a high tier shield.
    Yes
    Implying Sweden didn’t help Finish fugitives
    No.
    I like making arrowthingies tbh.

• towershields need a buff pls

meme arrows dont add the discussion

• It’s easy to get around crouch look up tower shields lol, they’re not like kite, heater or buckler. I get around them and people get around mine all the time.

• This shield discussion is towering over my head.

• @Oy:

This shield discussion is towering over my head.

Poster nr 18, Mr Oy, is very funny circus man tbh.

• @Xylvion:

Didn’t Lars shoot like 5 or 7 or whatever arrows/second though? Besides bio, only one class has armour.

All the classes have armor. Only one class has plate armor.
    I think the “lol ancient bow techniques” guy shot like 3 per second but IDGAF about show shooting.

@Xylvion:

Implying bucler is a high tier shield.

implying chiv buckler is an actual buckler
    Besides, round wooden shields are actually pretty good, just look at the vikings and how well they did during their conquest. You either have to have monstrous strenght or rotten shield to penetrate it with any kind of javelin. not even the roman pilum penetrated the shields, it just lodged deep into it and became a dead weight so the shield would become very unwieldy.

@Xylvion:

Yes

{I do not understand.}

@Xylvion:

Implying Sweden didn’t help Finish fugitives

You aren’t supposed to help fugitives, come on. At least help the refugees.

@Xylvion:

No.

Prove me wrong professor. I dare you, human eye can only see 40 FOV.

@Xylvion:

I like making arrowthingies tbh.

failing at meme arrow colors
    ISHYGDDT