Chivalry Community Brabble #2

• Developer

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. Yes, it’s time for another blog on the global community of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. This time: an old piece of meat records a Youtube series on Chivalry, an epic duel between kings, and a beautiful painting of death.

Malric must die

We’re loving this Let’s Play series by one of our favourite Youtubers, VintageBeef - who has made 76 Chivalry videos so far. Malric must perish, glory to Feydrid!

https://youtu.be/zBTmbOZLmaU

A beautiful death

Chinese player 我是传说二号机 made this to represent his first time playing Chivalry. We think it’s beautiful.

Two Kings go to war

Get Skrekt recorded this awesome Youtube footage of a rare, epic showdown between Agatha’s King Feydrid and the Mason King Malric. Getting both sides to cooperate must have been quite the task!

https://youtu.be/FjC1CILZNMA?t=255

A bridge too far

What happens when you pit 40+ Chivalry players against each other? Death. Lots of it. Great screenshot by ªStarving0rphan from a recent large scale community battle organized by the Steam Group, Chivalry Community Events.

Hammer to fall

Short and sweet, this highlight by William Pool is one of the best maul kills we’ve ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptdBS0l0tjA&feature=youtu.be

Night knight

Amazing, painterly image of Chivalry’s Knight - looking like a majestic stallion on the battlefield. From Chivalry Steam Community user Riku.

Kill it! Kill it with fire!

An Agathan Man-at-Arms goes hamster style in this truly disturbing screenshot taken by CuddlyNeedle. Please, don’t look at it before bedtime.

Talk to us!

If you’ve tattooed “AGATHA 4 EVA” on your forehead or recorded a ridiculously dumb new highlight reel, get in touch. Don’t make us say “I beg thee milord”. Plenty of ways to tell us about your stuff:

Steam Community
    Community Content thread on the Torn Banner forum
    Subreddit
    Chivalry or Torn Banner on Twitter
    Chivalry or Torn Banner on Facebook

• so hows about actually updating the game

Seriously, I thought making games was your company’s full time jobs. The hell is going on in there? Better be some goddamn Chiv 2.

• @playerhayter:

Talk to us!

We do but you don’t respond.

Seriously this is a bit of a joke - reposting youtube and pictures? Save it for twitter not the forum.

• Well it’s not this persons job to fix the game.

• Can’t hate on the community manager for not delivering you Chivalry 2 with a bow tie on it. Atleast somebody is here, actually trying. The last thing we need is more negativity.

• Keep up the good work playerhayter! Any news is good news.

• @gregcau:

We do but you don’t respond.

Seriously this is a bit of a joke - reposting youtube and pictures? Save it for twitter not the forum.

That’s funny because this blog is exactly what some community members wanted. Perhaps if you post actual constructive feedback instead of shitposting about Lemon’s post count they’ll listen to what you have to say.

On topic, I enjoy reading these. Looking forward to the next one.

• Leave the player hatin’ to playerhayter. I enjoy reading these too. Thought it was quite nice that they also popped up in the in game news feed which finally gives it a purpose. I’d rather hear something, than hear nothing.

• Playerhayter you got some fuckin nerve buddy, sitting there all smug while you defile the forums with your ‘news’. How dare you do a thankless job solely for our benefit, you scum! Posting funny videos and pictures here like this is some kind of hub of communication for like-minded individuals…

• I like it actually, it’s better than being completely quiet.

Either way, Kimiko had access to the server files and I assume you do to, right Playerhayter? If so, could you take a quick look and see if the official servers tickrate has gone down from 60 as it was before to 30, it would be very much appreciated.

Also while we’re at it, the official FFA servers. . . There are some really good maps, like the darkforest and darkforest-cistern, also the second hillside FFA map that could be added to the maprotation, Arena is way way way too small for 24 player servers but could be kept on 16 player servers. Would be neat if you could look into this.

• Post some boobs in the next Brabble and you’ll get a much more positive response.

• Real talk though, if you can put these community things together can you get our opinions together and force Torn Banner to continue balancing and rebalancing Chivalry on a continuous, reasonably fast pace like nerfing archers? Also fix catapult fast clicks.

• Developer

@Tyoson:

Leave the player hatin’ to playerhayter.

I think I need this on a t-shirt.

• @Oy:

Post some boobs in the next Brabble and you’ll get a much more positive response.

greg approves.

• @playerhayter:

I think I need this on a t-shirt.

I think we need t-shirts as well.

• You know what would go a long way towards gaining some positive rep in the forums for real though player is to get a sweet sig, location and avatar. Lends some personality and flavor to otherwise bland orange toilet paper roll posts no offense tbh.

• @Oy:

You know what would go a long way towards gaining some positive rep in the forums for real though player is to get a sweet sig, location and avatar. Lends some personality and flavor to otherwise bland orange toilet paper roll posts no offense tbh.

Can confirm. Just look how laced my shiet is.

• Top post. Love having a community manager. I’m seconding this:

@Xylvion:

Either way, Kimiko had access to the server files and I assume you do to, right Playerhayter? If so, could you take a quick look and see if the official servers tickrate has gone down from 60 as it was before to 30, it would be very much appreciated.

Also while we’re at it, the official FFA servers. . . There are some really good maps, like the darkforest and darkforest-cistern, also the second hillside FFA map that could be added to the maprotation, Arena is way way way too small for 24 player servers but could be kept on 16 player servers. Would be neat if you could look into this.

Look for the file
    PCServer-UDKEngine.ini

Under the line
    [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]

Find
    NetServerMaxTickrate

and please let us know what they are set to.

• Awesome that you put my video in this post, but you managed to spell my name wrong x)

• @Aurane:

I think we need t-shirts as well.

T-Shirts with voice command quotes would sell quite well I’d think.