How Do I Become an Official Server Mod?

• Several players have complained to me about admins abusing their powers on official servers. This made me think that I could do a better job.

• Players don’t like getting banned so they complain that we are abusing our powers.

If enforcing even the most common-sense of rules is ‘abuse’ then I don’t think you would be able to do a better job.

• Hey Stan,

I’d advise writing a case to the devs on contact@tornbanner.com. I say though that adminning servers generally garners many times more abuse from people who’ve broken rules and end up being banned than it does thanks.

The server admins can make local bans then refer it to the devs for global bans to be applied where appropriate, which usually means screenshots/videos so that the devs can review the evidence. As such when bans are made it’s normally pretty definitive and doesn’t leave much room for interpretation/accusations of wrongdoing.

I personally have more respect for people that appeal saying they “did something wrong, it won’t happen again” than for those that start with the usual “did nothing wrong”/“being too good” etc.,

If anyone does have any legitimate evidence (and not hearsay) of an official admin abusing their powers, I urge you to send that proof to contact@tornbanner.com

• I like how some mods are more “official” than others.

But yes dudeface is right. No one likes being punished. Depending on who you ask I am both the best admin and the most abusive admin for my servers. The only middle ground is an admin who doesn’t use his powers. Only to kick high pingers.

However I do remeber a while back quite a few different people here and on the steam forums complained about that PDK moderator. The one nobody knows.

And what happened to knifelegs?

• knifelegs moved on to other games/things.

• So how do we become an admin now? Having me around to instant adminkickban guys with names like “BALTIMORE NI***** ARE INNOCENT” and other blatantly instant ban people using the usual Hitler/Jew/ect. garbage/racism would make the game a lot better.

• agreed, there is little moderation on the US servers.

• No doubt. We’ll look into getting a few more people on board.

• @SOC:

So how do we become an admin now? Having me around to instant adminkickban guys with names like “BALTIMORE NI***** ARE INNOCENT” and other blatantly instant ban people using the usual Hitler/Jew/ect. garbage/racism would make the game a lot better.

that guys one of the classiest trolls ive seen tbh

• Just yesterday some guy asked me how to become an official mod. He had contacted torn banner multiple times with no replies. That thread detailing how to become an official mod is still there.

• @lemonater47:

That thread detailing how to become an official mod is still there.

Where? I thought I unstickied that ages ago.

• Google. Best delete what’s in the OP.

• To anyone who’s worried about admins abusing their power, just download OBS and hotkey the record button to something. Hell, it’s useful for busting people who’re breakin’ the rules as well. I just recently busted a speedhacker.

• It is actually pretty hard to get evidence on an abusive admin.

Once you’re kicked you’re kicked.

• @SOC:

So how do we become an admin now? Having me around to instant adminkickban guys with names like “BALTIMORE NI***** ARE INNOCENT” and other blatantly instant ban people using the usual Hitler/Jew/ect. garbage/racism would make the game a lot better.

Funny… I dont have a problem with names like that because they are just words and they cannot hurt me. I guess I would make a horrible official admin. The easily offended hyper sensitivity of people just makes me sick. We have become a bunch of entitled open wounds just looking for any reason to be offended. Like anyone really cares about your feelings in a game where you are being dismembered. It is one thing to have a name it is another to be a douche troll in game. Even then I might not kick/ban unless it got out of control… I would prefer players to deal with it on their own instead of crying to big brother admin. But hey that is just me.

• The very idea abusive admins exist on the official servers is like suggesting that
    Thor remember it is SUPREME COMMANDER comes to my house for Earl grey tea with scones tbh.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-9RyHmjK-4
    You remind me of that senator kinsley tbh poster guy#14.
    At least you get to appeal bans here unlike some other gaming communities tbh

• @Retsnom:

Funny… I dont have a problem with names like that because they are just words and they cannot hurt me. I guess I would make a horrible official admin. The easily offended hyper sensitivity of people just makes me sick. We have become a bunch of entitled open wounds just looking for any reason to be offended. Like anyone really cares about your feelings in a game where you are being dismembered. It is one thing to have a name it is another to be a douche troll in game. Even then I might not kick/ban unless it got out of control… I would prefer players to deal with it on their own instead of crying to big brother admin. But hey that is just me.

Its a perfeclty normal human reaction. No one likes being insulted.

Since names like that only hurt people then they are a hinderence to your server and should be removed. It’s completely unnecessary having a name like that. It only offends people. Probably some immature bigoted idiot who just discovered what “The News” was the day before anyway. Likely to cause trouble in some other way. They do no good with that name and there’s no harm in them changing it.

• @Retsnom:

There’s a difference between having opinions and performing unacceptable behavior. I’m not personally offended by anything, but I grew up believing it’s not okay to be racist and spew it out on others, especially in an online environment when you just want reactions and attention. I think it sucks we currently now live in a world where people think you’re just being “hyper sensitive” to someone spamming “ni*****” and 100% TKing everyone the moment they join. I remember one server where you could get auto-banned for using curse words, which I agree is really silly in a game where we’re chopping heads off, but racism and blatant trolling just isn’t okay, no matter who you are, where you are, what you’re doing or what game you’re playing. I’d rather just instantly log in as admin and adminkickban him without any reactions to him.

• Official servers are of a different standard tbh. High Quality salt of the earth that really cuts the mustard. As soon as the
    nasty tongued jellybabybrillopads appear quite often they are kicked off. Even those pesky exploiters vote yes tbh.

• UGH, I just shake my head. Names are funny, racism is and can be funny. Watch any black comedian talking about white people. But that is still not be real racism. If I was to say “I am the Hitler of love” that is funny, meant as a joke with Zero racism or intent. Sorry but we are on the far end of being PC police of intolerance and it is getting out of hand to where everything can be considered offensive. Like you being offened out weights my right to free speech. Sorry in the US, that aint gonna happen. There is no right to not be offended. Matter of fact if you are easily offended, dont play on my server as one of my server rules is: Political Correctness will not be tolerated and if you are offended, fuck off.

Sadly people are now programed that everything is racist, bigoted, and misogynistic when in fact they cannot even define the words let alone understand or know what real racism looks like or is. A name is not racist. Words are not racist. And if you leave the definition of what is racist to the ones being offended we are in a world of PC hell. Here in KC we have a western stored called Nigros http://www.nigroswesternstore.com/ but according to the ignorant that would be racist not understanding that that is a real family name. But there are some that will find it offensive. Same is true with the country of Niger. SO who is going to be ignorant and get offended over the name of a country? In 3…… 2… 1…

Please spare me the PC BS SOC, if someone is spamming the “N” word, (it is sad that we cannot even mention the word that cannot be said) well there is also a huge difference between gga and gger. SO are you going to ban some kid from the inner city using his slang of gga? I have no problem with kicking someone blatantly spamming chat, trolling and trying to get a rise out of someone. But to ban someone over their name? yeah sorry that is hyper sensitive and being an asshole assuming that they are racist.

It is like having a contest for drawing Mohammad. I am all for it in a free country and if you have a problem, that is on you, dont live here, dont come here.