<<HELP>>> Map Rotation Stuck and then rotation continues after server reboot.

• Ok I have several issues some that I have posted before. One is that I am still getting some maps that stick at rotation. Everyone gets the loading screen but the server is still stuck on the last map. The only pattern to this seems to be 20th map in rotation gets stuck so it doesnt matter if it is a custom or default map but the 20th slot seems to get stuck. Is there any INI settings that can solve this problem?

The second issue I have is that the server rotation continues after a reboot. Shouldn’t a server reboot, restart the map rotation from the beginning? Seriously, what gives? Are there any INI settings that can change this or is it supposed to save the last map and continue? If so where is this log file and can it be deleted or cleaned?

HELP so tired of having a busy server only to have it emptied when the server locks up. I have a work around in that when I know the map isnt loading I exit out of chiv and change the map using Chiv Rcon Tool or to restart Chiv, join the server, log in as admin and manually change the map. But by that time half the players have left.

HELP!!!

• Is this what’s happening to my server while it sits idle? I come and check on it and it’s not responding in the browser but still running on my VPS.

Pretty weird. Basically can’t leave it unattended for more than a few hours. This doesn’t seem to happen to the official servers though so I’m not sure what the deal is, or if it’s just something linux/config-specific.

• Well I dont think that the Official servers have 20 maps in their map list. They usually only have the default maps @ whatever game mode they are using. Like I said I have over 60+ maps (customs and default) in my rotation so that you never play the same game type or map twice.

I have been keeping notes on when and what maps are locking up and what I found was that every 20 maps, the 20th map will not rotate out. You can hop into the server and on that map but you cannot move or spawn. That is when you can login as admin and change the map manually that that starts works. I am not sure why it get stuck every 20 maps. There has to be an additional INI setting somewhere that you can increase the map list or get it to rotate properly. It is like the server just stops at 20.

• Hm, I dunno, classic server map rotation seems fairly long, what with the inclusion of the contest maps now. Surely it’s at least 20?