A Good Example

• The community has as much fault in the matter as the devs, I’m just saying the current situation is pretty sad and n wonder most people have fallen off.

• When I play Chivalry now I get messaged by my steam friends saying things like “Lol, you still playing that abortion!!”

These are players with close to 2000 hours in the game. Players who don’t post on the forums. There’s a lot more pissed off people than what you see on the forums.

The games fun, it’s broken fun, but it’s fun. At least torn banner has got a community manager. Which means they could be taking a step in the right direction. I see this game getting only a couple more patches. First the new maps. Then the bug fixes. Then the bug fixes patch will need to be bug fixed. Then months of silence. Then the shooter/melee hybrid first and third person shooter will be announced.

• that posterguy #2 is confused about this community abusing TB. Some of us were here from release and recall
    the help section being full and increasing everyday with problems simply ignored by TB. Infact Some players
    spent near 24/7 trying to help them ie remix and others. Check back and be amazed at the amount of posts
    completely ignored by TB in the support sections. The only people responsible for this pit stop is TB.

• Which leads to people abusing TB.

But red orchestra 2 has the same amount of completely unanswered support threads about problems that have been in the game for 4 years. The same tripwire.

So it isn’t the reaso for the hate really.

• Every developer can be crass tbh. It’s just learning from those mistakes and building a better version of yourself.

• @Tyoson:

Every developer can be crass tbh. It’s just learning from those mistakes and building a better version of yourself.

RO2 is as buggy as chivalry. People treat tripwire different to TB however.

• @lemonater47:

RO2 is as buggy as chivalry. People treat tripwire different to TB however.

RO2 is not as buggy as Chivalry, that game was their only real fuckup, and they admitted and apologized for their mistakes while making it. Chivalry is TB’S only game and they’re a much smaller company. This game was also Kickstarted. These are all important differences. In short, they have no real excuses. It remains to be seen how TB will handle future projects.

• RO2 has some pretty frustrating bugs. Like your character humping the ground crouching and lying down all the time without any player input. Mounting an MG is touch and go and your character model (and hit boxes) could be floating above the ground or wedged in the ground. Picking up weapons is iffy. Random Tposes, infinite bolting loop happens with semi autoed as well. Things like that. They all affect the game and all can cause your death or even cost the team the entire game. About 3 of those things will happen to you each game. And don’t even get me started on the cover system.

What it doesn’t have is lag issues. You can play RO2 with 200 ping lol. It’s solid in that regard.

If you look at a web archives of torn banner staff 2 years ago and compare it to their staff now half of them are completely different people as well. And as we all know that includes their main programmer. Reading someone else’s code can be difficiult. Formatted and documented differently. Even using different methods to get the same result.

Tripwire does help a lot with mods and I recall TB helping out a bit as well. I’m not part of my big mods for chivalry but I am for RO2. Tripwire helps us with any questions and AMG (tripwire’s partner developer) gave us a boatload of assets that they used for their greatest raids documentary series. All done via PMs. This mod is a total overhaul. Not playing with balance or anything like say mercs is. But TB seems to like mods as well.

Torn banner is too small really. Which is why I think deadloest warrior sorta got abandoned. Or in their works “it’s not our focus right now”. Said that last year lol after 10 months with no DW patches.

An announcement of a new project could do a variety of things to people’s opinions of torn banner. All depending on what it is. Unlikely to be a chivalry 2. Which is what many want. But people will also see a chivalry 2 as a total abandonment of chivalry 1.

• They’ve already spiritually abandoned chiv, might as well announce the new project soon.

Also the point I was wanting to make is that they learned from RO2, and as a result released KF2; an incredibly stable, polished and impressive game for Early Access, with a majority of content to come. EA done right essentially. They’re being smart, and also just as important, communicative. I’m hoping the new team at TB will emulate this quality. Stainless has also been doing a great job with the new Carmageddon over the past several months.

• TB has already done the post months and months ago saying “they will now be communicating better with the community” That lasted about a month.

On the topic of RO2. I absolutely hated that game. Nothing but a boring camp fest. Didn’t even find any bugs, just hated the game. Just like world of camps (tanks)

• They have not abandoned it in some ways tbh. Having purchased another copy on humble 3 weeks ago, I note TB
    started another sale on humble again, these quick fire sales appearing so often now on steam and other sites
    must be a sign of income needed to pursue what ever project they might or not be working on. Purchasing more
    copies of Chivalry is not an option for me now but certainly

**I would pay TB for a skeleton out fit which by now should be released to players with 1000’s plus onwards if they wish to purchase. **:tyrannosaurus:

• @Oy:

They’ve already spiritually abandoned chiv, might as well announce the new project soon.

Also the point I was wanting to make is that they learned from RO2, and as a result released KF2; an incredibly stable, polished and impressive game for Early Access, with a majority of content to come. EA done right essentially. They’re being smart, and also just as important, communicative. I’m hoping the new team at TB will emulate this quality. Stainless has also been doing a great job with the new Carmageddon over the past several months.

Well we’ll just have to wait and see if TB has learned then don’t we.

@Tyoson:

TB has already done the post months and months ago saying “they will now be communicating better with the community” That lasted about a month.

On the topic of RO2. I absolutely hated that game. Nothing but a boring camp fest. Didn’t even find any bugs, just hated the game. Just like world of camps (tanks)

You’re playing it wrong. If you camp you die. Over and over and over again.